Mattel's new prototype HE-MAN figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mattel pissed me off. I loved the 2002 series by the Four Horseman but Mattel flooded the market with He-mans and Skeletors and the line quickly died so the Four Horseman took the license to Neca to produce statues. What is Mattel thinking when they will just kill another line by overproducing He-Mans and the other characters will be short-packed.

Mattel have faced similar complaints with the Superman and Batman figures in their DCSH/DC Universe line, the main hero figures are overpacked and as a result the villains are increasingly difficult to find unless you turn to online retailers.

They have said they're going to address this issue in 2008 though because they're aware of the problem collectors are having.

They may do the same with a Heman line.

I would love a VOTC styled He-Man line with real cloth but still the same sculpting styling and look of the older figures.

It will probably never happen though because when a new film comes out it will most definitely have its own take on the Hero of Eternia and those will be the figures that will be released...

I bought all the re-issues from a few years back and they are fine with me!
They were the ONLY re-issues that were the exact same figures and cardbacks simply rereleased with a commemorative outer packaging! Awesome!
skeletor.jpg

motu.jpg

Thanks for putting those pics up, I just got double nostalgia, because I remember the first time those figures were released and then remember seeing the rereleases about five years ago at a Comic Convention I went to.

Fantastic!

I really want a Skeletor now, an updated version but with a classic feel and they should make a Hordak to go with him.

I know Hordak was from She Ra but who cares?

My favorite MOTU as a kid was Webstor...I dont know why, but I use to find the figure beautiful..lolll...And all of the Evil Horde of course,as toys, were Bad ass.

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2sweet!!!!!!!!! thanks for the pics!!!

No problem! :D

He-Man was my total fave. If Mattell makes these vintage figures next year I will be so all over it. Seeing the old figures at the Con this year made me a little misty eyed because looking at them made me realize how many my grandmother bought me. How that relationship was forged on some silly cartoon character. :)

I don't know why, but I was always attached to Orko, and in Thurdercats it was Snarf, I guess being a little boy, I was attached to the small sidekicks cuz they were like me or something.

Eyes are fine and look very much like the classic figures, the eyebrows have a bit of a Vulcan thing goin on though, those need to be fixed.

Eyes are fine and look very much like the classic figures, the eyebrows have a bit of a Vulcan thing goin on though, those need to be fixed.

Exactly!! It's supposed to look like the old vintage figures which have that strong stern look.

Back