1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

If you enjoy super heroes and hot toys...how can this not be in your collection?

:lecture what he said. I still love this figure, it so iconic and simple. I'm not a hugh superman fan ether, I like him but this figure is so awesome he is in my top 5 hot toys.

I know, I know...

I keep putting this figure off for some reason and Superman has always been one of my favorite superheroes.

I got outbid on all the afore mentioned items, therefore I will be on the lookout for one of these. I think I can get a good deal on eBay.

Long live Chris Reeve! I'll never forget him as Superman as I saw the movie as a little boy. Then not long after came Raiders and Empire, what a time.[/QUOTE]

What a time indeed. 1977 to 1983 was a great time.

Those are some of the greatest figure photos I have seen. Incredible.

I know, I know...

I keep putting this figure off for some reason and Superman has always been one of my favorite superheroes.

I got outbid on all the afore mentioned items, therefore I will be on the lookout for one of these. I think I can get a good deal on eBay.

Keep an eye over in the commerce section too... I often see fellow Freaks selling Supes at crazy low prices!

Sallah

I've been working on a custom. Excuse the iPhone pics. Currently without a standalone camera.
I am trying to find a decent fabric dye in the sky blue i need for the Supes under shirt. Till then, this will have to do.
Here's what i have right now:

IMG_1077.jpg

IMG_1078.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

IMG_1083.jpg

The suit and the glasses look phenomenal...Great custom

I know, I know...

I did the same thing for a few months after release, I was like I really don't need that figure, I did'nt jump at it. Then one day I was on sideshow's website and took a look at the ex pics and was like I'm gunna get one. After receiving the figure I was blown away How much I loved this figure, so much so I got another just to keep in the box. That feeling fades sometimes with figures, your happy at first then after abit your kinda like meh, not with this guy I still love this piece:)

GET HIM:wink1:

Long live Chris Reeve! I'll never forget him as Superman as I saw the movie as a little boy. Then not long after came Raiders and Empire, what a time.

What a time indeed. 1977 to 1983 was a great time.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I was like 7 to 13 years old during that era.

I've been working on a custom. Excuse the iPhone pics. Currently without a standalone camera.
I am trying to find a decent fabric dye in the sky blue i need for the Supes under shirt. Till then, this will have to do.

IMG_1077.jpg

IMG_1078.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

IMG_1083.jpg

Awesome work! :clap

I already sent him a PM about possibly making an S.

Yeah thanks for your message and great job on your changing clark:)

Might take a couple as they look the part and want 1 for changing clark and one for sloth from the goonies:)

I have an outfit minus boots and belt, but did'nt want to waste the rest of it including the cape, by hiding it under a suit.

So I am keeping that back for an evil superman custom:)
Just need to get me one of eric sosa's smiling superman sculpts.

Found these
009.jpg

Great photos!! :horror :clap:goodpost:

IMG_1083.jpg

Nice work! :clap I did once trying to fit the whole figure (together with the suit & cape) into MIB suit, but I didn't come out appropriate. Any tips? :)

What suit are you guys using for the bash... the suits I have seem to be too tight for the figure, and because Im utting them over the Superman outfit its making it even tighter.... How are you guys getting around it?

What suit are you guys using for the bash... the suits I have seem to be too tight for the figure, and because Im utting them over the Superman outfit its making it even tighter.... How are you guys getting around it?

Great photos!! :horror :clap:goodpost:

Nice work! :clap I did once trying to fit the whole figure (together with the suit & cape) into MIB suit, but I didn't come out appropriate. Any tips? :)

Hey guys.
Sorry about the delay in this reply. I am now not getting any topic or PM notifications. I have to manually check threads.
Anyway.
How i get around the bulk issue(And to save a bit of cash), is to NOT have the Superman suit in there...
Seems like a bit of a waste of the suit to try and cram it under a business suit.
I have used a black suit i got on Ebay. See here.
Then i got a white tshirt. And dyed it sky blue using RIT dye.
And then i made myself an S-shield from vinyl.
Basically i printed out a template on paper and used it to cut out the s shape from red vinyl. The red cutout was placed over a piece of yellow vinyl and then they were cut out together. It is this i placed on the dyed t shirt.
Saves wasting a whole superman suit. And also saves on space under the business suit.
To further save, the body is one of those "$20 on Ebay" ones. You would NEVER be able to tell under that bulky suit.
$50 for the Reeve head, $20 for the body, and $39 for the suit. And the vinyl S i made myself.
It's not hard:

734D5DFF-C683-41EE-9BFE-6DA23511978F-34255-00001B63D31C560F_zps72255c61.jpg

E9E078F4-A9DA-472F-9C67-E503EE431893-34207-00001B59E16F8CC1_zpse8450e7e.jpg

24351825-A6B1-498F-9F86-9462F5395617-34207-00001B59DB65F16D_zps9d148646.jpg

5907333A-4385-4E48-8EFD-3E53074C335D-34207-00001B59D1C22012_zps59c8e248.jpg

Hey all, I've seen pictures of the Superman figure where it looks like the red underwear has been pushed down slightly so that it has more natural looking creases when it is posed. Does anyone know how to do this?

I've tried pushing gently on mine to see if I can lower then from the waist, but it seems to be pretty hard to move against the blue suit. I was hoping to push them down so they dont sit so high on the waist and look a bit more natural.....

Back