Marvel's Antman and the Wasp: Quantumania

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So our local movie reviewer -- who likes everything -- did not like this movie. Really strange, might be the first time I've seen him negative on something. He loves the MCU and Star Trek too.

Face it, whether you like your initial and singular experience with this movie, it is sounding like its just not a very good movie.

So our local movie reviewer -- who likes everything -- did not like this movie. Really strange, might be the first time I've seen him negative on something. He loves the MCU and Star Trek too.

Face it, whether you like your initial and singular experience with this movie, it is sounding like its just not a very good movie.
Phase Four strikes again...

Gosh, it’s so obvious when you put it that way. How did I not realize it during my viewing experience?

29350C9D-D423-4FAF-9812-7C9E7D72AC8E.gif

Spoiler Spoiler:
Saw this last night, saw it again today with my kids, makes it easy to pay attention on stuff I missed, but after knowing the ending and focusing on what this version of Kang talks to antman about, It kind of clicked that:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Saw this last night, saw it again today with my kids, makes it easy to pay attention on stuff I missed, but after knowing the ending and focusing on what this version of Kang talks to antman about, It kind of clicked that:

Spoiler Spoiler:
I was thinking that this might be the case, but this version of Kang
Spoiler Spoiler:

I was thinking that this might be the case, but this version of Kang
Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Straight out of this and my initial reaction is very on the fence. Rudd is as good as always, Pfeiffer gets something a bit meatier and Majors is tremendous, and that is impressive given the background of the character and the lack of individual focused menace that Thanos had. There is nothing remotely original about it and tbh I think I’m finally (took longer than most lol) losing interest in the MCU, it’s just becoming all so bland and similar and there is a major lack of diversity in the stories they are telling. I can only take so many energy blasting gauntlet fights. It feels too much like a Guardians film at times.

Straight out of this and my initial reaction is very on the fence. Rudd is as good as always, Pfeiffer gets something a bit meatier and Majors is tremendous, and that is impressive given the background of the character and the lack of individual focused menace that Thanos had. There is nothing remotely original about it and tbh I think I’m finally (took longer than most lol) losing interest in the MCU, it’s just becoming all so bland and similar and there is a major lack of diversity in the stories they are telling. I can only take so many energy blasting gauntlet fights. It feels too much like a Guardians film at times.
I love majors as an actor but i read somewhere else that they felt the ending was a skit of SNL, you had Thanos beating Thor and Loki in Infinity war then we have ant man vs the exile.

Seen it last night.
Majors is definitely the standout.

lo and behold,my fav part of the whole movie was the last end credit scene!!

Love me some trickster God of Mischief!! 😉

I think your issue is more with the writing/directing than the actor himself, he’s a really good actor, but they can really only do what they’re told to do under the Mouses iron fist.
He was way worse than bad already in Loki...

Yeah I don't get the hate for Jonathan Majors. He's an intimidating presence on screen.

Last night on the Graham Norton show, Michael B. Jordan was there repping Creed 3 and spoke snout him, then Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas came out repping Ant-Man 3 and did the same. He's a really good actor.

Watching Victor go so spare ripping into him this week was great fun.

rob-brunette-kang-small.jpg

This could make a great figure if done right, although it does suffer from being Meinerdinged.

Nope, he was just truly awful, like Pedro Pascal in Wonder Woman. You can like him though, it's ok 😉
I think you're just unable to distinguish acting from directing/writing. They nailed what they were given, you just didn't like that direction for their characters.

Back