1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

I just got him yesterday and all I can say is wow. This is such an awesome likeness all the way around. He looks absolutely awesome in the Detolf as well. Really draws the eye. Already becoming one of my favorites.

I've been thinking, what if I kitbash this figure to make a 1/6 animated Batman. The outfit is similar, I just need to dye the suit, mod the belt and boots. The only issue is the headsculpt. Hmm.

animated-batman_528_poster.jpg

I've been thinking, what if I kitbash this figure to make a 1/6 animated Batman. The outfit is similar, I just need to dye the suit, mod the belt and boots. The only issue is the headsculpt. Hmm.

animated-batman_528_poster.jpg

You'd be better off getting Tony Meis to make you a batman suit than trying to mod the Superman costume.
But if you are doing that, i'll take the head off your hands in return for sculpting you a head if you want.

You'd be better off getting Tony Meis to make you a batman suit than trying to mod the Superman costume.
But if you are doing that, i'll take the head off your hands in return for sculpting you a head if you want.

Thanks for the offer! To be honest, I think I can only undertake this project sometime next year. I was thinking of removing the emblem, dying the suit grey, and padding the body to get that stylized look. I'm open to options and suggestions so I'll update you when I decide to do it. :)

Thanks for the offer! To be honest, I think I can only undertake this project sometime next year. I was thinking of removing the emblem, dying the suit grey, and padding the body to get that stylized look. I'm open to options and suggestions so I'll update you when I decide to do it.

No worries. I can do a one off Batman sculpt over an existing HT head if you were interested in swapping the Reeve head for it.
As for the "padding".
Are you talking about this kind of thing?:

photo-1.jpg

photo2-2.jpg

photo1-2.jpg

IMG_1978.jpg

IMG_1947.jpg

IMG_1948.jpg

IMG_1950.jpg

IMG_1953.jpg

IMG_1934.jpg

IMG_1935.jpg

Well, when I looked at the animated Batman in 3D (Arkham City skin), I noticed that the waist down is pretty much a match with the HT Superman, so I'll only need to do minor padding to broaden the shoulders, biceps & chest and that's about it, nowhere near as extensive as those pics. I might get a spare Keaton cape for it too. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think minus the Headsculpt, the animated Batman doesn't seem like a tough kitbash. (I think).

Plus an animated Headsculpt (again, I think) seems like less of a challenge than doing a real person for a talented sculptor.

Those pics are based on Michael Turner's Superman/Batman art correct? Awesome lookin'!

No. You're right. An animated sculpt would not be too hard.

By the way is that your project? So cool! Maybe you try to kitbash the animated Batman too! :)

Batman+maquette+8.jpg

By the way is that your project? So cool! Maybe you try to kitbash the animated Batman too! :)

My project was a set of comic book muscle upgrades for a TTM18 body.
They'd be hidden under a bodysuit so you wouldn't see any seams.
It would work for a lot of characters. But that version was a bit too big.

Finally got to open this figure up and I am speechless. I hate myself for not grabbing it sooner (honestly I waited because there were so many available that I knew I would not miss out).

I am seriously considering picking up a second one to keep at my desk at work. I could stare at this figure all day.

Congrats man. I've said before in this thread, it really is one of the best figures hot toys has done. It's absolutely stunning to look at and never gets boring.

Finally got to open this figure up and I am speechless. I hate myself for not grabbing it sooner (honestly I waited because there were so many available that I knew I would not miss out).

I am seriously considering picking up a second one to keep at my desk at work. I could stare at this figure all day.

I know how you feel.
Keep an eye on the trade section here. I just picked up a third one loose from a seller here to keep on my desk at work.
They will never go wrong, especially if you get a good deal on a loose one.

Mine (b-day present) is held by customs since Friday. What with Xmas and all, by the time my bro faxes them the bill for them to calculate the duty and VAT, I'll be lucky if I get him this year at all... arrgh...not ten miles from my house...sigh.

Mine (b-day present) is held by customs since Friday. What with Xmas and all, by the time my bro faxes them the bill for them to calculate the duty and VAT, I'll be lucky if I get him this year at all... arrgh...not ten miles from my house...sigh.
You will get him eventually.
Don't panic.

wut

. . .

Very nice.
I like the idea of Superman with a black cape.
I have a custom with a Routh emblem and a DX12 cape.
The cape is long, but i like the idea of him just hovering and it not touching the ground.
And after them, some more pics of my newly aquired loose Reeve to go with the rest, lol.

IMG_2011.jpg

IMG_2012.jpg

IMG_2015.jpg

IMG_2018.jpg

IMG_2019.jpg

IMG_2020.jpg

IMG_2021.jpg

IMG_2023.jpg

IMG_2024.jpg

Those are soo cool Username!

Actually I was toying around with the BTAS idea we were talking about. Is it me, or does the Superman suit seems like the perfect suit for the animated Batman? That's what I'm gong for.

Those are soo cool Username!

Actually I was toying around with the BTAS idea we were talking about. Is it me, or does the Superman suit seems like the perfect suit for the animated Batman? That's what I'm gong for.

The problem is that the Superman suit has an attached cape and exposes his neck.
There's a suit on Ebay that goes all the way up the neck and zips up the back.
Please don't ruin a HT Superman suit by altering it for Batman...

The problem is that the Superman suit has an attached cape and exposes his neck.
There's a suit on Ebay that goes all the way up the neck and zips up the back.
Please don't ruin a HT Superman suit by altering it for Batman...

Do you mind suggesting some 1/6 skin tight suits then? Thanks!

Back