MAFEX Robocop 1/12 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll keep an eye on stock levels. Now isn't a good time for me to buy a Mafex Robocop. I had the R2 on preorder but cancelled for budget/'should I really buy yet another scale' reasons but Rondesmo's post has me thinking about it again.

Sorry the purpose wasn’t to make you spend money... :monkey3

It was just a personal feeling.

:wink1:

Seriously?

Because we talk everywhere about this wrong color.

https://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2015/02/what-color-was-robocop-in-original-1987.html?m=1

https://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2015/02/review-1-hot-toys-movie-masterpiece.html?m=1

https://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2015/08/hot-toys-16th-scale-robocop-die-cast.html?m=1

For have had the BD damaged in hand, it is exactly what shows the review, so the classic die cast should be too.

Once again the figure is great I don’t deny it, I do not criticize the sculpt or engeneering or shape but just the color. HT made it silver instead of grey/metal/blue.
The color is wrong.
But i understand you enjoy the figure. It is still amazing.

And the mafex is not perfect. But closer to reality in terms of paint IMO. It is just frustrating that a 80$ figure is more accurate in terms of paint than a 280€ figure.

I remember exactly, my «*seriously*» was ironical. :wink1:

I know that on your pics it makes the job because of the good lighting. But what I wished was a «*real*» grey/blue/metal just out of the box and don’t have to trick to make it appear the good color.
But anyway, I got my opinion, you’ve got yours that’s life. And you seem a very cool and nice guy, so I won’t talk about that anymore.

I’ve got the mafex and i’m very pleased with and you’ve got the HT ( you win lol :wink1: ) and you’re pleased. That’s the most important.

nope, most important is what i said from the beginning:
- final product doesn't differ from that prototype photo
- final product differs a lot from those overflashed photos you look at
- prototype differs a lot from photoshopped superdeep blue advertisement photos (which everybody believed would be the final product and thus were disappointed).
it's not an opinion, it's facts.
same as him being too bright and chromy is a fact.
though everything i see in this thread about Mafex Robocop shows he's as bright and chromy as HT one. but i've never seen him in person, and i already learned not to believe photos when it comes to "metal" paint.
ok, it's definitely not most important, i just got a little too hyped from a very important task of trying to prove something online :slap

Yeah you’re right, there certainly was no blue /metal prototype but very photoshopped pics for the PO advertising.
And you’re right the review is maybe a little too exposed in terms of light.
«*Mea Culpa*»

But you’re absolutely right, it’s too bright and too chromy! :wink1:

Stock was running low again on BBTS so I ordered a Mafex Robocop a couple of weeks back and received him today. Now that I have him I completely agree with Rondesmo's review - terrific little figure.

Pros

-All the display options of Hot Toys (minus the chair)
-as much articulation as you're gonna get out of Robocop (nice elbow bend and you can raise the shoulders up - maybe not quite as high as in the movie but reasonably)
-little to no fear of breakage. He feels solid but not brittle
-the alternate parts switch out very easily
-I'm gonna file it under pro - the paint isn't bad. It's obviously not Dark Spidey (Hot Toys repaints) calibre but it's fine

Cons

-Slight seams on the helmets, not too bad though
-on mine, his lower left leg seems to bend outwards slightly. If the ankles weren't poseable this could've been more annoying than it is but with the articulation I can work with it, it's not a return case.

I'll order the Robocop 2 and 3 figures aswell after I pay my CC down a bit.

Very pleased that you?re happy with it! Yeah it?s a near perfect Robocop. And yes the paint is very good for a 70? figure.

Rogerbee is right, a BD unmasked would be awesome.
Yeah a Mafex ED would had been cool. Personally I picked the Neca ( their ED is awesome, not their Robo...:dunno) It is just a little bigger in scale but it works!

You tend not to notice the size difference between them. I intend to pose them together when I get room. This is my favourite shot of them both:

Ed & Robo 0003.JPG

I'm afraid I have no pics of my own to share. The camera that I've had for years has now really gone into disrepair, the lens cover had broken off and now its dirtied and scratched to hell.

The enthusiasm for the figure still hasn't worn off, same for the Mafex 'Big Chap' Alien. This company (and I guess this scale aswell) now has my attention.

Just curious, when I received my Robocop ver.1 there was a mold imperfection visible on the collar. I've seen other photos and videos with the same mark. Does anyone have a copy of the figure without the "defect"? Not my photo but an example of what I'm talking about.
aee044e115b1348206094535f5b220ea.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks for answering A-Dev. From photos I've seen it looks like some have them and some don't but it's pretty hard to tell with the reflective nature of the paint in pictures. Someone has posted that in a Mafex group on FB. It is a custom head but not sure if it's seeing a run. I'd like one for sure.

Back