Another (huge) Lego AT-AT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm starting to get back into lego a bit, mainly just the SW UCS stuff (Building the A wing now) I saw the AT-AT in person and it's pretty cool, but not £700 cool. I think I'm going to grab the new UCS Star Destroyer next time there's a discount on it, it's been down close to £500 a few times already.

Regarding the AT-AT's, I love Richboy Jhae's MOC. I think it looks better than Lego's own set, the leg articulation doesn't bother me at all. On a set this size, I'd rather have stability, I doubt I'd move them much anyway after the innitial setup, and even then I'd try to get them in a similar position to said MOC anyway. I'm going to try a few smaller moc sets to see how I get on (The Marauder shuttle etc) Then I might go all in on that AT-AT.

I know it's massive but why is it as much as the ucs millennium falcon?!

Price per piece is a bit of a myth since one piece can be a 1x1 stud or a massive plate.

The AT-AT has fewer pieces but weighs close to the Falcon. Not quite as much, but it’s a lot of plastic.

Aside from that, because things only get more expensive and it’ll sell regardless.

If the AT-AT had come out in 2017 alongside the Falcon, it might’ve been a little less. 5 years is a big difference though. The UCS Falcon if released today would cost more.

I went to the lego store in London while we were down there over Christmas, I was hoping to see the Star Destroyer in person, but they didn't have one built up. They did however have the AT-AT and the Falcon. I have to say, the Falcon is definitely more impressive in both size and detail imo. This doesn't help the price of the AT-AT, although they did reduce it by £50 after the innitial outcry. It's still too much.

I went to the lego store in London while we were down there over Christmas, I was hoping to see the Star Destroyer in person, but they didn't have one built up. They did however have the AT-AT and the Falcon. I have to say, the Falcon is definitely more impressive in both size and detail imo. This doesn't help the price of the AT-AT, although they did reduce it by £50 after the innitial outcry. It's still too much.
I agree 100%

I've seen both in person and the AT AT, whilst being very impressive, is just an AT AT

The millennium falcon is huge, so much more intricate and expensive enough as it is

I've seen both in person and the AT AT, whilst being very impressive, is just an AT AT

You'll hurt its feelings! :lol

I love AT-ATs so I love this set, but I get it. I think it just looks deceptively simple because they did such a good job on making it look as not LEGO as possible.

I think I appreciate them all pretty equally.

Falcon has sheer presence. Still haven't built ours, but looked at the store display one a lot. ISD looks properly menacing, even though it's been really difficult to display properly.

If someone asked me which one to get if they could only get one, I'd probably tell them Falcon, though.

Aside from the most expensive sets, my favorites would be the UCS Imperial Shuttle and Slave I (I prefer minifig scale), followed closely by the Y-Wing, Snowspeeder, and Cantina.

Least favorite is trying to find space to display them.

You'll hurt its feelings! :lol

I love AT-ATs so I love this set, but I get it. I think it just looks deceptively simple because they did such a good job on making it look as not LEGO as possible.

I think I appreciate them all pretty equally.

Falcon has sheer presence. Still haven't built ours, but looked at the store display one a lot. ISD looks properly menacing, even though it's been really difficult to display properly.

If someone asked me which one to get if they could only get one, I'd probably tell them Falcon, though.

Aside from the most expensive sets, my favorites would be the UCS Imperial Shuttle and Slave I (I prefer minifig scale), followed closely by the Y-Wing, Snowspeeder, and Cantina.

Least favorite is trying to find space to display them.
Don't get me wrong, the engineering and design is fantastic. It's just not in the same league as falcon IMO

I can't compare as my Falcon is still in the box, but I built the AT AT over Christmas and I love it. Amazing design inside and out. This holds 40 Snowtroopers. I'm impressed and would buy again in a heartbeat. I can imagine a lot of nice Hoth diorama displays with this beast.

Back