1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Bobby C's 1/6 Joker look's exactly like a scaled down version of his lifesize sculpt!:dunno No likeness was lost there ..so i happily disagree with you.:)

And you'd have a point, if only they looked like Ledger. :dunno

Guy's I can assure you that the final Superman release will have a sculpt as good as these recent 1:4th personal work by Arnie. 2/3 months back I asked Arnie on facebook chat wether he would be doing any changes to the sculpt due to the constant hammering on his FB page by photoshoppers. He said he is already working on it...

Now with the release of this 1:4th just today morning I noticed somtheing... Im putting up a screenshot just for you guys to check it out yourself
arniecomment.png

I trust the guy, I mean he knows his 1:4th is perfect, better than the 1:6th proto, and it doesnt really take a LOT of time for HT to make a sculpt from proto to final production if they really want to (eg. Movie Icon Series Bruce Lee which came 2/3 months after its proto was shown)

also for those interested, Arnie said he WILL make some new handmade Bruce Lee busts all at 1:4th or other scale EXCEPT 1:6th (which he said will ONLY be done by HT) limited number of 5 each, EtD , GoD and WoTD... also said he'll upload more info on them soon and each will cost approx $5000 :horror
I did ask him if the Reeve too could be for sale later, he said he'll think about it

So Im NOT the only one who thought his sculpt looked like a nice TDK based Joker BUT NOT Heath Ledger as Joker...

I trust the guy, I mean he knows his 1:4th is perfect, better than the 1:6th proto, and it doesnt really take a LOT of time for HT to make a sculpt from proto to final production if they really want to (eg. Movie Icon Series Bruce Lee which came 2/3 months after its proto was shown)

also for those interested, Arnie said he WILL make some new handmade Bruce Lee busts all at 1:4th or other scale EXCEPT 1:6th (which he said will ONLY be done by HT) limited number of 5 each, EtD , GoD and WoTD... also said he'll upload more info on them soon and each will cost approx $5000 :horror
I did ask him if the Reeve too could be for sale later, he said he'll think about it

$ 5,000 A Pop!
No Thanks! :eek:
Good Posting On Getting Us All This Info Though

So Im NOT the only one who thought his sculpt looked like a nice TDK based Joker BUT NOT Heath Ledger as Joker...

No, and I think you'd be surprised how many others feel the same, they just don't want to get attacked by poopball-chucking scrotemonkies. :lol

No, and I think you'd be surprised how many others feel the same, they just don't want to get attacked by poopball-chucking scrotemonkies. :lol

:lol actually I remember commenting on one Bobby C thread (The Bruce Lee 1:1 bust) I was as constructive as possible with my criticism, even gave detailed stuff because I saw some nasty things being told to other posters who differed with the status quo of the thread, however some of his fans still tend to take anything other than gushing praise as a personal affront.

:lol I was as constructive as possible with my criticism, even gave detailed stuff because I saw some nasty things being told to other posters who differed with the status quo of the thread, however some of his fans still tend to take anything other than gushing praise as a personal affront.

Where can I buy a set of those tinted glasses?

Where can I buy a set of those tinted glasses?

ENTERBAY OFFICAL[sic] STORE
Shop No.11B, Ground Floor, Yan On Building, No.1 Kwong Wa Street, Kowloon, Hong Kong
TEL: (+852)-23323615 FAX: (+852)-30070570

They hate that too. :lol

They hate that too. :lol

Status Quo is to hate them :wink1:

[In all seriousness I hope EB come back well which Im guessing they are with the new Leon release, the 1:6th figure market is being monopolised by HT. Which may not be a good thing as it reminds me of Microsoft in the late 90's early 2000's]

Wassup with the Batsuit Begins thread?

Apparently some fools were stirring ____ up and now it's been locked for a couple of days basically ruining it for everyone.

Same stuff was happening in that thread that happens in a lot of threads that nonetheless remain open. Buttmunch took exception to a bit of banter and closed the door on it. I personally thought locking it was OTT, but there y'go.

I posted the red underlined bit a page or two ago but I didn't have a screencap so you win this round Axe...but I'll be back sir, next time with a higher resolution screencap next time Arnie spills some beans! :lecture

Last edited:

It wasn't just that banter that got the thread close. He had pretty good reason to give that thread a break. Let's worry about Supes here though. :duff

I posted the red underlined bit a page or two ago but I didn't have a screencap so you win this round Axe...but I'll be back sir, next time with a higher resolution screencap next tome Arnie spills some beans! :lecture

Sorry Gip you mean this post of yours https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3764003&postcount=4357

I just did the screen cap because although some members love to nitpick on every detail, other than some, most dont like to read. You can get their attention ONLY with a picture... and thus my screen cap and post.

Picked up this damn habit on Orkut communities where 'owning' was rampant and the only thing people did the whole day was take screen caps etc etc as 'proof' of the 'pwning' in some ancient comment/battle thread lost in the annals of cyberspace

I think this should be cheaper than $209, maybe around $159, I man it's a great figure but lacking in acessories, should have come with Clark Kent clothes, glasses and maybe a copy of daily planet newspaper to justify the price(i still ordered it though). Now bring on Genereal Zod

Sorry Gip you mean this post of yours https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3764003&postcount=4357

I just did the screen cap because although some members love to nitpick on every detail, other than some, most dont like to read. You can get their attention ONLY with a picture... and thus my screen cap and post.

Haha I was just messing with ya man :1-1:

I'm just wacked out, been in my studio for hours going nuts :lol

But yea man after reading that post from Arnoe Kim, I felt more confident that the sculpt has probably been revisited to hopefully brig confidence to other ranting. I personally don't care as I've loved it from the get go and ordered the EX right when it went up for sale

I think this should be cheaper than $209, maybe around $159, I man it's a great figure but lacking in acessories, should have come with Clark Kent clothes, glasses and maybe a copy of daily planet newspaper to justify the price(i still ordered it though). Now bring on Genereal Zod

Built in donation to the Reeve Foundation as a condition of the likeness. Justifies the $209. Don't like the price and don't feel owning the figure is deserving of a donation, don't buy. It's literally that simple.

It's Reeve's Superman, true blue fans will find a way to buy it even if it costs a grand..maybe not but you buy no name Preds for so much more, why not a movie icon.

so you're saying it's not harder to sculpt something smaller than it is to sculpt it larger?

Yes,if you have the talent.

its great that the gentleman you mentioned can replicate his work. but He's not Arnie Kim is he?

I'm sure Arnie can, it might take him a few attempts to get there but from what i have seen of his work he's a very talented guy and i wouldn't put it past him!:dunno

Glad you agree with me, and i to some degree agree with your opinion on Bobby's sculpt ..it is probably one of the best 1/6 sculpts ever made in terms of realism but it always felt there was something off with it IMO.

:lol actually I remember commenting on one Bobby C thread (The Bruce Lee 1:1 bust) I was as constructive as possible with my criticism, even gave detailed stuff because I saw some nasty things being told to other posters who differed with the status quo of the thread, however some of his fans still tend to take anything other than gushing praise as a personal affront.

While some would say a fall into that category i know exactly what you speak of, i also remember Bobby himself saying something along the lines of " You can't sculpt so you can't criticize my work" ..i don't agree with this line of though, it's ridiculous to think that way!

It's Reeve's Superman, true blue fans will find a way to buy it even if it costs a grand..maybe not but you buy no name Preds for so much more, why not a movie icon.

Maybe they prefer 14," half naked, alien dolls in loincloths? :huh

Back