Marvel Studios/Sony - SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Apparently the whole script leaked on 4chan/reddit...

From what I've read, it sounds like it could be believable and it doesn't sound too bad.

Link dammit. link!

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spider-man/rumour-spider-man-homecoming-plot-leaks-online-a141822

Or for those who enjoy walls of text:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Actually sounds really good. I like how it cleverly blends Peter's personal and superhero lives while also giving some connections to the MCU.

Hopefully the rest of the casting and the actual film compliment what sounds to be a solid script.

An ok story. I hope it's not fake but the fact that it wasn't deleted already makes me worry.
If it's not, I hope the "rewrites" comment is true as well:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Here's some good news: according to Variety, Michael Keaton and Marvel have worked out their differences, and Keaton may be joining Spider-Man: Homecoming, after all.

"...talks barely began before the actor pulled his name from being considered over money issues. Sources said the dispute occurred after Robert Downey was added to the cast to reprise his role of Tony Stark and at the time it looked as if the studio wouldn’t be able to afford both talents."

Variety says that Marvel closed their deal with Robert Downey Jr., returned to Keaton, and have since come to an agreement that keeps everyone happy.

You'll recall that, back during CinemaCon, Devin broke the news that the Vulture would be Spider-Man: Homecoming's main villain, and all signs point to that being the role earmarked for Keaton. In a fortuitous turn of events, the update regarding Keaton's return to the film was quickly followed by a helluva scoop over at JoBlo, which (SPOILER ALERT) confirms Devin's report, along with providing more information about the film's villain situation.
For instance:

We can confirm that not only is The Vulture in the film, but he is, in fact, the main villain. But, he’s not the only bad guy in the mix. The Vulture will be aided by none other than The Tinkerer, who will help him build his suit with recovered Chitauri tech from the Battle of New York.

JoBlo also has some information about Spider-Man's Homecoming suit (hint: think Ditko), but you should really head over there to read the rest of their scoop. I'm told that it's very much on the level.

All of this is very exciting! Keaton would be a great addition to the MCU, and I like this thing about The Tinkerer using Chitauri tech to help The Vulture assemble his suit. The folks at Marvel really know how to tie this stuff together in a satisfying way, don't they?

On one hand, he'd be a great Osborn. On the other, he'd also play a damn great Toomes. One is a role with future (and demands some physicallity), the other is one-and-done probably. Considering he dropped because (allegedely) he didn't want to be chained by a contract, I imagine he'd prefer to join as Toomes. Which is alright in my book, I'd prefer Maconaughey for Osborn.

Keaton is gonna get nuts.

Old Man Nuts.

With feathers on them.

Should have gotten Richard Simmons. But Disney MCU doesn't have dem nuts.

Back