Marvel's Antman and the Wasp: Quantumania

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really dug the reveal that MODOK
Spoiler Spoiler:

Antman from Ant-Man 1 was ROTS ObiWan, MODOK was Anakin post ROTS and Kang was the Emperor.
Totally agreed, that payoff for that character was much greater in this one than his first appearance. What's his name's performance was perfectly over the top for this character, a really nice counterbalance to cool as a cat Kang.

Totally agreed, that payoff for that character was much greater in this one than his first appearance.
I was ready to hate the blown up clean cgi face but it actually added to the deformity.

I get it that Victor wanted this…

0F603CC5-38EF-4B45-805D-458986B8B2CC.jpeg

But I was totally fine with what we got.

I was ready to hate the blown up clean cgi face but it actually added to the deformity.

I get it that Victor wanted this…

View attachment 625163

But I was totally fine with what we got.
Maybe a more "realistic" looking MODOK would have been better and maybe it wouldn't have been. But what we got was incredibly memorable in a good way and this is coming from someone who's always liked the character and was mad that he was going to be "wasted" in a non-Captain America movie.

But for whatever reason he just clicked with me and I laughed at all the zaniness and silly jokes.

Spoiler Spoiler:

LOL. I'm not surprised he rubbed some people the wrong way but I thought he was freaking hilarious. :lol

Yes we definitely have a lot of overlapping tastes but I wouldn't expect you to share my excitement over this movie. If AWOW did nothing for you then you'd probably outright hate this one. ;)

I would argue that expectations have lowered but not tastes. I certainly wasn't sitting in the theater desperate for this to be good or exciting. In fact I was quite bored 30 minutes in and started thinking "damn AWOW is still showing two auditoriums down, why aren't I just watching that again." Same with TGM which is back in theaters due to the Oscar nom. But then the movie really started clicking and things that I thought were being thrown at the audience as empty spectacle (various alien characters and what have you) started to have huge payoffs by the end.

I'm not sure where I'd rank AM3 in Phase 1-3 but it is definitely worthy to be included IMO. Even if it's exactly in the middle of the pack of the first 23 movies that still puts it smack dab in the middle of some terrifically entertaining company.

And yes I did enjoy NWH, even a second time when I recently watched the EE but I suspect that AM3 will have much greater rewatch value going forward.
I would still say that Goblin accomplished way more with killing May than Kang accomplished BUT the 3rd act of AntMan blew away the 3rd act of NWH.

Hank Pym (Lando) had a legit
Spoiler Spoiler:

Therefore I agree AM > NWH!

I would still say that Goblin accomplished way more with killing May than Kang accomplished BUT the 3rd act of AntMan blew away the 3rd act of NWH.
Yep I agree.
Hank Pym (Lando) had a legit
Spoiler Spoiler:
Hell yeah he did and it was totally valid and earned as well. I noticed

Spoiler Spoiler:

And I'm still cracking up at the dying an Avenger bit
Spoiler Spoiler:

Therefore I agree AM > NWH!
Seriously who the hell would have thought that after Wakanda Forever and the horrible critic RT scores, lol. :thud:

just finished it.

I hated it.

Thought Kang was average, MODOK was the worst looking and dumbest of all marvel characters.

Boring CGI fest

Blah

Phase 4 and 5 so far SUCKS

I see a lot of peeps here liked Kang.

I thought he was a waste in this.

So if the Ant Man team can beat him, I’m still supposed to find him intimidating??

I hated that first end credit scene with all the Kangs.. just looked stupid.

I see a lot of peeps here liked Kang.

I thought he was a waste in this.

So if the Ant Man team can beat him,
Well yeah with
Spoiler Spoiler:

I’m still supposed to find him intimidating??

Well I think the idea is that you're supposed to find an army of infinite Kangs intimidating.

I hated that first end credit scene with all the Kangs.. just looked stupid.
Well there's that too, lol.

Well yeah with
Spoiler Spoiler:
But he still gets beat… Twice if I count the first time he got stuck there.

Reminds me of when Rey beat Kylo in TFA. Sort of ruined him as a threat after that.

But he still gets beat… Twice if I count the first time he got stuck there.

Reminds me of when Rey beat Kylo in TFA. Sort of ruined him as a threat after that.
Loki was beaten by Thor alone in his first movie, and we still accepted him as the threat the whole Avengers needed to come together and stop next time he showed up.

:lol Not rude, we all have different tastes. I love alot, if not most, of Khev's movie choices.

Just sayin'... I feel like tastes have lowered substantially post-EG... in a desperate attempt to "be excited" at the movies again. I don't see the worthiness in many of these raved about movies lately.

The only ones I truly liked were Afterlife and Maverick (I know, not MCU). Not one Marvel production have I felt was a worthy successor to the Phase 1-3 masterpiece that was "The MCU" in the 20-teens.
Afterlife?? That surprises me.

IMO AM3 is better than Thor L&T and Black Widow. Which r MCU bottom of the barrel. It’s a step above those as there were some moments that I at least liked. But I just found it so boring.

Back