1/6 Marvel Comics - 1/6th scale Iron Man Collectible Figure (Deluxe Version) [The Origin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry but that clear plastic overlay they are using to try to simulate that shiny outline look in the comics kills this for me. I can easily see this clear plastic breaking and cracking over time, which would ruin the entire shiny look, which defeats the purpose of having this overlay.

Are the extra helmet and non-clear armor parts only part of the Deluxe version or is it the base only?

Iron Man fans get an all new figure, while Batman fans get a crappy looking Batman Begins reissue figure.........:slap

That sums up HT's mentality perfectly.

If this replicated an Adi Granov or Bob Layton Iron Man it would be a game changer.

Right now, this is a bummer.

Wow, the thought of an actual Adi Granov armor in 1/6 got me excited.

Anyhow, this is a pretty welcome surprise. Makes me kinda regret Pre-Ordering the Endgame figure now. Between all its flaws and the only reason I POed being that it was close to the Modular, I'm having second thoughts... Hell, if PopCultcha at least contacted me. I've sent three different emails since COVID and I never got a response. The figure's been in-stock for a while now, and I've had no invoices sent to me. I've basically paid 100 euros and the whole thing's in limbo. I can't even cancel it. I'm probably never ordering from there again.

Totally with you about Popcultcha. I?ve got a ton of pennies with them still and I am not ordering from them again. I?ve found other places with better, quicker customer service, cheaper prices and much faster delivery.

IM.jpg

Did a fairly quick mock up....I think I'll wait for this one.

Nah, I'm not in the mood to call a store in another continent for something as trivial as that. I'll wait until I get the invoice, pay it off and that'll be it. If this thing goes up for PO before that, I may just cancel it, buy something else with the money and call it a day. But compared to other online stores, this has been my worst experience thus far. I'm paying exchange rates and tons of taxes anyhow, so whatever differences exist between stores, I find it easier to stick with what I know and not hunt for the best deal over 20 euros or something.

Regarding Popcultcha, I ordered from them once and they sent me the wrong figure. The figure they sent me was easily worth $100+ more than the one I ordered (and I already had that particular figure), but yeah, it sent me the signal that I should not order from them again. In terms of Australian retailers, I do like Sugo toys though

It's cool but those clear plastic pieces kill it for me so hard pass. Unless they do another version without the clear plastic then I'll buy it. I also agree if they do Classic Comic Captain america and Thor I will lose it. Lol

Exactly as to why I won?t be getting this.

The only thing that looks great on this for me, is the base/suitcase lol. The comic look doesn't really do it for me and never will.

[...] Wow, the thought of an actual Adi Granov armor in 1/6 got me excited.

Same. Pipe dream though. There's no way this company's getting a cent out of me for yet another "almost" figure like this one. Between their consistently inaccurate helmet sculpts and now this emulation of MEZ-FLAIR they can stay firmly in the rear-view mirror. The clear plastic is a poor choice and likely to yellow over time, not that I'm buying it to find out.

Of course they do iron man. Should have went out with a bang and did symbiote spidey or wolverine or cap

I was desperate for a classic iron man for awhile now and then they go and add clear plastic to it :slap Hopefully enough people complain and they fix it to be all removable?

As for the deluxe only being $30 more it seems like that would be a no brainer

So... let me see if I've got this straight.

Hot Toys cannot get their mile long backlog of movie products released as it is
(I've gotten 6 "item delayed" emails from Sideshow in just one week), the HEAVILY rumored
Cyborg preorder still has not surfaced, but we're going to go into straight preorders for
comic book versions of Iron Man now?

The Hot Toys burnout is a real thing... because I seriously just can't at this point. :slap

Hot Toys, you sly dog! I see you operating, think-tanking....look at you getting fancy with your new style, dipping into the Comics Arena!

Take 1: Just had to make the first one Iron Man didn't you? Not sure I need it as I have plenty of Iron Man figures.

Take 2: A lot of comic character's looks don't translate well to the real world (mainly due to the "outside drawers"). Iron Man is on the border there, Classic CAP would be difficult.

Take 3: "Crystal Clear Armor Parts" - don't bother. Not sure what you're trying to do there. You'll leave a lot of people out if those aren't removable.

Take 4: HT Pitch to Marvel/Disney, "We really want to do comic-style. We need to hurry, the third parties are already doing this...."

Hot Toys, you sly dog! I see you operating, think-tanking....look at you getting fancy with your new style, dipping into the Comics Arena!

Take 1: Just had to make the first one Iron Man didn't you? Not sure I need it as I have plenty of Iron Man figures.

Take 2: A lot of comic character's looks don't translate well to the real world (mainly due to the "outside drawers"). Iron Man is on the border there, Classic CAP would be difficult.

Take 3: "Crystal Clear Armor Parts" - don't bother. Not sure what you're trying to do there. You'll leave a lot of people out if those aren't removable.

Take 4: HT Pitch to Marvel/Disney, "We really want to do comic-style. We need to hurry, the third parties are already doing this...."

Translation: BOUGHT!

Back