1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Nah, he's head wouldn't be tilted up any more than that.

112_0807_01z+batman_the_dark_knight_vehicles+bat_pod.jpg

batpod-1.jpg

Well, like I said, if it does flop down it would be easy to just stick something under the head peice to hold it back.

It's a silly debate though because the suit doesn't allow for a bat-pod pose anyway. But my point is it's not the magnet neck that is at fault.

I love the magnet neck. :)

That's fine and dandy and all that, with gumdrops even, but I'm talking about the HT Batpod, bubba.

That's a result of leaking. PM Vodoun and ask him how to fix the armor on the biceps to prevent further damage.

I've done as you have suggested and PM voudun... so the damege may aggravate?

Oh no...

I've done as you have suggested and PM voudun... so the damege may aggravate?

Oh no...

From what Vodoun says, he was able to stop further damage in the bicep area. While you're waiting for his response, I'd give the figure a thorough once-over and make sure you don't see any more "sheen" or oil on the figure.

ah ok...
damn it was MISB so i tought that it will not have any problem... in any case it's not very noticeable, so preventing further damage it's fine

sorry, i've forgotten to attach a picture of the defect...
it's on the rear right biceps
here it is
dscf5992n.jpg

anyone knows a way to fix it?
Mi seller told me to try to use a decal softener, anyone ave tried it?

Thanks

This happened to mine but you wont be able to have it looking 100% mint but it will be a lot better than this. As once this oil starts to ooze on the bicep plates and continues for weeks it softens the decal, then starts to stretch it over a long process of days/weeks. So even if you dry it you're left with a somewhat hard bubbled decal.

First get some Microsol and a fine soft model paint brush. Model shops normally stock Microsol.

https://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=138231

It may take a few attempts to soften the decal back to the surface without any marks. You might not get it to perfection like when it first came out of the factory but it wont be sticking out like a sore thumb like it is at the moment.

Keep brushing it on until it softens. Once the bubble is close to flat let it dry as the Microsol shrinks the decal. As I said it may take several tries since the decals Hot Toys use are quite thick. Whatever you do don't rush it. It takes a good bit of patience.

Once thats all complete follow this then cut some fine soft tissue and sit them in below the shoulders where the plastic normally touches the grid like decal. Fold the cuttings so they are thick enough to absorb any leaking below the curved plastic shoulder pads.
The oil will never saturate the tissue but it never ends well if you don't put in preventive measures. Wish I knew that the first time but I shouldn't have to do it.

That was how my first version went when I put it back in the box and left it.
dscf9518t.jpg

dscf9538l.jpg

dscf9540.jpg

There was still a slight mark after I repaired it but I never went any further with it to get it flat, as I wanted them replaced when Hot Toys was allowing replacements. All the biceps were oozing terribly as well as the abdominal plates. I couldn't tolerate it anymore.

After all that, check it weekly and gently dry any parts that are exposed with a soft damp lint free cloth. Never allow the oil to build up or you'll always be repairing the decals. The figure has poor articulation anyway since I never pose it.

How is Batman flying without his cape spread? :huh

P1140406.jpg

wayyyyy better then before voudum!Your it returned almost pristine! So its fixable. I will follow your suggestion. Only a question, microsol is a Decla softner' So any decal softner should work? I have to apply it on the "whole" decal, or only in the "bubble"? Better to wait some days, as my retailer as suggested, or sooner is better?

I'm only aware of one but you should stick with Microsol. It's the best recommended by model makers. It's what I use for my diecast/decal work.

Only apply it to the damaged part. Don't soak the whole decal. You don't want to loosen what's not damaged.

Is the DX02 suit a lot better than the MMS71 suit? Or is it the internal body that makes the difference?

Hey what type of batteries are used by the sonar device. I know they are called cell button batteries, but they are so tiny they are actually smaller than your standard watch cell battery. Anybody know a particular brand product. Thanks in advance.

^^I'd like to know that as well. I went to look for some replacement batteries and couldn't find any that match the ones in the solar head

I haven't had to change mine yet, but stupid question . . . they don't put a model number on the battery itself?

thank you voudum. So i have to apply it only on the "bubbles". According to my seller, it was the hot that the packages suffers during the trip to Italy to cause the oil leaking and the damage. He suggested me to wait 40 days before trying to repair it. What do you think voudum? It's better to wait or i can proceeded right now? What's your experience?

Thank you

thank you voudum. So i have to apply it only on the "bubbles". According to my seller, it was the hot that the packages suffers during the trip to Italy to cause the oil leaking and the damage. He suggested me to wait 40 days before trying to repair it. What do you think voudum? It's better to wait or i can proceeded right now? What's your experience?

Thank you

I think he's bull____ting you. In 40 days (well outside of the PayPal liability/refund window, FYI) it's only gonna be worse.

Got him this morning

photo0002bt.jpg

Back