1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

do you think DX Bats will fit on your bat-pods?

do you think DX Bats will fit on your bat-pods?

yeah he may actually fit better than the other one, but the only thing is the pack that came with the batpod to hold the cape up will not fit on the new one since the armor is now changed so hopefully hot toys will have some sort of trade in for a new wire cape and pack to go underneath the cape.

I'm not sure this figure will be able to ride the pod, or look good at least. Without knowing how it's assembled, there's no telling if the arms can be posed the right way, the head looks to be tighter to the neck at the back so the head probably doesn't tilt back like the first figure.

And as far as HT offering up alternate cape attachments for the new armor, won't happen, there's a figure made to ride the pod out on the market and they'll stand by that, this figure is intended to just be a great looking Batman from TDK.

However, maybe Wookster can find out, certainly HT should state, if this figure can be utilized with the pod so folks will know or not, but then if it can't they might lose sales so they may let people guess and buy it then find out if it doesn't.

I was just curious,I personally don't own one,but I hope for those who do that "the glove fits".

i actually have a bat pod but one of my DX batmans will be standing on it and will be posed with one hand to the side of his cowl like he is talking to Lucius

Thread is rated DELICIOUS!

just curious,The next DX may or may not be TDK related,but what do you think will be the next DX,also,why do people think Gordon is such a farfetched idea?I think he has tons of potential for a figure,and with scenes which featured so many different outfits like the SWAT and his commissioner/lieutenant(original outfit),not to mention he has a gun the whole time,and the SWAT scene even had a shotgun.

Cake, yummy! Hopefully HT will make it edible :lol

just curious,The next DX may or may not be TDK related,but what do you think will be the next DX,also,why do people think Gordon is such a farfetched idea?I think he has tons of potential for a figure,and with scenes which featured so many different outfits like the SWAT and his commissioner/lieutenant(original outfit),not to mention he has a gun the whole time,and the SWAT scene even had a shotgun.

I honestly believe this is the last of TDK and can say that with a 100% certainty and if not that I guess I will eat my own words. Everyone would love a hot toys gordon and a DX would be awesome but there are liscencing rights with gary oldman which is forbidding hot toys to take on his portrayal of Gordon which is why it wont get made.

oh,thanks for clearing that up for me then.One could hope,though,and who knows,maybe when(if) the next batman comes out,they'll be able to.

just curious,The next DX may or may not be TDK related,but what do you think will be the next DX,also,why do people think Gordon is such a farfetched idea?

It's been explained in a few threads I think by now, but there's a few issues because of having to get permission for the Gary Oldman-Gordon likeness and also the chances of it selling out off the shelves, which is something HT may not want to risk money in losing should they be wrong. Although I'd like think it may have sold a bit better than the Harvey Dent/Two-Face, simply because they're are plenty more Gary Oldman fans and in general Gordon seems to be a very well-liked comic book movie and comic book character.

I share your frustration about Gordon. I'm sure he would be a character Hot Toys would do if not for the added difficulties (or Oldmans outright refusal?) in relation to his likeness. And Hot Toys wouldn't release a ''Gordon'' with generic headsculpt because they probably think his outfits and accessories wouldn't have a broad enough appeal if the likeness wasn't there - I'm sure they'd be right too. Annoyingly to me, having a Harvey Dent figure seems kind of pointless without Gordon since he, Gordon and Batman formed the triumvirate of goodguys in the film. Plain ol' Harvey Dent, great figure though he is seems like a spare thumb in my TDK collection without Gordon or emm..rachel dawes.

aw,well,as tye stones say"you can't always get what you want."

Its because Gordon's likeness rights were seperate from TDK license so they would need to go through Oldman and buy his rights. So he would be even more expensive than a standard TDK figure. Plus HT has already said they aren't doing one.

i wish they woudl go back to the hand size of the batman begins figure the arms on him were perfect proportion

I don't have the first version, but I'm getting this.
To me the first one is a great figure and certainly not inferior to the Dx Batman unlike the V1 Joker (which I own :monkey2 ) is to the Dx Joker.
I think if you have a Medicom or a Hot Toys Dark Knight , you should be happy. You can always have this too with the Cape Backpack and the Sonar eyes displayed next to it. Plus this has no Bruce Head sculpt. Looks to me like we all win, whatever version we have.

precisely my point, man.

btw, i like gordon as a character. but as a figure, visually he's just not very interesting. aside from the gary oldman-in-specs-and-mustache likeness, he'd just be a man doll. but gimme a figure of alfred ANYTIME! always wanted an old english butler in 1/6 scale. the ultimate grail! heh heh.

(i kid).

Back