1/6 Marvel Comics - 1/6th scale Iron Man Collectible Figure (Deluxe Version) [The Origin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Comic Captain America, Thor, Wolverine, and Deadpool would be must buys for me. This is a huge let down with those clear pieces on the armour.

I think the clear panels are supposed to emulate a drawing effect; almost like it's cell shaded. I think it's a pretty cool idea, but it should be 100% removable.

Hmm that's interesting to hear you're having a negative experience with PopCultcha. I've only ordered from them once, but they were fantastic! Their response time could have been better, but overall they came through when it mattered most.

Dunno. I POed it a year and some change ago. I paid my deposit and waited for the invoice to pay the rest. No contact. I sent them some emails back during the HS issue, to ask whether they'd ship the old HS or wait for HT to provide a new one, and they never responded. I sent them another when I saw that the fig was in-stock, to see when they'd send me an invoice, and again, nothing. It's a pretty bad situation. When I cancelled a fig at BBTS I got an imediate response and my money back (basically I'd PO a figure that later ended up having a Sig edition available only through the manufacturer's store, so I cancelled the BBTS one and re-ordered there). I'm not having the greatest of experiences, and I'm paying taxes and rates anyhow, so might as well order everything from Sideshow, BBTS and ToysWonderland.

I spent ten minutes seeing if all the clear pieces are removable. I shouldn't have to do that. My first refkex was to check for a Tony sculpt, a huge oversight as well. No likeness rights to worry about.

Same. I want a proper Tony Stark figure in general. In a tux or something. I saw "Deluxe" and "The Origin" and got excited there... I think the plastic pieces are removable. As for why they're there... Some kind of... force field? I don't know. The base alone is great though.

I think the clear panels are supposed to emulate a drawing effect; almost like it's cell shaded. I think it's a pretty cool idea, but it should be 100% removable.
If it's all actually removable then cool, but it doesn't look like they are. The only piece that can switch out seems to be the helmet, boot guards, gaunlet sleeves, and chest. All other parts are stuck on him it seems.

What's going on with the clear armor? I've been waiting so long for Hot Toys to do something like this, but that almost kills the figure for me.

Dunno. I POed it a year and some change ago. I paid my deposit and waited for the invoice to pay the rest. No contact. I sent them some emails back during the HS issue, to ask whether they'd ship the old HS or wait for HT to provide a new one, and they never responded. I sent them another when I saw that the fig was in-stock, to see when they'd send me an invoice, and again, nothing. It's a pretty bad situation. When I cancelled a fig at BBTS I got an imediate response and my money back (basically I'd PO a figure that later ended up having a Sig edition available only through the manufacturer's store, so I cancelled the BBTS one and re-ordered there). I'm not having the greatest of experiences, and I'm paying taxes and rates anyhow, so might as well order everything from Sideshow, BBTS and ToysWonderland.

Hmm, that's really strange. I dunno where in the country you are, but they have an actual phone number you can call if you're able to get an app that allows for free global calling or something.

MV8ZcjC.jpg

Companion piece.

Last edited:
Hmm, that's really strange. I dunno where in the country you are, but they have an actual phone number you can call if you're able to get an app that allows for free global calling or something.

Nah, I'm not in the mood to call a store in another continent for something as trivial as that. I'll wait until I get the invoice, pay it off and that'll be it. If this thing goes up for PO before that, I may just cancel it, buy something else with the money and call it a day. But compared to other online stores, this has been my worst experience thus far. I'm paying exchange rates and tons of taxes anyhow, so whatever differences exist between stores, I find it easier to stick with what I know and not hunt for the best deal over 20 euros or something.

If the clear plastic can come off I?m in for it. I hope they do more comic characters.

Man include your stupid clear pieces if you want but at least give the option to have them all be removeable or at least replacement pieces. :slap

This as as far as you can get with taking off the clear pieces.

170408184_10157941828257344_7766579112208733251_n.jpg

I don’t understand this at all. I don’t want a company’s interpretation of a classic design. I want the classic design. I’m with chris, this just looks bad.

Man include your stupid clear pieces if you want but at least give the option to have them all be removeable or at least replacement pieces. :slap

This as as far as you can get with taking off the clear pieces.

170408184_10157941828257344_7766579112208733251_n.jpg
Yeah this is just stupid decision making. I mean I'm happy for those who like it and will buy it. But it's disappointing seeing something good be held back by a horrible concept.

Iron Man fans get an all new figure, while Batman fans get a crappy looking Batman Begins reissue figure.........:slap

I don?t understand this at all. I don?t want a company?s interpretation of a classic design. I want the classic design. I?m with chris, this just looks bad.

:exactly:

I was actually excited for this as I read the description before seeing the photos, but what an utter disappointment to see that they have done the exact same thing as Sideshow and Mezco has and gave us their own interpretation.

Back