1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Keaton and Reeve will forever be superhero legends. I don't care what anyone says about those films, they set the standard which all superhero films will be measured against until the end of time in my opinion.

I have a chris reeve HT superman for sale if anyone is interested, $175.

Keaton and Reeve will forever be superhero legends. I don't care what anyone says about those films, they set the standard which all superhero films will be measured against until the end of time in my opinion.
Nicely put. :clap

HT Reeve & Keaton are the jewels in my collection. :cool:

Just received mine. Happy with the purchase especially at the price I paid for it.

attachment.php

EDIT: I'd just noticed that the boots are quite greasy. Is there a fix to this that won't damage them in the long run? Thx.

Last edited:

Live as one of them, Kal-El, to discover where your strength and your power are needed. Always hold in your heart the pride of your special heritage. They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

Great pics. I am astounded each and every time i walk past my Detolf and glance at my Reeve Superman figures. It's every bit the stern but benevolent gaze of Reeve as Superman.

Does anyone else have the same greasy boots problem?

Nope. What's the problem?

Well, mine are greasy and sticky. I had to put the figure back into its box because I don't want dust to get stuck on the boots. Would damp cloth damage them? I'm not quite sure what material Hot Toys used for the boots and I certainly don't want to take any risk. Any advice is appreciated.

Well, mine are greasy and sticky. I had to put the figure back into its box because I don't want dust to get stuck on the boots. Would damp cloth damage them? I'm not quite sure what material Hot Toys used for the boots and I certainly don't want to take any risk. Any advice is appreciated.

It may be mould release.
I trust the boots are not "tacky" themselves(Like if you touch them, the boots aren't melting? You don't have slimy red fingers after touching them?).
If not, it's maybe just mould release from the manufacturing.
What i would do is take a can of brake cleaner(NOT brake fluid...), and spray onto a cloth, then rub down the boots to get rid of the greasy residue.
Brake cleaner is a mild solvent and comes in aerosol form. I use it for degreasing, and to remove adhesive.
It evaporates at room temperature in less than twenty seconds leaving no residue, but to get rid of any grease, you'd have to rub the boots down with a cloth.

Try some hand soap (the kind that comes in the little pump bottles). If it's mold release, that'll get rid of it.

If it's the boots themselves dissolving, you're screwed. I have to say though, were the boots dissolving, others surely would have experienced this by now.

It may be mould release.
I trust the boots are not "tacky" themselves(Like if you touch them, the boots aren't melting? You don't have slimy red fingers after touching them?).
If not, it's maybe just mould release from the manufacturing.
What i would do is take a can of brake cleaner(NOT brake fluid...), and spray onto a cloth, then rub down the boots to get rid of the greasy residue.
Brake cleaner is a mild solvent and comes in aerosol form. I use it for degreasing, and to remove adhesive.
It evaporates at room temperature in less than twenty seconds leaving no residue, but to get rid of any grease, you'd have to rub the boots down with a cloth.

Try some hand soap (the kind that comes in the little pump bottles). If it's mold release, that'll get rid of it.

If it's the boots themselves dissolving, you're screwed. I have to say though, were the boots dissolving, others surely would have experienced this by now.

Thank you guys.

Based on Username's description, I reckon it is mould release.

Will try both options, one for each boot.

Again, thanks!

Well this sucks. I emailed SSC to find out if they anticipated any more EX figures to which they told me no. So I went ahead and purchased mine from BBTS two days ago. Now this.... :gah:

Oh well. I'll take what I can get.

Haha. That's brilliant.
Buy me superman toys, or I will wear this sweater outside...

Its a bird, its a sweater....its Superman!

My B-Day was yesterday and my gf and bro announced that I GOT SUPES!!! :rock

However, my bro says he's somewhere over Mongolia at the moment, according to tracking..:gah:

Faster than the speeding bullet my :sancho

Back