Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

Just because no one has been able to use him well doesn't mean he's unusable. They'd just have to completely ignore the precedents.

I never said he was unusable. Sure, he would work just fine alongside another villain like Brainiac in the sequel. But by himself? No way in hell. Part of the reason so many are interested in this version of Superman is because we actually get to see him fight a super-villain.

Ive wanted to see a badass Superman for what seems like forever. Please God, let this live up to the hype.:pray::lol

I wish we could have had that in a film that uses the JW theme.

Instead that theme is left to 'classic' but very very dated films and only a few bits of greatness in Superman Returns.

I never said he was unusable. Sure, he would work just fine alongside another villain like Brainiac in the sequel. But by himself? No way in hell. Part of the reason so many are interested in this version of Superman is because we actually get to see him fight a super-villain.

We've seen him fight SV before.... ZOD and his gang 30 yrs ago! :lol

Just with no CGI, that's all.

And that's why 2 was so much better than 1, but Luthor is Superman's Joker. I have my doubts that anyone could make a movie with him as the sole villain, but if someone had what it took, it could work.

Well we saw batman with Bane, are you ready for this 16 YEARS AGO

Where the **** did the time go.

Was the fighting?? Looked like WWF grappling to me haha and a few ***** slaps and hogan kicks mixed in

Yeah they Were barely fights

I take the "grounded in reality" comment as how the world would react to first contact with an alien who has these powers. Would he be welcomed or feared? Let's face it: he would be feared and the people of Earth would be looking for ways to kill him. I have been saying this for awhile that this approach is one I hoped they would take in a film about Superman. In all other media, the realization that we have made contact with a super powered alien life form is glossed over and Superman is just accepted. pPeople go about their daily tasks with knowledge that aliens exist. It doesn't affect anything. Of course there would be those who would be freaking out thinking of the ramifications on if this creature could be trusted and what if he turned on us?

I even thought about this while watching Avengers. The people are very happy that they were saved by these heroes, but giant freaking creatures coming out of a portal attacking us is glossed over. I know that'a a dumb thing to think about in the movie (because Avengers is pure awesome and doesn't hurt it in any way) just something I think about. "Holy crap! Not only does the entire Earth know that we are not alone, but they tried to destroy us!"

I am so looking forward to Man of Steel. I really think this will be the Superman film I have been waiting for, much like Batman Begins was the Batman film I always wanted.

Yup, exactly.

I think how they're dealing with Krypton as this sort of medieval era like world is brilliant. Very reminiscent of Thor or Lord of the Rings. It seems appropriate and fitting in tone, not "REALISTIC". And yeah, they'll most certainly be dealing with the reactions of the people that see Superman. I'd imagine that when he starts out, he's viewed as a threat (like the poster hints at). Not that that is necessarily the "realistic" response, just this world's response. The original Superman had it's citizens gasping in wonder and awe, which was proper for the world people lived in in the 70s. Now? Our times are much more cynical and fearing.

Or I could have just quoted DiFabio and said "yup!" :goodpost:

You call that a fight? :lol

Superman2ThrowingShield.jpg

That thing better be in the Man of Steel or no bueno.

You call that a fight? :lol

Superman2ThrowingShield.jpg

What do you want, it was the 70's when that was filmed. :lol

They made the world believe a man could fly.

All things considering, those 2 movies are classics.

Look at Superman Returns, all the cgi technology couldn't save that movie.

Superman 1/2 with no computers > Superman Returns

Here's hoping MOS steps up and becomes a classic.

Back