1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

thanks to every one - Maglor, Geil, Darthcipan
worked really hard for this thing! cannot tell you how long i searched and searched AND SEARCHED ebay for a good deal!
edit: and the work too of course, ALOT of hard work had to earn this thing i just HAD to!

Well done mate, you will love it.

To be honest, if it's as simple as just washing the armour, for the price, HT can make a new piece, wash it, send it to me for free, and i'll change it. Not stuffing around with that for what i paid. Principles here people, principles :p

Well done mate, you will love it.

To be honest, if it's as simple as just washing the armour, for the price, HT can make a new piece, wash it, send it to me for free, and i'll change it. Not stuffing around with that for what i paid. Principles here people, principles :p

I couldn't agree more. Anyway washing it will not solve the problem, the oil comes from the material itself, it isn't just on the surface.
:rolleyes:

Sorry if pic is too big. First pic post. Also! it's a crappy phone pic...if you hadn't noticed :D

I've put kitchen towel over my leaky lower abs.

Last edited:

Strangely enough that pic never bothered me, since it's only 372KB. Unlike some people's xxxx x xxxx 2 - 4MB pics.

I decided to mod up the v1 neck, well not mod add to the skin neck which is a cover as the exposed join was bugging me. It's a bit darker than the grey-ish suit since it's fabric but it'll do.

dscf8889.jpg

dscf8883.jpg
dscf8886y.jpg

dscf8881l.jpg
dscf8882d.jpg

dscf8877.jpg
dscf8879.jpg

Hey Vodoun, could you tell us how you did this.it really looks cool,nice job.

I used a piece of black leatherette cutting full length of the Wayne neck piece so it doesn't slip down once in place. Reversed it so it looks like the kevlar fabric material from the base of the suit and carefully traced the fine rubber parts from the shape of the v1 neck and glued it on. The whole thing is a sleeve.

If I made it thicker the neck would have looked ridiculously chunky so I left it quite thin.

dscf8892.jpg

I used a piece of black leatherette cutting full length of the Wayne neck piece so it doesn't slip down once in place. Reversed it so it looks like the kevlar fabric material from the base of the suit and carefully traced the fine rubber parts from the shape of the v1 neck and glued it on. The whole thing is a sleeve.

Nice work!

Last edited:

So why does the figure leak? I mean whats making the figure leak oil ive been hearing that it leaks somtimes.

I hope this is fixed by the time BigBadToystore gets these in stock. The 3rd Batch is supposed to be good right?

So why does the figure leak? I mean whats making the figure leak oil ive been hearing that it leaks somtimes.

The problem is, no one knows, and Hot Toys doesn't seem to be making an effort to figure out.

The problem is, no one knows, and Hot Toys doesn't seem to be making an effort to figure out.

Considering these type of replies are coming up on their facebook page.

Josh Linklater the only reason that the PERS is breaking is because people are too rough on it, or dont know how to use it properly, and the batman oil issue isnt a huge deal, just live with it, it eventually goes away/dries out.

Thankfully this then comes up.

Nikolas Robson @Josh, maybe your happy to pay for defective products mate, i got plenty of money to spend on collectibles, and i still expect to get the quality i pay for.....not half ass jobs.... or problematic products that companies like HT wont take responsibility for....Its pathetic that my Batman is leaking more than a running toilet....

I really don't understand how a leaking figure is a live with it thing, it's not like things where say the lips on Sideshow Ep3 Anakin came out more darkly painted than they should have. A leaking figure is a defect, a problem, that shouldn't just be shoulder shrugged at, certainly not when it occurs in or just out of the box. If this was a year from now, ok, you're pretty SOL so it's live with it or don't, not much to do at that point, but this thing is still in production, time to be dealt with. Whether I could easily buy this figure or not, monetarily, I'd still consider it an unaccpetable defect.

Nice neck mod vodoun, looks good mate.
Yeah the leakyness is a SOB problem, just to have them say to live with it, is purely unacceptable. It's like saying you SHOULD go take your batman off the shelf everyday and wet the armour in the sink, then dry it. You wouldn't and don't because it's not right, or good for the figure

If I made it thicker the neck would have looked ridiculously chunky so I left it quite thin.

dscf8892.jpg

Thanks for sharing Vodoun, really good mod.

I really don't understand how a leaking figure is a live with it thing, it's not like things where say the lips on Sideshow Ep3 Anakin came out more darkly painted than they should have. A leaking figure is a defect, a problem, that shouldn't just be shoulder shrugged at, certainly not when it occurs in or just out of the box. If this was a year from now, ok, you're pretty SOL so it's live with it or don't, not much to do at that point, but this thing is still in production, time to be dealt with. Whether I could easily buy this figure or not, monetarily, I'd still consider it an unaccpetable defect.

Yeah, I agree. this is not a bad stylistic flourish, it's a manufacturing fault. Hot Toys have messed up something while producing their product and now they won't own up to it. As for the third batch being ok, well thats anyones guess, but it seems the vast majority of figures out there right now, have this problem. And Hot Toys seem incapable of resolving the issue. After the disaster of Batch 1, we thought they would fix the problems. My advice. do not pre-order. Wait, and at the same time give Hot Toys the message that this is not good enough.

I really wanted this figure, but if it has all the problems that I keep reading, I believe I'm going to have to pass. Like the Aliens, I expect them to be mint at purchase and last; not fall apart right out of the box or already have issues.

Last edited:

After reading all these problems and what more, i live in singapore... its an easy pass. gonna get dx03 mj!

Last edited:

Hey guys got my tracking # on my DX batman should be here sometime next week! i'm a happy little child!

Hey guys got my tracking # on my DX batman should be here sometime next week! i'm a happy little child!

Heres hoping you dont have a oil problem... Thats why I waited for Dc Direct shippment on these... Im hoping aganist hope that Hottoys will have worked out the problem buy then...

Back