1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

I'm pretty sure that's what he meant. I hope so. Could you guys imagine more issues happening with the DCD Batman!?! I'm still eager to see what this new body looks and feels like in person. I can't wait for the end of this month.

It looks same as always, only difference is the front of the shirt is now solid plastic instead of rubber.

solid plastic instead of rubber.

Yeah and that's got to look a bit different right? If not then I'm still excited to see what it's like without the tacky gloss abs.

Nope, both the rubber and plastic look the same to me, you have to touch the shirt to even know it's hard plastic.

Nope, both the rubber and plastic look the same to me, you have to touch the shirt to even know it's hard plastic.

Well that's good. I thought the look would be sacrificed by the functionality of the hard plastic or atleast appear to be different in terms of aesthetics and texture. I'm also curious where the plastic starts and ends. I really don't care if it limits the ab articulation as long as it matches the rest of the suit, doesn't look out of place and doesn't have secreting oils.

When is the DCD shipment supposed to arrive again? I have an order on dcbs and it's been nearly half a year already.

Well that's good. I thought the look would be sacrificed by the functionality of the hard plastic or atleast appear to be different in terms of aesthetics and texture. I'm also curious where the plastic starts and ends. I really don't care if it limits the ab articulation as long as it matches the rest of the suit, doesn't look out of place and doesn't have secreting oils.

The only difference I see is that it eliminates frontward ab articulation. It blends with the rubber parts of the pants and shirt around it flawlessly.

When is the DCD shipment supposed to arrive again? I have an order on dcbs and it's been nearly half a year already.

They will release it at the end of May. So its not too far now. Mine will arrive around middle of June if everything will go as planed.

I hear that DC Direct shippment had now oil leaks because they made the ab plates plastic now...

Just what I heard though...:dunno

Why couldn't they do that at the start?

The price you pay for getting things early I guess.

The price you pay for getting things early I guess.

The thing is though this isn't about being impatient. A lot of us had this paid for and started shipping then later small reports start coming through at the time about this problem. In between it got buried with the warped heads, chipping suit defects before the oil problem swamped everything. By then most of us were too late to cancel as they were already shipped.

The thing is though this isn't about being impatient. A lot of us had this paid for and started shipping then later small reports start coming through at the time about this problem. In between it got buried with the warped heads, chipping suit defects before the oil problem swamped everything. By then most of us were too late to cancel as they were already shipped.

Yeah, it has nothing to do with being impatient. Hell the collectors that bought the first overseas version had to wait a good bit to begin with. It's not like the figure went up for sale August of 2009.

What's with you...

What do you mean?

I'm agreeing with what you said. I don't think the people that bought the early version should be paying the price (literally and figuratively) for being "impatient". They had to wait months to receive their figure too.

There shouldn't be a trade off for any collector that paid for this thing, overseas or DCD. There shouldn't have been problems in the first place. It's bad business. It's good to see they're making good on the situation though, even if it's just them covering their butts in the long run.

Why couldn't they do that at the start?

Well, it does hinder the hip articulation some, so it was a good call to try rubber to begin with, but I'm guessing the rubber they used was a different mix or something than anything they've previously worked with and they found out with the rest of us that it resulted in problems. They fought to stick with rubber, some replacements went out with just a think plastic sheet between the shirt and pants thinking it was a chemical reaction of the two rubbers rubbing together and that failed, plastic seems their last resort, and probably a safe route to go, but their handling of screwing up with the use of the defective rubber is shameful.

They fought to stick with rubber, some replacements went out with just a think plastic sheet between the shirt and pants thinking it was a chemical reaction of the two rubbers rubbing together and that failed...

Yeah, either that or they wanted to dump the rest of their defective stock on consumers, knowing the plastic sheet wouldn't amount to much, since that was a sunken cost anyway. Frankly, I find that to be more likely (given their shady "One replacement only" policy)

I have had kitchen roll pressed against the oily part of the stomach for about 6 weeks. I removed it about 48 hours ago and it has not produced any oil yet. Taking into account that it would normaly take about 2 hours before oil appeared i'm happy.

One thing to note though is that from the abs down to the bottom of the piece it is now hard rubber. It is almost a solid piece now in that area. I hope this does not continue to harden with the potential to crack with movement.

When does this ship from Diamond (DC Direct)? I thought it was supposed to be May of 2010? We're running out of May.

When does this ship from Diamond (DC Direct)? I thought it was supposed to be May of 2010? We're running out of May.

The shipment is prolly on the water, coming our way (US Bound). DCBS said they expected delivery around May 26 last I heard.

Well my retailer told me that i get my Batman DX in about 2 weeks, can´t wait for him..., hope i will pick up a clean version, without the oily problem(s) :exactly:

Back