1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if this has been asked before; is it possible to remove the blue band that goes across the front of the box? It would display even nicer without an unnecessarry sign that says Superman.

I took the band off mine as soon as I got it. It was stuck on with two little bits of sellotape that peeled off easily enough. A lot of HT boxes have nice artwork but this is the only that works well as a standalone display piece imo.

oEClEdm.jpg

3TDhJ22.jpg

Two of the greatest figs HT made in that era, and are both timeless grails. They look great together too.

Nice to see some new pictures of this. Still one of my favorite figures in my collection.

I’ve been trying to find a way to consolidate him with my BW Ghostbusters, BR Keaton Batman, OT Star Wars, QMx OS Star Trek and BttF Marty McFly to have them all in the same vicinity. All the stuff I grew up watching, essentially.

I decided to get this - my first superhero figure ever! - to go with my Storm Collectibles Muhammed Ali. Just need to get some gloves for Superman. Any QC issues to watch out for?

Well, yes. A few things actually but I don't want to alarm because they may not be all that common.

-The outfit is easily snagged and torn
-In the beginning I remember some people getting crooked or off-centre S shields
-S Shield peeling off
-neck plug breakage

I think that's it...

Well, yes. A few things actually but I don't want to alarm because they may not be all that common.

-In the beginning I remember some people getting crooked or off-centre S shields
-S Shield peeling off
-neck plug breakage

I think that's it...

Er... thanks. Wish I hadn't asked! Eh, it's only money.

I've bought it new from Timcent so if there's any problems I'm sure I'll be covered.

-S Shield peeling off
-neck plug breakage

I think that's it...

These are all I can think of as well.

Er... thanks. Wish I hadn't asked! Eh, it's only money.

I've bought it new from Timcent so if there's any problems I'm sure I'll be covered.

No need to fret. Out of those issues enumerated, the most pervasive one I'd say is the peeling S glyph. And even then, I've only heard of a few cases of that on here.

I've only heard of I think two cases of the neck plug breakage and if you don't plan on scratching your figure's outfit with your fingernails, then there's no need to worry about the easy snagging issue either.

You got a good figure with this. It still remains one of my favorite figures in my collection.

It's definitely a great figure, one of the few I'd never sell under any circumstances. Mine does have an issue with the neck and turned up that way. It just doesn't attach properly. Most of the time it's fine and you can't tell until you tilt it too much and his head falls off. :lol
Doesn't seem a common problem though so I'm sure yours will be fine.

I hope do a version in 1/4 scale some day.

Thanks for all the advice guys :duff

It's in the air now from HK... really looking forward to it.

I hope do a version in 1/4 scale some day.

Yeah, this would be the perfect year to announce it, seeing as its the 40th anniversary; however I haven't seen anything about the anniversary being celebrated. I was at least hoping for a book.

Back