1/6 Marvel Comics - 1/6th scale Iron Man Collectible Figure (Deluxe Version) [The Origin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What exactly are they trying to do with the clear plastic? I'm not an Iron-man comic guy, so if this is a stupid question, forgive me. Is there some kind of artistic approach to the armor that this is trying to emulate? I wouldn't be purchasing this regardless, but that clear "effect" seems to be putting EVERYONE off...

6b8f6a107d5f2051ee280229be1af147.jpg

ae1a8c4b7db55c2f583c7e4a04e3bcec.jpg

It is like 75-80 % there. There?s a lot about this that I love: for one that they are delving into the comic book Iron Man, the two different helmets, the form/structure of adapting the comic book proportions. I actually think they nailed the classic comic book Iron Man...but it?s the fine details that bring this down a notch. The clear plastic? Why? Will it yellow, is it brittle, will it lose some of the amazing aspects to the paint because it is shielded with plastic parts?
And the little grey parts on the gold upper arm and thighs. Too much, bit distracting and takes away from the amazing way they were able to add in defined musculature to an armoured body.

What I wish is exactly what Dave_W posted:

281e7c32e9525dec97bddefbc99e0698.jpg

Add in that slight weathering and this would be an amazing release. And that is what makes this so frustrating is how close this is to being an all-timer release...just those creative choices might make this more of a hologram MK4 or the Neon Tech Iron Mans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6b8f6a107d5f2051ee280229be1af147.jpg

ae1a8c4b7db55c2f583c7e4a04e3bcec.jpg

It is like 75-80 % there. There?s a lot about this that I love: for one that they are delving into the comic book Iron Man, the two different helmets, the form/structure of adapting the comic book proportions. I actually think they nailed the classic comic book Iron Man...but it?s the fine details that bring this down a notch. The clear plastic? Why? Will it yellow, is it brittle, will it lose some of the amazing aspects to the paint because it is shielded with plastic parts?
And the little grey parts on the gold upper arm and thighs. Too much, bit distracting and takes away from the amazing way they were able to add in defined musculature to an armoured body.

What I wish is exactly what Dave_W posted:

281e7c32e9525dec97bddefbc99e0698.jpg

Add in that slight weathering and this would be an amazing release. And that is what makes this so frustrating is how close this is to being an all-timer release...just those creative choices might make this more of a hologram MK4 or the Neon Tech Iron Mans.

Give it awhile after this is released and they'll release a repaint sans the clear plastic. OR an exclusive with the Classic Comic accurate color scheme. Then they'll get my money.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

it is obvious that the clear parts add some nice bulk to the body and my fear is if you can remove it all, the body will look too lean or scrawny.

It will probably still look pretty awesome in hand but yeah the concept they are going for here which I believe is also comic accurate should have been a later release first one should have been just simple classic

This would be amazing if it wasn't covered in that transparent crap. It looks like the stuff on the abdomen can't be swapped, so...

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Its a shame that they dropped the ball on this one. HT has already been dragging their feet to do comic figures and Im sure Zombie Deadpool and plastic wrap Iron Man arent going to sell crazy numbers so Im worried they will see that as people not being interested in a comic accurate line of figures

I love that he comes with the horn mask. Still, I don't think I can justify this weird transparent version.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

**** me...:slap

If HT is going deep into a Marvel Comics based line I'm screwed. :lol

According to ToyArk's description...

The armor has a number of swap out pieces as well. The most interesting feature for the figure is the inclusion of clear plastic parts that go on top of the armor, offering a pretty unique appearance among their Iron Man armors. The clear parts can attach to the head, arms, chest, torso, waist, and feet.

If you zoom in some pictures, it does look like all the clear parts can be removed as they have seams where they would snap over the parts. But odd that HT would not include any promo shots with them all removed.

While I agree about the clear parts, this thing looks amazing to me. I so many times almost bought the concept MK46 as it was the closest to a classic comic look, then contemplated on the MK85 for the same reason. I am glad I have ultimately passed on those. As well as the DC MK7 and decided to just keep my original plastic one. Also, the Dx is definitely worth an extra $30 to me. I'm usually not into diorama bases, but this actually looks pretty damn cool.

A display would look great with my favorite movie and comic armors. MK7 and this, along with my movie MK33 Silver Centurion alongside a comic version. All I'd ever need. Also glad I haven't PO'd the PS classic Spider-Man costume yet as it was a little off to me. Here's hoping they decide to add a classic Spidey and black costume spidey to the mix.

And a classic Thor, Cap, Hulk..... I'm so in trouble...:thud:

Interesting. If I remember right (and I might not, because I was never a fan of Iron Man comics back in the day), his suit had a "force field" for added protection.
Maybe that's what they were going for?

I wouldn't get this figure either way, but I'm curious as to how the clear plastic bits will look on a shelf with lighting. Could actually be kind of a cool effect. But if that's the idea, they REALLY should make all of the clear bits removeable.

For me, the bigger question is are they going to make a companion comic War Machine:

war-machine-comic.jpg

**** me...:slap

If HT is going deep into a Marvel Comics based line I'm screwed. :lol

According to ToyArk's description...

If you zoom in some pictures, it does look like all the clear parts can be removed as they have seams where they would snap over the parts.

While I agree about the clear parts, this thing looks amazing to me. I so many times almost bought the concept MK46 as it was the closest to a classic comic look, then contemplated on the MK85 for the same reason. I am glad I have ultimately passed on those. As well as the DC MK7 and decided to just keep my original plastic one. Also, the Dx is definitely worth an extra $30 to me. I'm usually not into diorama bases, but this actually looks pretty damn cool.

A display would look great with my favorite movie and comic armors. MK7 and this, along with my movie MK33 Silver Centurion alongside a comic version. All I'd ever need. Also glad I haven't PO'd the PS classic Spider-Man costume yet as it was a little off to me. Here's hoping they decide to add a classic Spidey and black costume spidey to the mix.

And a classic Thor, Cap, Hulk..... I'm so in trouble...:thud:

:exactly: :lecture :exactly:

I really believe this in person with proper lighting is going to look rather insane especially if it can all be removed so the panic can stop lol

Horned helmet :drool

And like you I am so screwed if they go down this path lol

This is bargain bin material, I can already see it "Free Global Shipping & $50 Off"

Happy to see something different but not something I need to spend $350-400 on. The base/work station set up is cool, would've preferred a modern take on the comic style like this. Maybe in the future depending how this line sells.

Iron-Man-five-nighmares-int.jpg

Ugh. I can't believe HT is finally making the comic version and this is what we get!

I first saw this on my Facebook page and my first thought was that it was from Sideshow since they've been the ones who have been doing the classic comic looks.

But then I saw the HT logo and was relieved and elated!

But then I saw that clear plastic thing and thought, WTF?

It was so close to being great! It's what I personally have been wanting for a very long time. Iron Man was my favorite comic book when I first started reading comics as a very young boy. My first comic ever was Iron Man #119 in 1979. I don't mind most of the details they've added. But the clear plastic crap is just baffling, especially since you can't replace some/most for solid colored panels.

I would have loved that classic 1970s/80s Iron Man look, even with a few updates and embellishments. It would have been a definite buy. But how it's now, it's a pass.

Hopefully they'll make a "regular" version someday, and I will be first in line for that.

Back