1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Looks good - I think you've made the shoulder armour too big though.

indeed, nice mods, only the shouler pads look to massive now on that mod.
Besides that, it looks wonderfull!

I just mailed hot hot toys with 5 emails and will resent the mails again so they will not overlook it :)
So this is my mail:

Hi Hot Toys,
(this is the complet mail, previous mail was incomplete)

First of all, WONDERFUL FIGURE!!! much more screen accurate than the previous one! But, there are just a few minor improvements that can be made:

1. the chest-area seen from side profile picture still sticks out a little bit to much. It is a vast improvement on the V1 version, but there is still room for improvement.
also the shape of the chest-area is a little bit off, but that is minor detail

2. there are to much wrinkles between his eyebrows...

3. the head is perfect sculpt but should be made a tiny bit wider as seen on the pic...

I attached 2 pictures.

Greetings from Belgium
Riko

and these are the 2 pics I added as attachement:
comparison3.jpg

CHEST.jpg

My Batman Manip Version.
batman-agenmanip.jpg

ManipVerHT.jpg

Last edited:

I definitely prefer the one on the right, good stuff man. hopefully this gives HT some ideas. They've been good at listening to us so far...

I like the figure. Adding interchangable mouth expressions with PERS sold me on the figure. I was going to pass due to TDK overkill syndrome but couldn't resist these new features.

I might buy one of the lighted DID cases I just read about for this guy. Absolutely awesome IMO.

all this attention to details and nobody mention about the pants?..god HT pants is awefull!..looks like a worn out tyre from an old corolla.if the edges are sharper it would make a huge improvements for the pants. medi delivered this embossed effect just fine.

also,the pants shud have the exact same material/finish as the chest kevlar pattern.
as can be seen from the photos of the real suit. the pattern even continues down to his kneepad.

as for the finishing of the kevlar itself, i would say that it is actually more like a transparent plastic rather than a textured surface or carbon fibers. so no amount of paint or stickers would make it look accurate and have the exact same reaction to lights as the real suit would(partly reflective while maintaining some visible textures in the INSIDE).

again Medi delivered this effect just fine,but not on their batman though.
check out their Masked Riders eyes. or Traffic lights! but instead of hard plastic,just use some transparent rubber.im sure this would greatly improve the accuracy of this figure.

another thing i would like to point out is the kevlar on his ribs should continue to his back,tho im not sure whether this is on the figure the same way.

and one of the BIGGEST thing that bugs me is his horns.i think it shud be a wee shorter. just compare the 'U' shape on top of his head with the real one and u'll see what i mean.

and again pls pls pls change the belt.

dkdx01.jpg

dkdx02.jpg

dkdx03.jpg

and me being neat picking on this figure is mainly because i just got it pre-ordered and this is indeed an MMS DX version of Dark Knight. not a V2 or some bs. so it has to be near perfect :D. - cheers!

Last edited:

indeed, nice mods, only the shouler pads look to massive now on that mod.
Besides that, it looks wonderfull!

I just mailed hot hot toys with 5 emails and will resent the mails again so they will not overlook it :)
So this is my mail:

Hi Hot Toys,
(this is the complet mail, previous mail was incomplete)

First of all, WONDERFUL FIGURE!!! much more screen accurate than the previous one! But, there are just a few minor improvements that can be made:

1. the chest-area seen from side profile picture still sticks out a little bit to much. It is a vast improvement on the V1 version, but there is still room for improvement.
also the shape of the chest-area is a little bit off, but that is minor detail

2. there are to much wrinkles between his eyebrows...

3. the head is perfect sculpt but should be made a tiny bit wider as seen on the pic...

I attached 2 pictures.

Greetings from Belgium
Riko

and these are the 2 pics I added as attachement:

Riko I updated your pic :

DXBatsycomparison4-2.jpg

someone needs to send hot toys this pic of the wrinkles in the cowl or at least post it on their facebook page as I am tired of bugging them. lol

Completely agree with Zotols, the detail on the pants / trousers is nowhere to be seen, it's like they spent all their time updating the top half, and completely neglected the bottom. It looks very inconsistent apart from being totally inaccurate.

You know a figure is good when people start breaking out the calipers to check for flaws.:lol

You know a figure is good when people start breaking out the calipers to check for flaws.:lol

Haha hell yea. I honestly cannot tell the inaccuracies of the suit compared to the movie by just looking at it. I am also not an uber Batman fanboy. I love Batman but apparently not enough to notice the differences the DX version looks pretty damn amazing to me.

yeah exactly. here we have an amazing figure and yet all you see when you check the thread is it getting picked apart :lol I think it looks great.

Won't picking apart figures always happen though!? :lol

But hey, if it works and some of the ideas get through to Hot Toys, who's to complain? It would result in a better figure i'm sure. I'm all for it, no matter how anal it seems :lol

Hmm, i think the manip is on the left - was that a typo? lol

yes, i like the shoulder pad adjustment and the color change...maybe the armor bits are a bit too bright maybe darken it a bit to be lighter than the one on the right but not as bright as the one on the left. also the belt color is much better, good work...

yes this is bringing out the calipers but its just trying to get them to perfect it while they can, and i doubt too many of the people offering suggestions aren't going to purchase this guy, there's just too many goodies to pass up.

Yeah, and when people spend ages to create comparison pics... and you can't tell the difference!

EDIT
BTW... I do appreciate how seriously some of you take it... but I do find it hard picking out what has been altered sometimes, and as for colour specs, its virtually impossible to tell how the final product will look based on a few photos... even if taken in a studio.

Well, some fundamental issues remain - it still looks bulky! and it's not so much the chest I think, it's his neck and forearms that need correction. Along with the head needing to be wider to be more accurate

someone needs to send hot toys this pic of the wrinkles in the cowl or at least post it on their facebook page as I am tired of bugging them. lol

dude, read the posts, I just send them the email with the wrinkles + picture of the wrinkles

Haha hell yea. I honestly cannot tell the inaccuracies of the suit compared to the movie by just looking at it. I am also not an uber Batman fanboy. I love Batman but apparently not enough to notice the differences the DX version looks pretty damn amazing to me.

Yep. I can't tell which is a pic of the actor or which is a toy in most of HT's product pics. I sure can't tell if the man boobs on his suit are at the wrong angle or not.:lol

I definitely want an accurate looking figure but I also want to enjoy this hobby and being too picky can ruin that.

Yep. I can't tell which is a pic of the actor or which is a toy in most of HT's product pics. I sure can't tell if the man boobs on his suit are at the wrong angle or not.:lol

I definitely want an accurate looking figure but I also want to enjoy this hobby and being too picky can ruin that.

That's right my friend. I love the DX like that but oh well who gives a ^^^^ about my opinion anyway. :lol

well, for some of us, having these weird pair of eyes is a cursed. we see everything differently everyday.
some ppl watch movies and see a hell load of rotoscopings and color gradings that went into the movie instead of the story alone.
some ppl listen to musics and hear how much different a microphone can make in a mix.

as for me,when i look at this figure, all i see is the potential for a perfect figure.
and i cant sit around and say how 'awesome' and how 'great' this figure is.
if one can't tell whats the diff between black and a 95% grey,then good for you.
i wish my life could be that simple.

like Shakey said, if all this sugestion gets through to HT, it will only contribute to having a beter figure. Good for HT, good for us.

* i just paid 50 dollars for this and i dont want an 'awesome' figure,gimme something that can grow hair on doc brown!!

Back