MAFEX Robocop 1/12 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you mean around the borders where the flesh wraps onto the metal?
yes, that. i'd make it maybe twice thinner.
though smaller scale actually usually lacks natural shadows and deep details, so it might even benefit the final product.

I might agree but otherwise it looks phenomenal. Terrific detail and the likeness appears to be there.

imagine you could work with 3d modelling on that level and just model that terminator face. :(

i'd say the skil layer is way too thick, it even casts its own shadow.
but at Mafex scale it won't be visible.

It's actually the machine part that needs to be slightly wider and I fixed that so now the skin layer is thinner ;)

Do you mean around the borders where the flesh wraps onto the metal? Or perhaps something about the forehead and top of the skull?

I might agree but otherwise it looks phenomenal. Terrific detail and the likeness appears to be there.

Thanks! It was modelled on top of proper reference so it's basically proportionally and feature-wise very accurate to Weller's face. I'll post comparison pics later on.

yes, that. i'd make it maybe twice thinner.
though smaller scale actually usually lacks natural shadows and deep details, so it might even benefit the final product.

imagine you could work with 3d modelling on that level and just model that terminator face. :(

Do you mean Arnold's face instead of Weller's like that deepfake vid? haha. I'm working on Arnold head sculpts too for NECA figures, both T1 and T2

Do you mean Arnold's face instead of Weller's like that deepfake vid? haha. I'm working on Arnold head sculpts too for NECA figures, both T1 and T2
nope, it was an answer to a-dev, he knows what it was about. you wouldn't survive our level of scrutiny and demands about a terminator face :lol
your job on that robocop head is great, and i'm hard to please (though it's obviously not something you should care about).

nope, it was an answer to a-dev, he knows what it was about. you wouldn't survive our level of scrutiny and demands about a terminator face :lol
your job on that robocop head is great, and i'm hard to please (though it's obviously not something you should care about).

Hahah well let's see then ;). What scale are you looking for? Also thanks! The Robocop head took a month and a half to do, in order to ensure maximum accuracy from every possible angle.

50023322998_99656dc5cd_z.jpg

Yeah, that whole thing took it out of me and in the end I was disappointed that I had to 'cheat' to achieve what I wanted - a fully realistic and '3D' picture. At the end of it all, sure I had a nice drawing, but it was supposed to serve as reference material for Arnold's likeness for T1 and T2 and instead it ended up being a direct copy of an existing picture of Governor Arnie - so why would anyone use my drawing as reference when they could go straight to the real image? I dunno.

And after spending all that time on a drawing the thought of learning how to use one of those 3d sculpting programs and then do it all again just daunted me too much.

Last edited:
Don't know if you see but GSC announced an ED 209 plastic kit for 2021/02. It is about 20cm tall (7,8 inches), pre-painted but requires assembly.
Seems really a mini HT in terms of shape and colour. But seems have less details than the Neca like less wires but better articulations.

https://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/9954/MODEROID+ED+209.html

Easy pass for me as i've got the Neca but maybe more in scale with the Mafex Robo as it is a little smaller than the NECA.

They will also make a robocop:

https://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/9955/HAGANE+WORKS+ROBOCOP.html

With torso and legs made in zinc. The stand is cool and the figure seems nicely done but the face is absolutly not weller and there is no shade in the paint.
But seems cool.

Nah, nothing can touch Mafex for Robo in this scale.

I would have bought that ED if it wasn't a model kit. It'll look like ass without a professional paint job, and I can't paint. So NECA stays.

Now then....no more bumping this thread. It gives me too much hope for a Weller unmasked Robo and that's just not fair.

Made a few screenshots of a small video of the mafex.
At distance, without knowing the scale, with the good pose and light, it could be mistaken with a higher end collectible figure.
Without a doubt one of the best figure at this scale and price range!

Back