Medicom Batman Begins -pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The articulation is light years beyond DCs. My kneeling pic shows about the lengths he can go in that direction. There's a publicity still where Batman is crouching and I tried to replicate that and couldn't come close. The shoulder armor keeps him from raising his arms above his head, but he can raise them to shoulder level, unlike the DC one. And the head is the best - I tried to show it, but he can look up and down very dramatically. The more I play with him the more I like him (but also the more I wish he were bigger).

Thanks for the pics.

I just got an email that mine is en route and I can't wait to get it.

The Medicom blows away the DCD one in my opinion. The DC one is very disproportioned with certain body parts.I for one like the huge cape. Looks supercool draped on the ground when he's standing.

What accessories does he come with other than the batarangs?

I was hoping he'd have the bombs and cell phone like the Japanese Microman version does. Is there a wire in the cape like that version?

I also just got my e-mail. Mine should be arriving in a couple of days.

I also just recieved my new Batmobile tumbler RC from Tyco 1/6 scale.

I'll post some pictures of both displayed together after I set them up.

BATMAN
3c_1.JPG

How well does that RC Batmobile control?

I saw one on ebay a while back (I wish I could find a link) where some guy tricked one out and added better headlights and a faster engine into it.

It was awesome but if I remember correctly he wanted close to a grand for it.

I got the Tumbler on e-bay for $45.99 plus $16.00 shipping. Still haven't opened it. Anyway I just plan to display it rather than race it.

No wire in the cape. 2 different size batarangs, a stand and an extra hand set - that's it for accessories.

Darklord Dave said:
No wire in the cape. 2 different size batarangs, a stand and an extra hand set - that's it for accessories.

Ugh,well that sucks!

For $200 you'd think they could at least make his utility belt movie accurate and have his cell phone and bombs on it.:rolleyes:

If Takara can make a $20 Microman version and include those (not to mention you can even hang them on the back of his belt) than there's no excuse IMO for Medicom not to.

Oh well, I still can't wait for it to get here...

I'd like to know what you two think of him when you get him.
I'm still waiting for Takara to show theirs, at this point I think we may never see it. So it looks like I'll have to get the Medicom version.
The RC Tumbler looks okay, I wish the cockpit opened and the front wheels worked. Right now, the best version of the tumbler to be made is the 1:18 scale version from Hot Wheels. I like the vehicle so much, I now want to get the camouflage version. :banghead

screamingmetal said:
I'd like to know what you two think of him when you get him.
I'm still waiting for Takara to show theirs, at this point I think we may never see it. So it looks like I'll have to get the Medicom version.
The RC Tumbler looks okay, I wish the cockpit opened and the front wheels worked. Right now, the best version of the tumbler to be made is the 1:18 scale version from Hot Wheels. I like the vehicle so much, I now want to get the camouflage version. :banghead

I'll be sure to also post some pics once it gets here.

I also agree totally about the 1:18 Hot Wheels version of the Batmobile.

It's super heavy and nicely detailed. Too bad the thing was impossible to find in the stores. I had to get mine off ebay but I'll get the camo version eventually.

The belt is far more movie accurate than the DC one and the radio is sculpted onto the belt, which is fine with me.

I have the Hot Wheels 1:18, but isn't it a tad undersized? The Tumbler looks huge, but the 1:18 isn't even as long as the Batman movie Batmobile.

I have the Takara on order as well, but I'm not holding my breath. Makes little sense for both them and Medicom to have the exact same license.

I think the Tim Burton Batmobile is way longer than the tumbler.

I think the tumbler is just wider and more square shaped.

I don't own the Hot Wheels 89' Batmobile so I could be wrong...

I believe The Tumbler is fairly petite by Batmobile standards. I don't believe the Hot Wheels version or even the Tyco 1/6th is that far off. When I saw the original stills I thought it was going to be huge like a Humvee. But when you see it in the film it has rather Jeep like proprtions, length and width wise.

Go on Dave, just get the Tyco Tumbler to go with your Medicom Batman. I think it will be perfect. I picked one up on clearance and it's pretty neat except for the cockpit not opening. But Bat's will look dynamite posed in front of it.

The '89 Batmobile is definitely longer then the Tumbler. I've seen the '89 in person, it's very squat and low to the ground and also not very wide if I remember right. The Tumbler isn't that much bigger then a large sedan. I've got the '89 Batmobile from Hot Wheels and they look to be about the right scale to me.

Back