Marvel's Antman and the Wasp: Quantumania

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok here goes:

I appreciate and respect Victor’s knowledge BUT…

HE WAS 101% WRONG ABOUT KANG!

He is judging him on a horrendous 2 minute post credits scene bit of what was poorly delivered dialogue.

Victor is being disingenuous by resorting to using low hanging fruit and maybe this speaks to the bigger problem of people using bootleg footage completely out of context and with no emotional attachment to the plot to base their final opinions on.

In the movie he is absolutely amazing!

Anyways..

The movie was a super fun rollercoaster I find these characters to be very endearing and JUST LIKE AVATAR it is another FAMILY movie!

I love it that the main baddie involved with the multiverse timeline started out in a movie as far away from the multiverse as possible the complete opposite of it actually.

One scene made this movie worth the trip to the movies and it single handily owns anything post EG including NWH and it’s this:

Don’t read it if you haven’t gone yet, don’t ruin it for yourselves it’s worth the wait..

Spoiler Spoiler:

MODOK nowhere as bad as he was made out to be.

At first I also was also taken back by
Spoiler Spoiler:

FUN rollercoaster yeah that sounds about right.
you know you got something out of MODOK's
Spoiler Spoiler:

Ya know, after watching this yesterday (and almost considering waiting for Disney+) I can safely say I enjoyed it well enough. All of it is more silly than serious but that’s to be expected with time traveling villains and Ant People.

I wasn’t buying into the hype/narrative of Rotten Tomatoes scores or Twitter discussions, etc, as I think that’s a symptom of people not being able to “unplug”, so to speak. It’s either watch the movie …or don’t…or just don’t worry about 🤷🏾‍♂️

Kang could be a formidable villain going forward if the MCU wants him to be, and they do need meaty villains that aren’t just a “one and done”.
I agree. I always . ALWAYS hated how they would kill the villains at the end of every superhero movie. Honestly I never found that smart.
The raimi films were notorious for killing the villains.

He got retconned badly because of Hugo Weaving not coming back to the role, which sucks because it would had been awesome to see him reunite with CAP haha
Really? That’s why? That’s so stupid. It was the first film they could have easily recasted. So weird they decided to make him some ghost guy. I was expecting lady death but idk if marvel had the rights to her

... maybe this speaks to the bigger problem of people using bootleg footage completely out of context and with no emotional attachment to the plot to base their final opinions on.
:goodpost:

I will say this: while the second Ant-Man film left me more or less cold in the end, I enjoyed the first one a lot as a fun and lighthearted comic movie.

MCU Phase 4/5 is sadly doing nothing for me but it makes sense to me that you could defeat multiple Kangs ... and still lose. He's not like Thanos' appearances, he'll just keep re-spawning until you reach a really bad one.

Last edited:
Now that I gave the actual movie a good review and as a stand alone product it was indeed a very fun FAMILY movie and I would go as far as saying that it felt like it belonged in the Phase 1-3 era which is very high praise I do now need to say this…

The MCU end goal of having their entire new Avengers movies based on the narrative of a multiversal war is a COMPLETE AND UTTER MESS!

Fun movie YES ABSOLUTELY!

Convoluted Kang Multiverse Plot YES ABSOLUTELY!

Can both coexist YES ABSOLUTELY!

They are not mutually exclusive.

But that doesn’t take away from the fact, and it shouldn’t, that the movie was fun, was Phase 1-3 quality and the actor playing Kang was spectacular as was the family dynamics and the other actors involved were also great!

Just like with Avatar…the focus on family did it for me.

The bad ass ending didn’t hurt it either lol

Don’t stay for the last end credits a waste of time and is proof for me that their multiverse end goal is a freaking mess.

The first end credits was fine though.

End credits music was also hand tapping good.

Last edited:
Honestly by the end of this movie it was a one off again a bridge to nowhere. :slap

Marvel just can’t seem to gain any traction with their multi-verse plot I mean are you really asking my wife to keep up with the character “Timely” lol

But at least it was fun. :yess:

Last edited:
Honestly by the end of this movie it was a one off again a bridge to nowhere. :slap

Marvel just can’t seem to gain any traction with their multi-verse plot I mean are you really asking my wife to keep up with Timely lol

But at least it was fun. :yess:

Tin foil hat time.

I think the "doesn't have time to keep up" is the plan.

To get people so invested in a particular IP that they have no time to keep up with any other IP.

Sure super fans like alot of us here have time and passion to watch multiple IPs, but the GA not so much.

Probably wrong, but I know the complexity of some IPs is what keeps my wife and some friends from even being interested in trying them.

My biggest headscratcher is that people seem to be comparing this film (and Kang) to Infinity War/Endgame & Thanos, when the more apt comparison should be with Avengers 1. By the time we got to IW/EG, we'd gotten to know Thanos over 10 years. Loki aside, this was the basically the first appearance of Kang the Conqueror. I expect his "threat" to get progressively bigger.
Another thing people can keep in mind is that in the 21 or so movies in Phases 1-3 Thanos only appears in 5 of them, the rest are either introducing new characters or tied to the Infinity Stones as a plot device. We see Thanos fully formed in “Infinity War” but the overall story still leads to him.

In the 7 movies and 8 shows from Phase 4-5 (so far) there are 2 movies and 3 shows that either mention or reference “The Multiverse” but only 2 that directly mention Kang. Having said that, there’s still time to build him up as a viable threat if he’s used sparingly leading up to “The Kang Dynasty”, but maybe as the villain connecting the dots in the background, I don’t know.

"Complex" in an MCU movie is undermined as soon as you add.... magic.

The problem with MCU magic is it either has no rules or they play very fast and loose with them as the plot demands.

Some of the very best of the fantasy genre will ask you to accept the concept of magic, but then defines it within strict parameters so that in the context of the world it's in, there are both applications and limitations to keep things "grounded" and interesting.

Maybe I've stopped paying close enough attention, but Dr. Strange's magic is all over the place and Scarlet Witch was just what exactly -- originally? A mutant (I know they couldn't say that word) using 'psionic' abilities, a telepath who could also use telekinesis ... what? Because now she's reading magic books and doing sorcerous stuff which seems preeeetty open-ended.

Back