1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

Just in case anyone is thinking the mask can be taken off, there will be a fairly sizeable rectangular peg moulded on the bridge of her nose. This peg will key with a hole in the mask. It's either that or a rectangular peg on the mask that seats into a hole on her nose, under the mask.
A small dot of superglue will be added to the peg, and then it will be glued on.
This is how it's done to hide the glue marks.
The mask must be removable in theory as it will have been added *after* the face and eyes have been painted.
But when it's attached, you will likely destroy the mask taking it off.
And possibly the face too.

Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

Just in case anyone is thinking the mask can be taken off, there will be a fairly sizeable rectangular peg moulded on the bridge of her nose. This peg will key with a hole in the mask. It's either that or a rectangular peg on the mask that seats into a hole on her nose, under the mask.
A small dot of superglue will be added to the peg, and then it will be glued on.
This is how it's done to hide the glue marks.
The mask must be removable in theory as it will have been added *after* the face and eyes have been painted.
But when it's attached, you will likely destroy the mask taking it off.
And possibly the face too.

Yeah but wouldn't take a huge amount of customization to make a maskless head, just some sculpt and paint touch up

And it is also a perfectly good reason to want a maskless face sculpt.

If you ordered the DX11 Joker, you will get a pair of cuffs, or I believe someone posted that Toy Anxiety is parting out the figure and taking pre orders on the parts.

Yeah but wouldn't take a huge amount of customization to make a maskless head, just some sculpt and paint touch up

Give it three weeks from the point where the chinese parters get them and there will be a custom bootleg out there that you can buy on Ebay without the mask.
It will be like the Wolverine head that does the rounds on Ebay.

I was hoping the mask would be removable as I like to display my figures with their alter egos. So I woud've purchased a second headsculpt for that. But, whatever, this is a must buy for me and hope a maskless hs is created, by someone, eventually.

Give it three weeks from the point where the chinese parters get them and there will be a custom bootleg out there that you can buy on Ebay without the mask.
It will be like the Wolverine head that does the rounds on Ebay.

Without a doubt

Well if they do do one I'll probably get it !

The mask will probably end up being removable like it was always going to be and the fans can rejoice that it was their voices that made the difference and how great are Hot Toys for taking notice :wink1:

Today, I agreed to get this one. I got a quote of $140 for it, so figured that was cool. I got a good quote on the Joker 2.0 as well. It does look like a very cool figure, and she'll make a nice pal for my Amy figure ( when it arrives).

I feel a little weird about the female 1/6 figures, almost like a barbie... but this one looks really great, and looks amazing with the pod... I think I'll preorder it, but i need to fight against the feeling that i have ajaja

I don't believe you are alone with those thoughts. Were it not for completing the Avenegrs, there's no way I would have even considered getting a BW.

I won't be getting this figure, but it does look good though.

I don't believe you are alone with those thoughts. Were it not for completing the Avenegrs, there's no way I would have even considered getting a BW.

I won't be getting this figure, but it does look good though.

I'm not alone :hi5:
I feel the same way. Selina is a great part of tdkr, but i'm still considering buy it or not. Maybe I'll just go for bane with all his inaccurates parts

Selina was a far better character than Bane in TDKR imo who was serviceable. For me the choice between the two, especially given all of the Bane figure's issues, is a no-brainer :)

So, you're going for Bane then.. :rotfl

Selina was a far better character than Bane in TDKR imo who was serviceable. For me the choice between the two, especially given all of the Bane figure's issues, is a no-brainer :)

I'll have to agree with you... Bane figure looks so bad :/
I'll go for selina. The figure is almost perfect, and will look amazing on the batpod :)

I'm not alone :hi5:
I feel the same way. Selina is a great part of tdkr, but i'm still considering buy it or not. Maybe I'll just go for bane with all his inaccurates parts

:exactly:
I was going to get Bane but the figure is not there yet. I hope HT can improve him somehow.

Selina by far is the figure to have if I had to pick just one and
I am more than secure enough to have her and Black Widow on my shelf.

Surely HT will fix Bane's body type if people are complaining about it. At least I hope they do :| Either way, I've got both Bane and Ms.Kyle on PO.

Back