1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Agreed. I think the eyes are one of the most important features of any Hot Toys figure.

Yup, I'm looking for attention...on a discussion board where grown men collect dolls.

Really, I just like Hot Toys, and have always felt this way about the DX Batman and thought a few people would agree with me and even possibly have some info/guesses about future models of Batman figs that are certain to be released in the future.

That's fine. But the fact that any opposing opinions on this board are met with swift and angry rebuttal without so much a moment of thoughtful discussion says a lot. You can call me a troll if you want, but that's a bit tricky seeing as I've got, like, 12 posts. Anyway, carry on. I actually am very impressed by the DX Batman, simply had some issues with the eyes, thought I'd find a few voices of reason to discuss it with. I was mistaken.

hey man sorry for any misunderstanding. Like some have said, we've had some major trolls here and I tried one time to keep things passive and it just exploded in my face so now I just go straight for the kill so to speak.

you can ask most, I'm a pretty nice guy so I really apologize for just ganging up on you. Just seemed like those ppl who get an account to get on ppls nerves about these things. I think Mag and Haytil hit the nail on the head as to why I or anyone else met your comments with straight anger.

So again I apologize and welcome to the boards bud. :duff :1-1:

I will say that in some of the pictures both the DX Joker and DX Batman seem to have large eyes. However, that being said you can't really judge something based on the picture, you really have to see it first hand. In person the eyes don't seem that big at all the reason I modded the eyes on my DX Batman wasn't because I thought they were too big. It's because Bale squints through 9/10ths of the film (when dressed as Batman). Just my two cents. :)

well if this is all sold out and hard to find like the TDK OC and there is no new Batman from the third installation then I can assure you that if you (sorry I) don't have it yet and I really love this franchise like haytil I would easily spend $350+. I almost spend that much on a loose TDK OC for the same reason. But even then for OC you will have plenty of ppl still not willing to pay more than the regular HT price of $150-170.
Finally my advise..... wait for the third installation if you don;t think it's worth the current streetprice as I am sure Nolan will have a new batsuit out or add enough accessoried that HT will be able to spin out another enhanced version. But as mentioned if you have the cash don't hesitate if you find it at streetvalue (as long as its mint form DCD batch) as you will always be able to sell it and even if you loose a little consider it as rent for the the figure for the next 2yrs.
thanks, great advice. i found one for 270 shipped. im happy. i really wanted it. although, that is alot...

HT must have sold tons of these and right out of the gate it was almost $200 thought many got lucky and found them for significantly cheaper I think all the way down to $120 through gohasting when they were clearing it.
Considering how many are out there and its been out for >1yr you could get lucky to get one here opened for around $200 so better keep an eye in the FS section. But honestly by now whoever has not sold will likely not sell unless they are shifting their collection focus as this is a grailpiece for many of us and it is almost the best out there. If you want something even better you will have to check the Medi+DX thread where custom hybrids are pushing the boundries... in fact I remember someone selling his amazing hybrid but it ain't an HT original which has its own worth.... now I think Gipetto was the seller?

hey man sorry for any misunderstanding. Like some have said, we've had some major trolls here and I tried one time to keep things passive and it just exploded in my face so now I just go straight for the kill so to speak.

you can ask most, I'm a pretty nice guy so I really apologize for just ganging up on you. Just seemed like those ppl who get an account to get on ppls nerves about these things. I think Mag and Haytil hit the nail on the head as to why I or anyone else met your comments with straight anger.

So again I apologize and welcome to the boards bud. :duff :1-1:

No worries. All's well that ends well. :duff

Dang, you know action figures - and Hot Toys in particular - are looking seriously good when I have to look at a picture of a magazine cover and do a double-take to see whether it's the real deal or a 12" dolly.

Well guys here is a pic of my DX, not really a camera person so I'm not used to them.

SANY0124.jpg

What do you guys think??

i've recently got one "used" and the joint of the right elbow is too loose.. this is something natural because of the rubber suit?
thanks!

i've recently got one "used" and the joint of the right elbow is too loose.. this is something natural because of the rubber suit?
thanks!

No, it could mean that the elbow joint is broken. There are ways to vix it, but you would need to remove the rubber suit to do it.

thanks!

The elbows are weak, and it varies from figure to figure. And the rubber suit doesn't help.

MonkeyRobotMaster tightened his elbows with nail polish I think. I would like him to describe that a bit further as I would like to do it before I do the bicep mod.

The elbows are weak, and it varies from figure to figure. And the rubber suit doesn't help.

MonkeyRobotMaster tightened his elbows with nail polish I think. I would like him to describe that a bit further as I would like to do it before I do the bicep mod.

You'll need some clear nail polish, and then you'll have to remove the rubber shirt. Once the rubber shirt is removed take the nail polish and apply a small amount to the front or inside of the elbow. Work the nail polish into the elbow by bending it back and forth and blow on it as you do, and that's it. I know it may sound a little kinky, but it works and is really easy to do.

When you say "remove" the rubber suit, you just mean pull up the sleeves right?

I've been able to look at the elbows by pulling up the sleeves. I wouldn't have a clue how to get the suit off without destroying it. And besides I have his pants glued to the shirt.... come to think of it he comes with the shirt glued to the pants (mine just came apart).

Cool, if you can get to the elbow without taking the suit off that's great. It'll make things a hell of a lot easier, good luck! :)

To get the shirt off you'll have to cut through one of the armpits of the DX chest piece, take that off through the small slit you made, and then take off the shirt.

I don't think you want to do that Mag, even if it is easily put back and glued.

Back