1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Its thinner then the V1 TDK Batman,and rivials even the DX in thickness..where are you getting this FATMAN crap talk from?, do you own the figure?.

Yes Valfar I had four of those that I sold and recycled the $$$ to buy a little price DX :cool:

So I had the figure and I did not like the bulk and the Cowl (comparing it to the DK 2008 movie OC)

DSC00277.jpg

even with the flash on the figure looks unreal.
I cant wait to start filming him with some awsome light!
Bad ass Figure !

DSC00277.jpg

even with the flash on the figure looks unreal.
I cant wait to start filming him with some awsome light!
Bad ass Figure !

I think with the flash the figure has too much blue. It is not screen accurate and reminds me of this:

review_dk2_3.jpg

pic from mwctoys.com

Yes Valfar I had four of those that I sold and recycled the $$$ to buy a little price DX :cool:

So I had the figure and I did not like the bulk and the Cowl (comparing it to the DK 2008 movie OC)

its cool if you didnt like the figure just dont inflict your negative opinions on those of us who do like it. anyway the OC bats was released over a year ago and 99% agree its damn near perfect - why attack it now?

OC batman is still the and once i get some more money I may buy another one.

true, original costume batman is definately the best one, but it's not 350$ good.. so I'll have to pass since I wasn't in this collecting thing when it was first announced.. :(

I'm not sure why I never picked an original costume up. I think its because I had a Takara bats. :dunno
I regret not getting one anyway.

Even in TDK when you see Batman in the OC Suit jumping of the parking level to crash Scarecrow that profile shot made him look real bulky so I think the OC figure is accurate but I do prefer the new TDK suit :D
Also in the movie they do really portrait him being "stiff" (at least in TDK) in the parking lot whereas ones he had the new suit on he was flying!!!
I honestly do not remember him being that stiff in BB so I think Nolan decided to add that little detail to upsale the new suit

Oh when I first went to Toy Hunters last year (2008 for us in NA) I did see the TDK OC and maybe I was not into the movie or the hobby but it really did not impress on me but the TDK new suit did but they were only on preorder and not available for purchase. If I only started the hobby a year earlier I would have picked up the OC for sure but oh well it certainly is not getting >$300 from me

The only stiffness I noticed in his movement in TDK was at the neck, and it was that way in Begins too. When he's throwing punches into the thugs after he first appears he looks as mobil as when he takes on Ra's gang of thugs before the train fight.

While the Joker scenes have more character power, I really enjoy the scenes when Batman takes on a whole group of guys, Ra's men, Lau's men, Scarecrow's goons, the Swat team, I really enjoy that he's like an unstoppable force plowing through them all.

I almost want to believe that I remember him swinging his shoulder around to block hits and not swing his arm like a normal person would .. but liek I said now in retrospect I have the impression of stiffness but would have to rewatch the movie again to be certain about it of cause :p..

I love the chosen fighting style in Nolan's films, there's something very cinematic to the movements, where the other Batman films were almost like a street braul in hand combat, nothing overly interesting or unique to watch.

dont forget though....takara's still better...:rolleyes::lol

So good I couldn't even keep it in my house anymore :lol It's not a terrible figure, it can have value in a Batman collection, but serving as a figure to represent the screen appearance, it's just not there.

oh btw I am thinking of picking up 1-2 generic SWAT figures to pose with Sonar Batman. I guess Hot toys is good for that too or any other recommendations? I assume it be easier and cheaper than trying kitbash Joker's crew

Oh I saw this at Toys2 yesterday :D. He's prices are Just on the border cause ones I grab the eBay pricing and add S/H it be just below Toys2 pricing and then I still have to take a chance on brokerage/duty/custom
but at least this one ain't gonna sell out so I can hold it back until I get the DX02 and some Dio going

What's with all this DX Original costume talk for and bulkiness that most are riding on...

Wookster said on the Mediworld forums during the summer that Hot Toys wont be revisiting it.

Why is it when wookster posts other stuff/new news/dates/close info and such etc everyone takes his word but when he said Hot Toys wont be revisiting it too many wont believe him. Is this the trend? when a figure is new it's praised to no end but when it's 6 months to 1 year old it's nothing but inferior. Weirdness to be honest.

Back