1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had my Catwoman for a few days. I wasn't too impressed with her initially, but once I got her all posed in my display she started to pop.
I actually think the likeness is very good, if not about perfect. I really like the material of the suit as well. The goggles feel cheap and frail, but by gently and patiently using both hands to adjust them, I had no breakage. I never plan to move them again. If removable goggles meant so much to everyone, Hot Toys should have just included two pairs. One pair in "ears" mode, and one pair in "goggles" mode. That would have been the way to go, if you were to ask me.

Oh, and I hate her stand. I appreciate that it takes up less room than all these clunky newer bases, and the glossy black is attractive and fitting. But who thought the raised bat emblem was a good idea? Her little heels keep slipping back and forth over it, causing her to lose her balance and tip forward and backward. It just seems silly to me that a figure wearing high heels would have obvious balancing difficulties, and that providing her with an uneven and awkwardly textured base would make it even more difficult. Maybe it's just me, but I've never had a more miserable time trying to stand a figure evenly on it's base. I don't like to rely too heavily on the metal crotch grabbers, either. Not since one left an indentation in the thigh of one of my older Batman figures. I wish they included plain generic stands in addition to all these flashy ones. It's not like Catwoman came loaded with extras, now is it?

I don't like to rely too heavily on the metal crotch grabbers, either.

I'll never use that kind of stand with any figure because it just looks like two fingers coming up for a nice feel to me. A grabber on one leg or waist/torso is also much easier to hide if necessary. But where possible I'd prefer to avoid a stand completely. I'm strongly considering drilling out the bottom of Selina's boots to fit magnets.

I'll never use that kind of stand with any figure because it just looks like two fingers coming up for a nice feel to me. A grabber on one leg or waist/torso is also much easier to hide if necessary. But where possible I'd prefer to avoid a stand completely. I'm strongly considering drilling out the bottom of Selina's boots to fit magnets.

:lol

The magnets alternative is actually a really interesting idea. I'd be curious to see how that turns out, should you ever give it a try.

Just got Selina today. Man what a hassle it was getting the damn mask on! Tried slipped them over her head, but her hair was getting in the way. Eventually I just followed the instructions straightened her hair with a wet comb and a toothpick.

The goggles were super stiff when I tried rotating them. They just wouldn't budge at first! So I was super careful in applying more pressure slowly on both sides. It felt like I was disarming a bomb! I broke the plastic piece of one side of the thin arm, but luckily not the arm themselves. :panic:

Glad to have my TDKR display finally done. :yess:

x2i2.jpg

o9g9.jpg

by84.jpg

Wow yours looks good without the mask on. I wonder why some people's look bad and others don't. Does anyone have any tips on how to light this figure for photos?

Wow yours looks good without the mask on. I wonder why some people's look bad and others don't. Does anyone have any tips on how to light this figure for photos?
That's how she looks with natural lighting. I personally think the likeness is good, and for general attempts of HT girls production it is even great.

bicoid18 you have a great set up, cool collection, and you know how to make good pics of it ;) :clap

Have you tried Blue Tack? I know some people use it, I've not tried it myself.

I have blu tack on mine on the fronts of the shoes.

Also, regarding the mask.
I never thought to mention this(Perhaps i should have on reflection).
With the mask being made of the same hard pvc/plastic/rubber that the most HT hands seem to be made of, when i put mine on, i boiled the kettle and filled a small shot glass with boiling water. I held the FRONT of the mask in the boiling water for maybe ten seconds(Just the part that covers her eyes, back to her temples), and that softened it enough that i was able to use one hand to hold her hair back and the other to gently push her mask down over her head.
The front was soft enough to stretch ever so slightly, and the rear parts with the peg and night vision goggles were not warmed up.
Mine went on first time with zero problems.
I never intended to remove it anyway, and have since purchased a second head sculpt and it's away getting a repaint for if i ever display her without the mask on.
I am not sure if this would help anyone.
But you never know.

That's how she looks with natural lighting. I personally think the likeness is good, and for general attempts of HT girls production it is even great.

bicoid18 you have a great set up, cool collection, and you know how to make good pics of it ;) :clap

I love that GIF of yours... :yess:

Who is selling this for $179?

i got it from an Australia Online Comic Shop Popculture. They offer Free Shipping in Australia and also ship international. they have a really great rewards program i got $50 off so the normal price is $229 Australia dollars, which would be cheaper if you pay in USD. there rewards program is great you buy like 2 figures from them and you have enough points for $50 off next order

i got it from an Australia Online Comic Shop Popculture. They offer Free Shipping in Australia and also ship international. they have a really great rewards program i got $50 off so the normal price is $229 Australia dollars, which would be cheaper if you pay in USD. there rewards program is great you buy like 2 figures from them and you have enough points for $50 off next order

wow, that kills SS rewards program. Assuming you are talking about HT figures

Back