1/6 MOLA RAM Custom Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Outfit is in the US. Should be here in a few days. Can't wait. Now on to Short Round.

So I sculpted a heart and put in some packages out, but it slipped my mind a few times because I did it as after thought. If you want a heart and didn't get one get with me and I'll get one out to you. I'm not charging for it.

Got the Deniz outfit today. Robe is too short for the Dominic body. Got it looking good on the ANH Solo body (though I really don't want to have to use that one as I had other plans for it). Pics soon ....

Good news/bad news... eager to see what ya got!

The way my Deniz robe lays there are two points that are longer than the rest -- even that length is too short?

Short might not actually be a bad thing. I originally assumed his robes should hang pretty low, but you can see here that they really don't (I tried to shorten up my robe to match, but after the water treatment it ended up hanging fairly low again, so I just decided to live with it).

temple-doom-movie-screencaps.com-7343.jpg

Yeah, it always reminded me a bit of the SS premium format outfit material (prototype anyhow), was kinda going for that pose there, it's got a sleek fitted look to it, as you said. I have some of the excess material on his right shoulder folded up to closer resemble the PF.

I gave the JX S01 body a shot first and it fit but felt a little bit slender when everything was put together so tried the Solo body. But I'm tempted to give the JX another go.

Looks great, TonTon, not too short on that body... of course as davejames pointed out, Mola's robe length is a bit short.

I always want it a little short so you can see at least the toe of the boot.

So that's the Solo body in your picture then? Definitely give the JX another try. And maybe don't fold the sash in half. Leave it wide so there's more width across the chest and holding the right side ("sleeve") up.

Mola's henchman does seem like the most logical next choice for a ToD villain... but my only issue with the Chief Guard is that his outfit colors are exactly the same as Mola Ram's and therefore would minimize Mola's impact on the shelf.

That said, The Guard would be an epic looking figure all his own.

Same colors maybe, but a very different outfit. Of course his huge size would make it dwarf every other Indy figure in my collection, which I'm not sure if I'd really want...

Looks great, TonTon, not too short on that body... of course as davejames pointed out, Mola's robe length is a bit short.

I always want it a little short so you can see at least the toe of the boot.

So that's the Solo body in your picture then? Definitely give the JX another try. And maybe don't fold the sash in half. Leave it wide so there's more width across the chest and holding the right side ("sleeve") up.

Thanks! I'll have to mess with it a bit more. These are all shots from last night as I didn't have a chance to do anything today. Mini review is I that I dig the ease of this outfit, easy to pop on and off and futzing is a bit easier, but there's not much hope of introducing any fine wrinkles like Spenser's has built into the material. Pretty awesome that we ended up with these two great outfits though, happy with both.

DSC_0452.jpg
DSC_0455.jpg
DSC_0462.jpg
DSC_0466.jpg
DSC_0476.jpg
DSC_0481.jpg
DSC_0495.jpg

Man that looks epic. :clap
Mola Ram is probably the most memorable of Indy's Adversaries in the series.

Agreed, and thanks for the rep! :duff

I really want that Thugee Acolyte in the background now too.

Agreed, l dig the contrast and the bloodied skirt. :lol Like the Royal Guard to the Emperor.

Back