Mattel's new prototype HE-MAN figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't noticed this posted anywhere. Apparently it was debuted at SDCC this year but Mattel declined to state their plans for it at the panel. Maybe they're jumping on the Star Wars VOTC, GI Joe 25th bandwagon and are going to release the classic characters with new sculpts. Thoughts?

Proto_He-Man1.jpg

Proto_He-Man4.jpg

Proto_He-Man5.jpg

https://www.he-man.org/

I like it! A much better update than the silly surfer dude look from 2002.

Last edited:
Well shoot. I did some further checking and it looks like it was an *unsolicited* custom sculpt done by Four Horsemen and presented to Mattel as an offer to produce a new line of figures. Mattel liked it and put it in their display case at SDCC and Wizard World Chicago to gauge fan interest but don't have any official plans at this time. I wonder if the upcoming movie will give this the greenlight.

I like it...and I hope they do go through with a new line! Especially since this line looks more liek the originals!
Most companies are learning that peopel liek nostalgia!
He doesn't look like he is squinting though....he looks Asian in this scult!

I saw it and liked it a lot myself. I'd like to see it made just for no other reason than I love He-Man. I took a pic of the Mattel display when I was at the con because you don't get a chance to see all those He-Man figures together at once.

IMG_2539.jpg

I'd be all for a modern made line based on classic designs, like the Joes and SW VOTC line, it would work well. Classic designs with modern technology makes for great figures.

I wouldn't be interested in collecting the whole line if it got the greenlight, but I can see myself picking up a few of these figures.

I'd love to see Skeletor, Evil Lynn and Merman updated:D

Nice,He looks much more like the original he-man than the one in the serie from 2002..

I haven't noticed this posted anywhere. Apparently it was debuted at SDCC this year but Mattel declined to state their plans for it at the panel. Maybe they're jumping on the Star Wars VOTC, GI Joe 25th bandwagon and are going to release the classic characters with new sculpts. Thoughts?

Proto_He-Man1.jpg

Proto_He-Man4.jpg

Proto_He-Man5.jpg

https://www.he-man.org/

I like it! A much better update than the silly surfer dude look from 2002.

:drool:drool:drool:drool

Yea, looks like a custom build from one of the Mattel Batman or Supman figures. Would rock if these are made and come out.

Vintage style GIJoe, check
Vintage style Transformers, check
Vintage style Star Wars, check
Vintage style He-Man, maybe
Vintage style Thunder Cats, if He-Man gets made, these guys are a must.

Think we will ever see vintage reissue Power Rangers????? :rotfl

Yea, looks like a custom build from one of the Mattel Batman or Supman figures. Would rock if these are made and come out.

Vintage style GIJoe, check
Vintage style Transformers, check
Vintage style Star Wars, check
Vintage style He-Man, maybe
Vintage style Thunder Cats, if He-Man gets made, these guys are a must.

Think we will ever see vintage reissue Power Rangers????? :rotfl

I'm all for Thundercats as well. Anyboy else rembmer another fairly big cartoon from the Thundercats/He-Man era, Silverhawks? I loved that show, cool looking villain in it, Monstar.

I'd at least get He-Man if they did this line. I watched Silverhawks. Pretty cool to me back then.

And a modern Thundercats would :rock

Vintage GI Joe and Star Wars - $10
Vintage He-Man and Thundercats - $12
Vintage Transformers - $50

Having modern toy makers deliver kickass renditions of your childhood favorites - PRICELESS

:)

That He Man is sick looking... much preferred to the previous re-release.

Its cool that it keeps the original aesthetic, yet gives it a bit of a modern twist.

Look on that board to the right of He-Man...
It has a whole slew of other figures that could be made....I wish someone took a picture of that! Is it just an picture of the old figures or of possible new incarnations?
You can see He-Man, teela, Stratos and Skeletor....and then two other guys arms...or maybe that top one is Man-At-Arms (Duncan's) Mace! Duncan was always my favorite!!!

Proto_He-Man4.jpg

what would this go for ? price ?

tbh Im not a great lover of He-man / this piece or non movie related or non 12 inch 1:6 scale figures for that matter so im unsure what a reasonable price would be for this ?

He - man movie related then your looking at Dolph if memory serves and if memory serves . . the movie was awful ?

So id probably not bother for that reason either (then again Ive been told fantastic 4 was crap on these boards and I own a few few of them) so I cant really criticise

Just wondered what it would cost ? (gets back to topic)

Last edited:
Since these were always 6" figures....I would say these would cost around $7.99 each....But will some added hype and inflation....Perhaps, $9.99 ea.

Mattel pissed me off. I loved the 2002 series by the Four Horseman but Mattel flooded the market with He-mans and Skeletors and the line quickly died so the Four Horseman took the license to Neca to produce statues. What is Mattel thinking when they will just kill another line by overproducing He-Mans and the other characters will be short-packed.

Back