Mezco One:12 Collective Ghostbusters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hmmm..Gotta say, I'm not blown away. Their Star Trek figures look WAYYYY better. This is actually good for me. Saves me some money. I had been worried these would be must haves. The Uniforms look too big and the sculpts are just...well, they're slightly better than Matty and Diamond but not enough to upgrade for me. Maybe more pics will do it but right now, pass.

Flight suits look a bit Mego-y in the fit. But it's the first promo pic, so who knows.

I'm thinking maybe I will just get a Venkman from every company rather than going completist on any one. That could make for in interesting display.

I mentioned in the DC thread that Mezco is running into a pretty big hurdle with trying to do non-spandex fabric at this scale IMO. But then I remembered some of the stuff 3A has done. . .and I can't help but feel Mezco is cheaping out here. These flight suits are a far cry from this:

https://forum.rebelscum.com/photoga...2-scale-boba-fett-prototype-close-up/cat/3481

Maybe that's the best you can do at this price point, but these are far from a high end item, based on what I'm seeing here. Again, nice for what they are, but they feel one step away from MEGOs with the thick, flat looking suits. Maybe these will look better in other angles and lighting.

Dude, you know what? 3A figures with way more intricate clothing are a LOT cheaper than what Mezco is doing. Hell, there was one dude who actually replicated that Boba Fett figure BY HAND and it came out actually a bit better than 3A's.... It just looks like Mezco stopped trying.

This aren't bad at all, I hadn't seen this, they could use paint and wheathering in the clothing for realism and they'd be perfect.

Even though I agree that those GB flight suits dont look that great, that Boba Fett isn't a good example. They made a very small number (around 5 if I'm not mistaken) of that Boba Fett figure to convince the licensing people to let 3A do Star Wars.

The regular 3A stuff in that scale cost about 35 bucks and come with zero accessories... I have faith that they'll refine the outfits before production.

They only made a small number because they had no deal with Lucasarts at the moment, they were going to show them to them to get the licence, 3A is one of the few companies that their protos are exactly the same as their production pieces.

Not totally blown away here, but these are certainly more affordable for me than the Blitzway ones. I'm definitely watching these guys.

You know, it occurs to me that in this scale it's really very hard to capture likenesses. Maybe that's why I have no problem with most of their other figures? They're more generic interpretations? If they had gone with the comic IDW Ghostbusters or even the Real Ghostbusters, I think they would've really been able to shine. Maybe I can hope for exclusives? :pray:

Was looking forward to these as well, but man... Blitzway has been really kicking ass.

Not even talking about the 1/6, that smaller line looks phenomenal... will have to get those instead of the Mezco's.

I just saw the BW 1/12.

Yeah Mezco has nothing to worry about.

Btw I just saw a video and Red Skull/Joker looked great, they had me hating on them based on the promos, but the promos don't even begin to do them justice, I'm guessing the same will be with these ones.

I just saw the BW 1/12.

Yeah Mezco has nothing to worry about.

Btw I just saw a video and Red Skull/Joker looked great, they had me hating on them based on the promos, but the promos don't even begin to do them justice, I'm guessing the same will be with these ones.

I hope you're right. :)

GB1.jpg

GB2.jpg

GB3.jpg

GB4.jpg

GB5.jpg

More pics here: https://news.toyark.com/2016/07/20/...llective-ghostbusters-star-trek-others-211920

The sculpt likenesses are surprisingly on-point, but the paint apps and frankly baffling choices for their boiler suits and harnesses are not doing anything for me.

Why are the straps all hard plastic? Why are their coveralls so clean and uncreased?

Back