Mattel's new prototype HE-MAN figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, if they just make the midpoint of his eyebrows angle back down so his eyebrows make a V type shape, the look would be perfect for intensity, but the way the just shoot out at an angle right now creates a very ood look, but his actual eyes really look like the picture of the vintage figure posted earlier.

Mattel pissed me off. I loved the 2002 series by the Four Horseman but Mattel flooded the market with He-mans and Skeletors and the line quickly died so the Four Horseman took the license to Neca to produce statues. What is Mattel thinking when they will just kill another line by overproducing He-Mans and the other characters will be short-packed.

Well said. :clap

I agree 10000%!!

Neca already had the license though to do MOTU staues and busts. The stactions are just the 4H's way of working around the license agreement.

The Four Horsemen have already said on their website that Mattel has absolutely no intrest in any more MOTU toys. :(

That Classic He-man was just a custom figure that the 4H did for themselves with the slight hope that Mattel might be interested. Mattel rejected the idea. The Horseman had planned on putting it on display in their booth at SDCC but once Mattel saw it they asked if the Horsemen would mind if they could put it with the "classic" MOTU display at the Mattel booth. Unless the MOTU film gets green-lighted there won't be any new toys any day soon.

The staction line though is still going strong and will continue through Neca.

Yea, looks like a custom build from one of the Mattel Batman or Supman figures.

The Four Horsen, who made this figure, are the sculpters behind the DC line so the bodies should look alike. This figure though is all original on a custom body.

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with He-Man license, but does Mattel have exclusive rights to the figures or could the 4H guys go to Hasbro or someone else?

I'm not familiar with He-Man license, but does Mattel have exclusive rights to the figures or could the 4H guys go to Hasbro or someone else?

Mattel owns the rights. :(

They just license it out to NECA to make the stactions, busts, and statues. Mattel won't give them the toy license. In fact, MOTU is actually one of NECA's worst selling lines.

Well, I hope whatever is needed is done so we can get some cool vintage like He-Man figures. I'd drop a few dollars on them.

Mattel owns the rights. :(

They just license it out to NECA to make the stactions, busts, and statues. Mattel won't give them the toy license. In fact, MOTU is actually one of NECA's worst selling lines.

And for some random reason when BCI approached Mattel to see if they could include vintage MOTU toy commercials in their fantastic DVD season sets they were denied. :monkey2

There's no telling what Mattel's rhyme or reason is for some of the decisions they make.

Well where the fok were you in 2001-2003? They already did these.

I'm talking about this.
Proto_He-Man4.jpg

I didn't feel like Mattel was raping my childhood because they at least had the sensibility to reissue the vintage figures in the original cards in a commemorative series. I have them all.

I didn't feel like Mattel was raping my childhood because they at least had the sensibility to reissue the vintage figures in the original cards in a commemorative series. I have them all.

Yeah, I have a few of those too. I was pretty happy when Mattel released those.

I didn't much care for the updated He-Man figures from a few years ago. They were made well, but a bit too lean looking and didn't quite have the same feel. Although I do still have the He-Man and Skeletor figures and some of them (like Trapjaw) were great I just wasn't too excited about the whole line. Also the cartoon was real weak IMO.

I do like this however, and I'd be plunk down for some of these if it ever happened.

Back