1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

I completely understand people being upset that a $200 figure has these kinds of problems, but seriously, the type of comments being posted on FB are just unreal. You'd think Hot Toys killed six of their friends.

Six?
tdk_2015.jpg

Had to be done sorry! :lol

I completely understand people being upset that a $200 figure has these kinds of problems, but seriously, the type of comments being posted on FB are just unreal. You'd think Hot Toys killed six of their friends.

Very true. It is ridiculous.

Thats why I rarely ever complain. Do I like spending hundreds of dollars on an action figure and it turn out being defective? No. I have enough stress with work, bills, etc, etc to take my levels to a nervous breakdown.

What some of you need to do is find a good retailer (Sideshow, Toys2) and rest assured that your problems will be handled. I would sell my entire collection in a heartbeat .............. they're just toys.

It reminds me of the Rambo PF thread when that item debuted, people were tossing around comments like Sideshow had dealt them some great insult or killed their dog or something.

I really hope that it's simply the freedom of the internet to go on a rant and be anonymous that these people get this way over things and that they're not as worked up as they seem.

The internet, one small step for the every day man, one giant leap for every whining, complaining SOB on the planet :lol

I really hope that it's simply the freedom of the internet to go on a rant and be anonymous that these people get this way over things and that they're not as worked up as they seem.

The internet, one small step for the every day man, one giant leap for every whining, complaining SOB on the planet :lol

You do realize sadly that the majority of people think free speech is say whatever the heck they want but not with responsibility?

You do realize sadly that the majority of people think free speech is say whatever the heck they want but not with responsibility?

Of course, but the internet just makes it worse because someone in California can say something to someone in Japan and there's little consequence for it versus pre-internet times when it was easier to hold people accountable for their words and actions.

Of course, but the internet just makes it worse because someone in California can say something to someone in Japan and there's little consequence for it versus pre-internet times when it was easier to hold people accountable for their words and actions.

:rolleyes:
heh...

"someone":lol

I guess we see why Sideshow has no Facebook page. . .

wow, guess I'm not that much of a facebook dork . . .

I have to wonder, seeing as how the paint peeling off is apparently just exposing the shinier black underneath...would some matte varnish do the same thing as what they've applied to the suit? So long as you don't do any extreme posing with it or, like me, you pose it once and leave it forever, I would think it would be a suitable alternative if the peeling was only in a couple spots.

Have there been any actual reported instances yet of peeling on a figure that was initially received in good condition? Or have there just been instances of people opening their figure to find it already peeling?
If so that may be good news for those who already have the suit in good condition.

I think a lot of it is happening straight out of the box, or directly after it's taken out. At least, that's what it's seemed like.

Even if yours seems ok now, I think it might be safer to just initiate a replacement process once HT makes announcements and all.

HT figures have flaked before well after initial receipt, ALIENS warrior. If any of the figures flake, I would imagine it has to do with the paint and the surface it's going onto and a bad combination that doesn't allow strong adhering and eventually could flake.

I would assume, with the mass hysteria over this that HT's facing, they're going to be damn sure the other batches are as reliable in this regard as possible, so you're safest chance of not having your figure ever start flaking would be the replacement one that comes eventually.

Hottoys staff are now saying things like "You should not touch the rubber part of the body when posting it, then it will be find" or "This is just a toy, don't be too serious about it" to their HK customers and I was like WTF?? They now also refuse people to get a 2nd replacement or after 14 days after purchase even if it's defected

Plus there's a long history of Hottoys staffs tread their HK customers like dirts (this is something you guys didnt know), their staffs are so rude that I cant tell you in words, so I understand why people are so angry on their facebook.

Hottoys dont really care the HK market since it's so small, but you guys shouldnt worry coz they do care about the oversea market.

Don't touch the rubber parts when posing it, how can you do that, use The Force to make the body inside move itself :lol

I find it surprising to hear they don't care much about the HK market though, I've heard they care more about their local market.

I do agree on my visit the Toys Hunter staff I talked to and asked about TDK was certainly not the friendliest staffer but that kinda applies to a lot of stores in HK :(
When I have issues I never disrespect ppl but usually try to be nice even if I am boiling inside cause the harder I push the more likely they push back and nothing gets accmplished. Many times when I am being friendly and reasonable (and treat them like a person) I tend to get taken care of even more. I only get serious when I see no return of me being nice to them and even then I try to be respectful as this is a two way street.
No matter what I think ppl are pushing too hard for what they believe they need to see on FB and ignore the very basic fact that no response is due to ppl being off. Also a response serves little purpose now that things already have gotten out of hand on FB. Staff in the store certainly may have contributed to the dissatisfaction of the customers but I am sure their are ppl working hard at hand to actually look for a solution which will simply take time to surface (FB or TH staff simply one of them). I am sure the wrong perception of flaws being few resulted in replacements going out but now obviously anything they had on hand is possibly riddled with the same problem. HT did make the statement of the "next" batch being improved and if I were HT I would shut up until I have actually proven internally that the next batch is indeed the solution before I make any further wrong announcements or moves. It's sad but I suspect the FB page will be taken down eventually when things calm down

I posted a comment on HT's facebook page in an effort to quell some of the vulgarity and anger that is going on there. I am concerned as everyone else is but I don't think that it should deteriorate into some of the insults that some people have made on the facebook page. I understand that the internet is a source of "anything goes" behavior but I think that making some of the statements that people have made will quicken HT's resolution of the defects and flaws. I just want to make sure that when I get mine that it will be free of the major defects - I think that's all anyone would want for this product. I do believe that HT SHOULD have a better response than what they have done so far; so far it seems generic and in some instances a little dismissive of people's concerns and complaints.

They won't pull the FB page, it's a bad move on their part if they do, then it makes them look like they're running away or can't take criticism and that'll anger people to the point of actually ceasing to buy products, let alone ????? about them.

Not saying the lack of tact being posted there is right, but the general reason for it all is right, and HT just needs to cowboy up and take it, they're being called out for a mistake, they should just face the screw up and resolve it, which is what I expect they'll do.

Back