MAFEX Robocop 1/12 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually don't mind not having it. I prefer to display my stuff with as close to movie accuracy as possible and we don't see him without his helmet until his entire body has sustained battle-damage - and Mafex haven't made that.

Though I guess it could be accurate if used with the Robocop 2 figure for the scenes in that film.

Thanks for answering A-Dev. From photos I've seen it looks like some have them and some don't but it's pretty hard to tell with the reflective nature of the paint in pictures. Someone has posted that in a Mafex group on FB. It is a custom head but not sure if it's seeing a run. I'd like one for sure.
you can have even two.
of course only if you're the biggest fan who wants the most realistic head sculpt.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/193117150299
2 x ALEX MURPHY HEAD MEDICOM MAFEX ROBOCOP ACTION FIGURES
Condition:New
Price:GBP 419.99
An insane amount of skill to produce something at this scale, if it's not in your budget, sorry.
NO OFFERS

Suit only the biggest fans who want the most realistic head sculpt.

can't deny his work is great though.

photos.app.goo.gl/6J8raCgMnZ6rWsCF8

On second thought, I"ll be fine without one and especially two! [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I don't think mine has that mark on it, but I don't have a pic that focuses on that area. As nice as that Murphy head is, there's no way I'm paying more than double the price of the figure just for one 1/12 head.

I initially thought the price included 2 full figures and said to myself ''well, it's expensive but a mafex figure is pricey enough as is''.

Then I scrolled down.

The work on this unmasked head is stunning but the price is crazy! :slap
Maybe it will give ideas to Medicom...

Why wouldn't he at least sell the heads separately so instead of having to spend over ?400 you'd ''only'' need to spend about ?200 (presumably)

In any case, just noticed he doesn't ship to Ireland. I've never heard of a UK seller refusing to ship to his next door neighbour before.

It's a decent enough looking head, but I agree that the entire body needs to be trashed for that Act 3 look from the first movie.

Just like Jack Nicholson Joker, it looks like Hot Toys is the only one that's ever gonna pull it off.

(And I passed on both when they were new, and now I'll never afford them. Crap.)

b7RlpQF.jpg

n8QoM65.jpg

JnXPx34.jpg

Just saw this at OSK: https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2167

$50 is kind of steep but it looks nicely done. Not 100% but pretty nice.

That actually looks better than what Mafex would do.

Is the $50 price tag for a painted head? I want to see it on the figure.

Working on a very movie accurate Weller for MAFEX and NECA head since none exist at the moment!

95662989_10157163258727423_2930284189800464384_o.jpg

I just opened my MAFEX Robocop and Robocop 2 figures for the first time after having them in the shipper box for what feels like years now. :lol

What an amazing pair of action figures these are. I’m blown away by them. I opened up Robocop 2 first and as soon as I pulled it out of the plastic coffin I had this big stupid grin on my face. Posing the figure, seeing the Cain brain and nuke, I haven’t had this much fun with toys in a while. The amount of detail on Robocop and Robocop 2 for six inch figures is just incredible. First time in a while that I actually feel like these are money well spent. I can’t get over how well made these guys are. The joints are smooth without being too tight or too loose. All the swappable parts like the helmets, mouth pieces, thigh holster and hands swap out smoothly and easily. Not once did I feel like I was handling something fragile, a far cry from most of the Robocop figures I own. I love the sheen of the armors on both of these and honestly don’t know which one I like more. The purple and blue hues on both are majestic and I love the battle damaged parts on both of them. They pose exceptionally well too. I love how the different releases have specific hands for certain accessories. I must have tried every possible variation from “your move creep” after just upholstering his gun to “we’re only human” with the damaged helmet and wrench. There is so much value here.

I just ordered Robocop 3 before it eventually sells out. I hate the movie but I was looking at pics/videos of it and again, it just looks like a completely solid action figure. I wanna mess with that OCP jetpack and gun arm and compare it to the Robocop 1 and 2 releases. If I’m not feeling the Robocop 3 parts, I’m just going to put the Robocop 1 damage helmet and chest plate on it and have it go up against my NECA ED-209.

Between the three releases I’ve spent probably $230 USD. Assuming I have no issues with the Robocop 3 or and the QC is fine, I’d say these have been the best bang for your buck as far as Robocop goes. These two MAFEX Robo figures are my favorites tied with the Hot Toys Battle Damaged Murphy and Office Murphy two pack. They’re so good. IF MAFEX made a 4th Robocop using this body, I’d buy a battle damaged with unmasked head and Weller likeness in a heartbeat.

I really wish Hot Toys did their joints for Robocop like Medicom did for these Mafex figures. I just don’t understand why Hot Toys thought it would be good to do the joints with rubber and brittle, clear plastic ball joints. It’s just maddening to me.

Back