1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Hows yours doing, OMG?

Any peeling etc?

I'm not OMG, but I've had mine for a few days now with zero issues. The sonar head is not warped, and no peeling issues on the body. It was perfect out of the box.

I'm not OMG, but I've had mine for a few days now with zero issues. The sonar head is not warped, and no peeling issues on the body. It was perfect out of the box.

How much handling have you done? Just wondering - try pressing on the suit really hard (do a stress test). Just curious being that the paint seems to be something of a sensitive issue.

How much handling have you done? Just wondering - try pressing on the suit really hard (do a stress test). Just curious being that the paint seems to be something of a sensitive issue.

I highly doubt he's going to want to press really hard on a collectable figure....

I just sat on it for 10 minutes straight and none of the paint peeled off on my butt.

:duh

:rolleyes:

On a more serious note, I did spend a few minutes twisting the pants around because the knee pads weren't lined up over the knees with no ill effects.

OTOH,

If someone sits there & goofs around really hard on the suit, for whatever reason, they deserve to have the paint peel off, for God's sake.

On a more serious note, I did spend a few minutes twisting the pants around because the knee pads weren't lined up over the knees with no ill effects.

OTOH,

If someone sits there & goofs around really hard on the suit, for whatever reason, they deserve to have the paint peel off, for God's sake.

Not really, I think that the paint should be able to withstand some bit of punishment - not massive force and wrangling but at least a little bit of handling.

And yes, I get how it sounded - hahaha, but still - mess around with it a bit just so you know the paint is on there well. A collectible figure shouldn't negate the fact that the materials should still hang in there as good as a Hasbro or Mattel piece of crap - if not better.

And to the guy who lives in 'Frisco - it's not as bad as the Republic of Davis up north a bit - I live near there in Sacramento.

what type of currency do they use? :confused:

This kind:

12818187.jpg

And to the guy who lives in 'Frisco - it's not as bad as the Republic of Davis up north a bit - I live near there in Sacramento.

:lol:lol:lol

lol @ "try pressing the body really hard"
what's next? Try peeling a little paint off with your nails?

XD

Hi Dudes!! :D

I Received yesterday my DX Batman, purchased on Ebay 2 weeks ago..

Well first of all, I have to apologize for some critics I made during these days because Batman DX is AWESOME in person and all pics shown can not do him justice.

I have been playing with him many hours so I I think my Batman DX has passed the Valvoliner test :wacky:

1/About the controversial issues:

-Paint : Mine is 100% fine, not black dots or scratches on the head and not armor peeling (I've even been scratching with my nails and pressing firmly the paint from the back of the figure and not peeling issues :horror)...I.think that the paint peeling problem could be derived from humidity in the "independent democratic republic in the country of Hong Kong" or something... but not sure ???:confused:

-Asymmetry:
Have checked the heads and they are 100% symmetrical

2/ Articulation:
This is very important for me and I have been trying some cool poses and this is what I and this is what I found.

Shoulders:
Much better than I expected (because I have never seen a single pic with the shoulders upwards or forward..well, I can move the shoulders forward about 70 degrees, not bad besides the shoulders joints are kind of racheted (or whatever).
I would like to mention that the shoulder pads are movable and have an elastic strap

Elbows: The problem here is the thick rubber suit.. you can move about 100-110 degrees...not more,but could be better

Hips: We have 2 problems here: Rubber suit and lack of stiffness (hips are hard but not enough), this is a bad combination, so crouching, ducking,bended knee poses (or whatever ) are very difficult to reach

Knees; Very good range of motion,but once again the thick rubber suit and the lack of stiffness are our enemies..I think is about 110 degrees.

3/ Goodies and accesories:

Not bad,but personally I think it could have been much better adding a new bale/ Wayne headsculp instead the sonar head and/ or Tuxedo suit for custom Bruce Wayne (like cop version on Joker Dx)

The sticky bomb gun is pretty nice and the way is attached in to the belt is amazing too

I love this new magnetic system for heads and the face interchange method is interesting. The PERS is nice but could have been better on an alleged Wayne headsculp.

4/ Things I do not like:

-The neck posts :I think that is too long and thin...:sick definitely very improvable.
-The cape: too thick and rigid
-Joker DX offers much more ....Where the hell is Bruce Wayne!!! :confused: :banghead
-The lifelike batarangs are.. kinda ratty?

5/ Things I do like

- Batman overall apperance
- the shape of the legs looks much better in person
- The sticky bomb gun..yup I like it :rotfl
- 2 utility belts :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Thought it was time for some more pics - This figure is a million times better than the V1. I love it even with the crappy cape attatchments :D
01.jpg

011.jpg

0111.jpg

01111.jpg

011111.jpg

0111111.jpg

may sound stupid, but underneath the heads in the packaging, above the backpack, what is that? the cape?

its funny, with all the improvements made to this fig...i wonder why HT still insists on using those crummy capes.

maybe the factory has too much of that fabric and they just wanna use it all up.

may sound stupid, but underneath the heads in the packaging, above the backpack, what is that? the cape?

No, it's the neck-post for the PERS headsculpt and the rod for moving the PERS system.

Sorry i guess im the only one who love the version 1 better:gun i hate the head sculpt and the creepy eyes on the dx look nothing like bale eyes look like a guy we dont know in a batman costume:lolSorry but im gonna stick with my version one paint peeling free:chew

Back