Mars Toys 1/6 Prank Villain (Three versions of Cesar Romero's Joker)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Issues aside he's still a lot of fun!

DSC_8114.JPG

DSC_8097.JPG

DSC_8108.JPG

The pants being completely the wrong colour is the biggest annoyance. Everything else I could overlook more easily had they got that simple thing right. Not sure whether to replace them or try dying.

Will consider some of the other mods @Asta detailed. The shoes are pristine. Seems unlikely in a dusty, dirty prison yard but I haven't watched the scene in ages. Some weathering all over the outfit would probably help. Maybe washes on the face to reduce the brightness of the white makeup.

Hopefully someone makes his civilian suit too:

7ik95g.gif

7poa3l.gif

It's what somewhat inspired Miller's big zootsuit suit Joker
6vw3fp.gif

art-jpgjpg.jpeg

7ikb5u.gif

And with the Pagliacci mask, the Dark Knights gray suit
6vw4ak.gif

7ikcdi.gif

7iko3w.gif
6vw4iv.gif

Having 66 Romero Joker in the gray Civilian Zoot suit, holding his own Pagliacci mask, would make for a wonderfully bizarre parallel.
e2a50dc39fb0694e014c1056ac3b9f77.gif
Eh, throw that mask on softball joker and see how close we can get to this:

936051_10152162505397344_1787333375733921443_n.jpg
I would have preferred the civilian; Big Suit Joker, to softball Joker. Then combined that with the Pagliacci Mask, to retroactively invoke the Dark Knight Joker.

Last edited:
Realised earlier I had a spare pair of dark brown pants that were previously on a McClane kitbash. Probably a long way from screen accurate but much happier with this colour than the stock pants.

DSC_8118.JPG

DSC_8122.JPG

DSC_8123.JPG

Now to see what can be done to get the shirt to fit better and maybe weather the shoes. Watching the scene on YT I can't get a good shot of the shoes but they must have been covered in dust and dirt?

Realised earlier I had a spare pair of dark brown pants that were previously on a McClane kitbash. Probably a long way from screen accurate but much happier with this colour than the stock pants.

View attachment 645404
View attachment 645405
View attachment 645406

Now to see what can be done to get the shirt to fit better and maybe weather the shoes. Watching the scene on YT I can't get a good shot of the shoes but they must have been covered in dust and dirt?

That's a big improvement.

They instantly reminded me of the pair that came with Hot Toys' Logan from The Wolverine, which are brown with a hint of dark grey. They're also more utilitarian than the grey suit trousers I was using, and therefore don't have pressed creases down the front.

I had them on a figure that was simple to switch for another pair, so made the swap onto Joker:

100_4647.JPG
100_4649.JPG

They're a tighter fit than the grey pair, so didn't need the padding at the front, though I did keep the thigh expanders on. Also a better fit on the waist.

Makes me happier with the figure, as even though the colour is still probably wrong, they look more like prison wear to me.

7poxvt.gif

I'm curious about the box art, which I think is terrific, while likely original designs based on screen caps (see above^) , I particularly like the one on the right, where he's making the crazy bat-ears.
It looks familiar but I can't place it, Is that based on original art, something Romero did on the show, or in some publicity material?
Anyone know, or have a shot / capture where he does that?

Last edited:
7poxvt.gif

I'm curious about the box art, which I think is terrific, while likely original designs based on screen caps (see above^) , I particularly like the one on the right, where he's making the crazy bat-ears.
It looks familiar but I can't place it, Is that based on original art, something Romero did on the show, or in some publicity material?
Anyone know, or have a shot / capture where he does that?

The box art is great.

I've found the finger making bat ears on Pinterest:

joker.jpg

There's no artist information in the caption, but the art is signed and dated 2014.

Using Google image search found this page:

https://www.behance.net/gallery/43600335/BATMAN-66-OFFICIAL-WARNER-BROSPrints

The artist is Orlando Arocena.

Some of you know that I'm a BIG BATMAN geek and back in 2014 I created several vector tributes to celebrate the 75th Anniversary of Batman- in association with the Poster Posse.

Today I am happy to announce in association with Warner Bros. Studios Entertainment and Dark Hall Mansion my OFFICIAL Batman66: ARKHAM CELEBRATES Limited Edition Prints!

When I created these back in 2014-my over all idea was to create a parody series where 3 of the most iconic Gotham Villains were paying tribute to the Dark Knight. 2 years later I'm proud that they are now available for you to collect!

Created with Imac + adobe Illustrator + Wacom Intuos Pro.

The box art is great.

I've found the finger making bat ears on Pinterest:

View attachment 645419

There's no artist information in the caption, but the art is signed and dated 2014.

Using Google image search found this page:

https://www.behance.net/gallery/43600335/BATMAN-66-OFFICIAL-WARNER-BROSPrints

The artist is Orlando Arocena.
Oh wow, I don't have much problem with them appropriating screen caps for box art, but that is that guy Orlando Arocena' s original art work. That does cross a line.

I wonder if he knows his art's been used?

I love those paintings.
Yeah they are terrific, a clever visual theme.

Last edited:
That's a big improvement.

They instantly reminded me of the pair that came with Hot Toys' Logan from The Wolverine, which are brown with a hint of dark grey. They're also more utilitarian than the grey suit trousers I was using, and therefore don't have pressed creases down the front.

I had them on a figure that was simple to switch for another pair, so made the swap onto Joker:

View attachment 645415View attachment 645416

They're a tighter fit than the grey pair, so didn't need the padding at the front, though I did keep the thigh expanders on. Also a better fit on the waist.

Makes me happier with the figure, as even though the colour is still probably wrong, they look more like prison wear to me.
I like those! The brown does work better than the grey, at least to my eye.

Thanks @Asta for the detailed description of both figures. Still considering them as they look to be fun projects.
I have a Bank Robber Joker V1 laying here. Might work for baseball Joker.
Pagliacci Joker looks great. Adding some bigger ponpons and resweing the hat shouldn’t be an issue. I also do have a second bang robber mask that might work with a repaint.
Already the boxarts look wort the purchase…

I really, really hope the reissue of the main figure won’t get canned.

Has there been any update about what’s been going on with Mars Toys?

Back