Marvel Studios/Sony - SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was mildly interested in this movie. Now with Keaton involved its added to the highly anticipated list.

Then Hot Toys makes a Marvel Spider-Man Keaton figure with a headsculpt likeness that is better than their Bruce Wayne. The irony.

Then Hot Toys makes a Marvel Spider-Man Keaton figure with a headsculpt likeness that is better than their Bruce Wayne. The irony.

I liked the BR Bruce Wayne sculpt. Its not as good as the BR Batman sculpt - but that one's definitely in HT's top 5.

I like Gwen more than MJ, but Felicia trumps them both IMO. But, as far as high school crushes go, I'd go with maybe Liz Allen or, as you said, Betty. She'd have to be a bit older, though. If I'm being honest, while I get why they're doing the whole high-school thing, I'd much rather see a "normal" Spider-Man. Upside is that we'll probably be seeing this Spider-Man grow and evolve for decades, so there's that.

I hear you. I'm interested to see what happens. I feel they may just make someone completely new and have her actually be one of the love interest. Like Sharon Carter in TWS. I can see Zendaya maybe being the love interest, however, IMDb has her listed as "Michelle". I can see her maybe being Felicia, just had to change the name due to her dad.

I totally forgot about Liz, so that'd make more sense. I think Betty would be much older, maybe mid 20's or so. So not sure how that'd translate.

High School era Spidey is okay in my books, I too believe they should have just gone with an older Spidey, but I guess it wouldn't fit in the universe, otherwise everyone would have known and paid more attention to him.

If Keaton is involved, he should be Norman Osbourne. Or barring that, the Ringmaster.

No. norman osborn should be Bryan cranston. If DC was to stupid to see him as Lex then perhaps marvel will see him as a Norman Osborne. He'd be great.

Cranston doesn't come to mind when I think of that character to be honest (though he would have made a very solid Lex Luthor). Neither does Keaton, but better than freaking Vulture.

Cranston doesn't come to mind when I think of that character to be honest (though he would have made a very solid Lex Luthor). Neither does Keaton, but better than freaking Vulture.

I dont see Keaton as Vulture either but I feel like actors can surprise us. If ben kingsley wasn't wasted as some crazy drunk guy he'd be a good vulture.

I dont see Keaton as Vulture either but I feel like actors can surprise us. If ben kingsley wasn't wasted as some crazy drunk guy he'd be a good vulture.

This.

I'll never forgive Marvel Studios for wasting Ben Kingsley, The Mandarin & A.I.M. in one uneventful meaningless film.

I hear you. I'm interested to see what happens. I feel they may just make someone completely new and have her actually be one of the love interest. Like Sharon Carter in TWS. I can see Zendaya maybe being the love interest, however, IMDb has her listed as "Michelle". I can see her maybe being Felicia, just had to change the name due to her dad.

I totally forgot about Liz, so that'd make more sense. I think Betty would be much older, maybe mid 20's or so. So not sure how that'd translate.

High School era Spidey is okay in my books, I too believe they should have just gone with an older Spidey, but I guess it wouldn't fit in the universe, otherwise everyone would have known and paid more attention to him.

Eh, I'd be okay with a "no-name" love interest until we get to the others, but Parker's got sooo many ladies to choose from his lore, that it's not really that needed. Liz would be a good choice in my book. Not done before and a mix between MJ and Gwen.

As for Zendaya, I really hope she's not playing Felicia. Black Cat should be introduced later down the line when Spider-Man is in his mid-20s or so. Having her show up now would be like that canned "Batman High School" show. Either way, she doesn't have that "flair" that characters like Black Cat and Emma Frost have.

Ridiculous title.

1. Sony is the only home live-action theatrical Spidey has known so the whole 'going home' thing is outright incorrect, it would only make sense if Marvel made a movie then Sony took over and then it went back to Marvel.

2. It makes it sound like Spidey goes to Prom.

Half expect the sequel to be called "Spider-Man: Bust a Move"

Keaton as Vulture sounds great but Marvel have a **** record with villains. Sony isn't much better but Goblin, Ock & Sandman were good

Last edited:
Well, Peter IS in high school so he's major likely going to Homecoming and it's also the name of a comic book story arc which is what the movies have for the most part been doing or just taking the name of story arcs so I have absolutely no problem with it.

I don't see them doing Vulture and I can't see Keaton playing him. Vulture is kind of ridiculous, I dunno how you make that work. It's not impossible but it seems to risky for their first Spider-Man outing, unless the choice of Keaton is to soften that risk.

I've always wanted to see the Chameleon done on screen as far back as the Raimi Spidey films. I think Keaton would make for a cool Chameleon or Hobgoblin.

But Sharon Carter is the love interest for Cap from the comics, not someone completely new??

I hope Zendaya is MJ. Spidey is finally going to be done right (hopefully) so I want to see comic book characters, not new, made for movie ones. I don't mind them changing MJ's race and Zendaya is a striking young lady who matches perfectly with Hollands age. She's a far better choice than some generic chicks I've seen suggested for the role only because they are red heads or white. :lol

I'm curious about the story meaning but I'm happy with the nod to Spidey going beck to Marvel Studios. Where he belongs. :)
Early reviews from CW also seem to indicate he's in the right hands, finally. It's unanimous!

sogood.gif

Sony is the only home live-action theatrical Spidey has known so the whole 'going home' thing is outright incorrect, it would only make sense if Marvel made a movie then Sony took over and then it went back to Marvel.

It's arrogant too.

Good luck to them trying to top Spider-Man 2. Though I'm sure people will turn on it and proclaim Homecoming "da best Spidey movie ever, finally done right!" like they've been doing since Civil War's second trailer.

Back