MADAME WEB (another Sony stinker)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It makes me so happy to see crap Sony marvel movies fail.
This is me Everytime I see another Sony film bomb and get dragged through the mud

IMG_2198.jpeg

Could be worse, he could have been getting a handy off his date while watching beetlejuice.

I went to see it. Had to see what all the commotion was about.

Yep it’s bad. Like really bad. A step above Catwoman

It wasn’t as funny bad as Catwoman and it was way more boring than The Marvels.

It’s really was like watching a train wreck. I can’t believe the writers think they don’t get paid enough. :lol

It’s really was like watching a train wreck. I can’t believe the writers think they don’t get paid enough. :lol
It's easy to be an armchair critic of course, and writers don't make movies by themselves. . .but, the primary writers hired to do this were responsible for this (13% Rotten Tomatoes score), Morbius (15%), the Last Witch Hunter (17%), Dracula Untold (25%), and Gods of Egypt (14%). I'm sensing a trend here.

So, maybe they know where the bodies are buried? If not, it's pretty dang hard to understand why executives making multi-million dollar decisions on movies don't use evidence and better judgment when moving forward with something. Or maybe they have really horrible, personal taste and are just waiting for the public to catch up with them?

But Sony (minus their Into the animated Multiverse team--paradoxically a couple of the best superhero films I've ever seen) has been so clueless for so long that I really expect this to happen. And from my point of view, Venom isn't far removed from this other garbage they are pumping out. Yes, it has a 30% on RT, but the only major difference is that the character is very popular to begin with and they have a really good, charismatic actor at the helm. Change the name and look of Venom and cast him with someone less talented and I think that movie gets a rating on par with Morbius and Madame Web.

It's easy to be an armchair critic of course, and writers don't make movies by themselves. . .but, the primary writers hired to do this were responsible for this (13% Rotten Tomatoes score), Morbius (15%), the Last Witch Hunter (17%), Dracula Untold (25%), and Gods of Egypt (14%). I'm sensing a trend here.

I liked Dracula Untold. Wish the story went further into sequels, etc.

IMHO, a story about Ben Parker and misdirect about Peter's mother would have been super interesting. Too bad they didn't go in that direction. Within every "bad movie', I truly believe at least a passable film is hidden somewhere inside of it. Just unrealized potential

Sony just sucks period.
Raimi era was all raimi
Webb movies were his take until they stepped in and destroyed it
Spiderverse movies are animated and they don’t meddle in them .

Whst have they done that makes people think they deserve the rights? The next film is freaking kraven. Dude gets bit by a lion and gets powers. What kinda dumb writing is that?

They literally got the transformers writer/ avi arad and Amy pascal working on these things. They must have some heavy dirt on people cause how are they not fired?

When you are responsible for making Spider-Man almost irrelevant in 2014 then you should be fired .

Avi arad is a senile old dude stuck in the 00s get him the eff off Spider-Man

So my youngest wanted to watch The Dark Knight trilogy again. He was younger when he saw them and he doesn’t really to remember them.

So I watched Batman Begins on Sat and The Dark Knight on Monday.

Guess what I saw in between on Sunday. :lol :lol :lol

A bad film made even worse when sandwiched between those two :lol

So, maybe they know where the bodies are buried? If not, it's pretty dang hard to understand why executives making multi-million dollar decisions on movies don't use evidence and better judgment when moving forward with something. Or maybe they have really horrible, personal taste and are just waiting for the public to catch up with them?

But Sony (minus their Into the animated Multiverse team--paradoxically a couple of the best superhero films I've ever seen) has been so clueless for so long that I really expect this to happen. And from my point of view, Venom isn't far removed from this other garbage they are pumping out. Yes, it has a 30% on RT, but the only major difference is that the character is very popular to begin with and they have a really good, charismatic actor at the helm. Change the name and look of Venom and cast him with someone less talented and I think that movie gets a rating on par with Morbius and Madame Web.
Hmm... I actually don't have a problem with The Last Witch Hunter, Dracula Untold and Gods of Egypt. They're not good, but they are entertaining... Maybe I should go and watch this one :lol

Back