Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

- It's time fore some change. PLEEEEASE!

Henry-Cavill-on-the-Man-of-Steel-Set-1-600x850.jpg

Adams is actually one of the few ingredients of the film I don't have doubts or reservations over. She's one of the finest actresses working today.

Henry Cavill on the film:

"This is a Superman for a modern age. It's not betraying anything that Superman is, but it is grounding everything in reality." "It's the story of this incredible being who can do incredible things, but whom we can associate with. Because he's gone through troubling stuff and had to make tough choices."

From Total Film magazine.

Plus a slightly better version of the cover photo
16447753851444619376217.jpg

"whom we can associate with." Oh sure, Henry. 'Scuse me while I kiss the sky.

As they should be. **** realistic superhero movies. Such a flawed, terrible logic to look at. If you want realism, go outside.

Hmmm. Do they perhaps mean grounding it in ''Bale Batman's'' reality? Could lend credence to the rumours of Bales comeback in the Justice League film.

Henry Cavill on the film:

"This is a Superman for a modern age. It's not betraying anything that Superman is, but it is grounding everything in reality." "It's the story of this incredible being who can do incredible things, but whom we can associate with. Because he's gone through troubling stuff and had to make tough choices."

From Total Film magazine.
Amy Adams is enough to get me to see it. :lol His outfit needed less blue and more red IMO, but it's ok with me and probably looks even better in action.

I like the tone the trailers for this suggests, I actually don't mind when some movies are "grounded", depending on the character of course. I don't want Batman with the tone of Avengers, that's for sure, and I'm very curious about a more "serious" Superman. And I personally never found the Nolan Batfilms even slightly realistic. Serious and not very comical maybe, but not very realistic. Guess I'm in the minority there. :lol But that's a discussion for another thread. :)

EDIT: Oh what a-dev says above is interesting, I wonder if they planned ahead like that already?

Last edited:

From what we've seen and heard about this, i think Superman will be treated as an enemy because of his power and race, and only accepted after he goes against Zod and his lot to protect humanity.

A "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" kindof relationship with humanity.

That would provide a grounded sense of realism you can't get if you have everybody welcoming him with open arms. Afterall he's an alien, the first reaction to him would be fear and intrepidation, if they explore that it'd qualify as grounded and realistic.

Bcoz Marvel Studios movies are 10% grounded at best :lol

He or she said 'Marvel films", not just Marvel Studios movies :wink1:

Last edited:

But it is grounding everything in reality

tumblr_mboxurzu4e1qfnlmbo1_500.gif

grounding everything in reality makes difabio a dull boy. Grounding everything in reality makes Difabio a dull boy..grounding everything in reality makes difabio a dull boy. Grounding everything in reality makes DiFabio a dull boy. Grounding everything in reality makes DiFabio a dull boy. Grounding everything in reality makes DiFabio a dull boy.

Grounding everything in reality makes DiFabio a dull boy.

grounding everything in reality makes difabio a dull boy. Grounding everything in reality makes Difabio a dull boy..grounding everything in reality makes difabio a dull boy. Grounding everything in reality makes DiFabio a dull boy. Grounding everything in reality makes DiFabio a dull boy. Grounding everything in reality makes DiFabio a dull boy.

Grounding everything in reality makes DiFabio a dull boy. Grounding everything in reality makes DiFabio a dull boy.

Grounding everything in reality makes DiFabio a dull boy.Grounding everything in reality makes DiFabio a dull boy. Grounding everything in reality makes DiFabio a dull boy.

^ This town needs an enema!.

Batman 1989 was grounded in reality for the most part. The most outrageous thing was toxic waste or a bullet that could take down an air craft vehicle (which is nothing compared to the crap that goes on in TDKR).

I guarantee Man of Steel is no more "realistic" or "grounded" than the original Superman either.

This whole "grounded", "teh reelism" crap is driving me nuts. I mean, that's the best way to describe something now a days when it comes to these particular comic book films? Really? GROUNDED REALISM. Surely there are other merits. I expect to hear more about Superman being "grounded realism" in the coming months. Ain't nothing grounded about Superman, there never was. We go to see movies for escapism, through a prism, not to see our own world regurgitated and bogged down with "real life".

Oh, and I like the suit there. Looks cool. Lois Lane also looks like a do want.

Last edited:

Depends on how you interpret grounded realism.

It could mean he doesn't fly or shoot heat vision as that wouldn't be realistic or it could mean a realistic reaction among the characters to these fantastical elements :dunno

Back