1/6 MOLA RAM Custom Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well after a bunch of work I think I finally got this guy finished up. Made a few mods here and there, like shortening the robe in a few places, making the spikes a bit taller on the headdress, and making the teeth in the necklace a little sharper. For the leather wraps I used some black leather cord from Hobby Lobby, which I then cut down the middle to make narrower (they're also rougher on one side which matches the movie straps perfectly).

I racked my brain trying to think of a proper base, but then I noticed in the cave area where Indy was drugged that they had cracks in the floor with red light emanating out, which I thought looked kinda cool. So I took a shot at sculpting my first base with lights incorporated into it, and I'm pretty happy with the effect.

Huge thanks again to Spenser for putting this amazing set together! :)

20200926_212429 (3).jpg

20200926_202722 (2).jpg

20200926_203034 (2).jpg

20200926_201031 (2).jpg

20200926_200351 (2).jpg

20200926_211654 (3).jpg

Kinda hating your talent right now.:lol It all looks great. Skin tone is perfect. That base needs to be cast and sold. Many would by it. Mods to the necklace and horns looks awesome. I have the leather cord ready but just waiting on a good weekend that I can have a few hours to myself.

AWESOME!!!!

And that base is perfect!

Did you add hair to the shrunken head or bleach sections? Looks nice. And the robe seems to respond to water treatment well. I love him petting his headdress. "You don't believe me, Dr. Jones?"

The unpainted came without the hair I think. He really is setting the bar high for us.

Thanks guys!

Kinda hating your talent right now.:lol It all looks great. Skin tone is perfect. That base needs to be cast and sold. Many would by it. Mods to the necklace and horns looks awesome. I have the leather cord ready but just waiting on a good weekend that I can have a few hours to myself.

Thanks. I was considering the idea of casting it up for people here, but unfortunately that's one skill I haven't quite developed yet. Since they're not solid pieces and would probably require multi-part molds.

AWESOME!!!!

And that base is perfect!

Did you add hair to the shrunken head or bleach sections? Looks nice. And the robe seems to respond to water treatment well. I love him petting his headdress. "You don't believe me, Dr. Jones?"

Yeah I had to add the hair myself, which is something I'm still trying to get better at.

If anyone's interested, I did take a few pics of the base construction as well. Just thrown together with aluminum foil and sculpey.

Ideally for the lighting I would have simply used LED tape, but those require at least 9v and I wanted to hook this up to the same 3v adapter I have all my other figures on. So of course that meant having to solder a crap ton of LEDs. Lol

20200919_215510 (2).jpg
20200921_222528 (2).jpg
20200922_200757 (2).jpg
20200925_000424 (2).jpg
20200925_002615 (2).jpg
20200926_121746 (2).jpg

That's great. If I try something similar I'll just paint the inside shades of red. Don't have the set up yet for lights.

If anyone's interested, I did take a few pics of the base construction as well. Just thrown together with aluminum foil and sculpey.

Ideally for the lighting I would have simply used LED tape, but those require at least 9v and I wanted to hook this up to the same 3v adapter I have all my other figures on. So of course that meant having to solder a crap ton of LEDs. Lol

View attachment 496214

View attachment 496219

The tin foil is a genius idea. In fact, spray that with primer and it can almost work as it is.

But of course your particular end result is just incredible. The real dust/dirt added in the topper.

So did you ultimately attach the 3 pieces together, or is it a loose 3 piece configuration. And did you actually cover the tin foil in sculpy?

Yeah I've never tried sculpting a rocky surface before, and it's a lot trickier than you'd think! I did watch some youtube tutorials where people poor plaster onto crinkled up tin foil, but the effect never looked totally convincing to me, so I just did it by hand, using very course sandpaper for texture. And the dirt is black cinder I got at my local model train store.

And no the three pieces are still separate. I was planning to glue them all down to a thin piece of plastic at the very end, but it just didn't seem necessary since I won't be moving the figure around much anyway.

This is pure perfection, excellent job davejames!

Well after a bunch of work I think I finally got this guy finished up. Made a few mods here and there, like shortening the robe in a few places, making the spikes a bit taller on the headdress, and making the teeth in the necklace a little sharper. For the leather wraps I used some black leather cord from Hobby Lobby, which I then cut down the middle to make narrower (they're also rougher on one side which matches the movie straps perfectly).

I racked my brain trying to think of a proper base, but then I noticed in the cave area where Indy was drugged that they had cracks in the floor with red light emanating out, which I thought looked kinda cool. So I took a shot at sculpting my first base with lights incorporated into it, and I'm pretty happy with the effect.

Huge thanks again to Spenser for putting this amazing set together! :)

View attachment 496207

View attachment 496208

View attachment 496209

View attachment 496210

View attachment 496211

View attachment 496212

Thanks Seniram6!

Well after posting my pics to FB I got like 10 PMs asking for more information on this kit, so Spenser should be pretty busy for a while. Sorry about that. :p

Thanks Seniram6!

Well after posting my pics to FB I got like 10 PMs asking for more information on this kit, so Spenser should be pretty busy for a while. Sorry about that. :p

No problem, it wasn't that bad only three people asked.

Spenser-do you still have prophouse.... still up? Love looking at the older figs you put together.

Back