LOST discussion - thar be spoilers ahead!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler tags never hurt.

Great episode!! :) I just can't believe not a hint of Ben or Richard though. :(

Loved the sidways dialogue between Jack and Mr. Locke.

The part where jack says to Locke
Spoiler Spoiler:
sent chills down my spine.

Yeah, I'm wondering how much John remembered. He was at least dreaming the other universe, and what Jack said seemed to spark something in his subconscious.

Wonder why he isn't wondering outright. I mean, he had his 'near death experience.'

to quote Darth Caedus

ihasamega128627047974349078.jpg

Just to play it safe for the next 24 hrs....courtesy to those who haven't seen the new episode yet.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Just to play it safe for the next 24 hrs....courtesy to those who haven't seen the new episode yet.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

And I agree with pretty much everything you said. I 'mirror' your feelings.

Now where the hell is Ben??!!

I think that Sayid's character has always gone back and forth on the good/evil spectrum. He tries to resist his violent tendencies, then somebody tells him he's a killer and asks him to do a little dirty work, which he does (often with some justification). Then he has some guilt/remorse and tries to change. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I don't think his "infection" was terminal, and he still had his free will, as always. His conscience was numbed throughout much of this season, but I think that his chat with Desmond did him some good--and we saw tonight that he still had the capacity to choose to help/save his friends.

Spoiler Spoiler:

My nit as well, he was "poisoned" or whatever, how can he all of a sudden turn "good."

:dunno

I believe Hurley covered this with the comment that "anyone can come back from the dark side. Like Anakin." lol

I also noticed that he was watching Smokey very closely, always questioning him as to what was going on, etc. It seems to me that he'd been weighing this the entire time.

Spoiler Spoiler:

You make a good point about Ji Yeon. Didn't they specifically mention that she was with her grandmother in this episode. Maybe that was meant to ease our mind on the subject.

Last night's episode was awesome for me! :yess:

Can't wait to see next weeks episode...is it here yet?!? :impatient:

:goodpost:

I think that Sayid's character has always gone back and forth on the good/evil spectrum. He tries to resist his violent tendencies, then somebody tells him he's a killer and asks him to do a little dirty work, which he does (often with some justification). Then he has some guilt/remorse and tries to change. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I don't think his "infection" was terminal, and he still had his free will, as always. His conscience was numbed throughout much of this season, but I think that his chat with Desmond did him some good--and we saw tonight that he still had the capacity to choose to help/save his friends.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I agree with all of that. As Sayid said: "No I am not a zombie." So his true self was in there, it just needed someone to draw it out. And that someone was Desmond.

Spoiler Spoiler:

:peace

Last edited:
Spoiler Spoiler:

:peace

No it's not a rule. But concerning the magnitude of what happened in this episode we are trying to play it safe for those who haven't seen it yet.

With that said, all must be warned that for the rest of the season once an episode airs don't expect spoiler tags. So if you miss the show and watch it the next day or it airs later for you than other places.....avoid this thread until you see each new episode!!!

Now where the hell are Desmond and Ben? :cuss

Desmond is still in that well, and it seems that Jack and MIB will be racing each other to get there.

Ben, Richard and Miles left a few weeks ago to get some explosives from the barracks and then head to Hydra Island to blow up the plane. I totally expected to see them this week, but no such luck. (Ben is a great character that has been terribly underused this season, and Richard's promotion to full time cast member hasn't paid off like I anticipated.)

Normally, I would expect an upcoming episode that plays catch up from their perspective, showing them rig the explosives in the plane and then maybe get captured by Widmore. (Maybe Richard was the one who gave his former leader the list of candidates. I'd like to see their reunion.)

But with so little time left on the show, I fear we might not have a spare episode to focus on these guys.

I had a dream that the finale ends with them floating along a river to a small shanty town and there's multiple old versions of all the characters that have died on the show, all wandering aimlessly down a path, like they're walking away from the town. They showed Old Locke, Old Sun and Jin.

And then I jumped up and down yelling "I was right, oh yeah, I was right." Then, I woke up.

Back