1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

During WWII German POWs faired better on a potatoes diet then Japanese POWs did with an all rice diet.

Keep it on topic. The discussion was about potatoes vs noodles. Unless you're talking about rice noodles.

Well it's a bust, and doesn't look 1/6, but I certainly hope so.

Edit: there is really no indication of scale, so I'm talking out of my @ss.

Arnie said on his FB page that it's 1/4 and a personal piece.

he also said:

Arnie Kim said:
please don't worry. Hottoy is Perfect!

Indeed. But there's something special about potatoes that I have a hard time putting my finger on. They are one of the earthiest foods we have, but they have an ethereal quality that contradicts that. They are a paradox. I love them.

Gnocchi. Potato pasta. Do eet!

I like the way this thread is going. :D

Potato soup = win!

:drool:drool:drool

What's great about potatoes and noodles is the variety of ways you can accomadate them. I'm pretty sure you could alternate potatoes and noodles every other day an eat a whole year without eating the same thing!

Clearly, you're much more limited with beans! :D

You can do a lot with beans, but you're right. Noodles are versatile. The only criticism I'd level is that shape is the main variation. Potatoes change radically according to how they're cooked.

During WWII German POWs faired better on a potatoes diet then Japanese POWs did with an all rice diet.

Taters = powah :rock

Keep it on topic. The discussion was about potatoes vs noodles. Unless you're talking about rice noodles.

Rice is an upgrade from flour, but still no potato.

Gnocchi. Potato pasta. Do eet!

Sheer brilliance. I love gnocchi, and it just goes to show that anything noodles can do, potatoes can do better. :lecture

Arnie said on his FB page that it's 1/4 and a personal piece.

Gotcha :duff

Well now that I've seen what he can do with Reeve, I have higher expectations for this figure's sculpt...

after reading the truth about that sculpt, i've never went from excited to disappointed so fast.

Look at it this way, It's clear he can sculpt a better reeve then the proto, what's stopping him from tweaking the 1/6 to look like his 1/4?:dunno

Look at it this way, It's clear he can sculpt a better reeve then the proto, what's stopping him from tweaking the 1/6 to look like his 1/4?:dunno

hopefully nothing is stopping him. if they can revise it with that sculpt or something in the same league as that sculpt, then i wouldn't mind waiting longer for the figure.

Actualy, i know the answer to that. look at how good the sculpts for harrison ford are were sculpted by Trever Grove. His BEST sculpt is the 1/4th. it seems that the same is here with Arnie Kim and Reeve.

Could it be... that it's easier... if the sculpt... is.... Bigger?

This bout of common sense brought to you by the potato.

Actualy, i know the answer to that. look at how good the sculpts for harrison ford are were sculpted by Trever Grove. His BEST sculpt is the 1/4th. it seems that the same is here with Arnie Kim and Reeve.

Could it be... that it's easier... if the sculpt... is.... Bigger?

This bout of common sense brought to you by the potato.

Bobby C's 1/6 Joker look's exactly like a scaled down version of his lifesize sculpt!:dunno No likeness was lost there ..so i happily disagree with you.:)

Bobby C's 1/6 Joker look's exactly like a scaled down version of his lifesize sculpt!:dunno No likeness was lost there ..so i happily disagree with you.:)

That's b/c (if memory serves me right) BobbyC digitally scanned the 1:1 and scaled it down in the computer and 3D printed it. So obviously no likeness will be lost going from that 1:1 to 1/6. The 1:1, 1:3 and 1/6 are all the same head just scaled down to the proper format.

That's b/c (if memory serves me right) BobbyC digitally scanned the 1:1 and scaled it down in the computer and 3D printed it. So obviously no likeness is lost going from that 1:1 to 1/6.

Arnie Kim no computer thingy?

Anybody got a direct link to the page where that sculpt was posted? Thanks.

Thank you sir. That seems simple enough, but I tried that and got a bunch of other Arnie Kims. They're all US pages, so maybe I have some filtering on I don't know about.

Thanks again.

Thank you sir. That seems simple enough, but I tried that and got a bunch of other Arnie Kims. They're all US pages, so maybe I have some filtering on I don't know about.

Thanks again.

Did you try the direct link?

so you're saying it's not harder to sculpt something smaller than it is to sculpt it larger?

its great that the gentleman you mentioned can replicate his work. but He's not Arnie Kim is he?

Back