LIMTOYS - Outlaws From The West - The Cowboy 1/6 scale collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sharing this set piece I just spotted. It'll fit snug into a Detolf if that's your case. It's nice in that the two pieces can be purchased or positioned separately.

View attachment 608563 View attachment 608564
View attachment 608565

It could compliment your Gunslinger or Cowboy figures nicely. Past ones Asmus' The Door of Haberdashery and the older 2012 Triad Boone Town Saloon.

View attachment 608560 View attachment 608562
I saw that kaustic plastic diorama but I think it is a bit too pricey for what it is

Couldn't comment exactly my thoughts as I'm working atm (at lunch now) but as I said before the figure looks great both sculpts look great, as far as clothes are concerned the pants need work, and that's probably only it but I would also hope he came with a few more bare hands as other then just two. I'm going to get this I really hope people don't start to complain when Nate is announced because I've waited to long for Lim to make him and no one is ******* that up for me. Lmao
Can't wait for nate

Absolutely love this! Instant PO!

Here are my thoughts:

Big fan of both headsculpts. I would consider calling the second one "1911" instead of "1907" as the original game takes place in 1911. 1907 is when the epilogue takes place, which the 1899 head resembles more. The promo shots do look like something is a bit off in the RDR1 sculpt (which is bound to happen when you change the style of a character, and the original Red Dead is definitely stylized due to its age) but the in-hand shots of it look SPECTACULAR. Definitely keep both headsculpts.

I do have a critique about John's 1899 appearance. Below is an image of the model I believe the promo shots are based off of:
deo56gg-ec29f2cc-b609-4c1c-849e-43679d3d57c8.png

Issues with accuracy of the 1899 model in promo shots:
*John wears a black shirt when he has the vest and jacket, to my knowledge he never wears a white shirt with the jacket and vest
*In 1899, I don't think John ever wears his red bandana or gloves (aside from a ragtag pair of gloves in Colter)
*John has a different holster in 1899
*John's pants in 1899 are a slightly different pattern

Will be pre-ordering this for sure. Love the look of it and how much you guys care. Will be one of my most prizes figures. I just wanted to put my thoughts in.

The above image reminded me of this promo photo of Arthur:

LIM Toys RDR2 Arthur Morgan 8.jpg

I always liked this option but didn't do it with either the LiM or the VTS as I buttoned them both up against the cold.

Still have a spare LiM winter coat so could use it on John, with his leather vest underneath as the 'bad boy biker' denim vest will likely only find itself on a kit bashed modern figure.

This shot gives the impression, still showing off enough of the tooled leatherwork:

LIM John Marston 5.jpg

It's the dark sections on the coat lapels I don't like. For me they create an optical illusion that throws off the shape of the coat, and gives the impression that it's falling off his shoulders. That, plus the bell bottom trousers (which are going to be re-tailored) gave me a bad reaction. :lol

Just so you know I will buy any and all 1/6 Red Dead Redemption figures by LIM, and I know others here are on the same page. You guys have the passion and the talent to produce figures of these characters that no other 1/6 company has

You can charge me silly prices for a Charles and Sadie and I'll buy them, I just don't think any other company could do them justice at this point.
The price point for future figures shall become a major factor if not already as many begin to feel the impact of recession. LIM Toys have to balance what they deliver and the price, easier said than done.

The above image reminded me of this promo photo of Arthur:

View attachment 608587

I always liked this option but didn't do it with either the LiM or the VTS as I buttoned them both up against the cold.

Still have a spare LiM winter coat so could use it on John, with his leather vest underneath as the 'bad boy biker' denim vest will likely only find itself on a kit bashed modern figure.

This shot gives the impression, still showing off enough of the tooled leatherwork:

View attachment 608588

It's the dark sections on the coat lapels I don't like. For me they create an optical illusion that throws off the shape of the coat, and gives the impression that it's falling off his shoulders. That, plus the bell bottom trousers (which are going to be re-tailored) gave me a bad reaction. :lol
Looks real good to me.

Limtoys LIM011 1/6 Scale John The Cowboy

The Cowboy - 1/6 Scale Figure:

Figure:

1 x Young head sculpt

1 x Old head scult

4 x Hair pieces

1 x Original 1/6 male body

7 x Gloved hands

- 2 Shooting hands

- 2 Relaxed hands

- 1 Grabbing hand

- 1 Holding hand

- 1 Gun spinning hand

2 x Normal hands

- 1 Shooting hand

- 1 Relaxed hand

Clothes:

1 x Weathered white shirt

1 x Red Neckerchief

1 x Denim blue vest

1 x Buckskin orange vest

1 x Grey shotgun coat

1 x Striped grey pants

1 x Pair of cowboy boots w/spurs

1 x leather bandolier

1 x leather waist belt

1 x back holster

1 x leather gunbelt w/ holsters

1 x Satchel

Weapons:

1 x Custom cattleman revolver

1 x Custom Sawed-off shotgun

1 x Custom Winchester repeater

1 x Schofield revolver

1 x Bowie knife

Accessories:

1 x Classic grey hat

1 x Weathered white hat

1 x Reutlinger pocket watch

1 x Plate of stew w/spoon

1 x Can of strawberries

1 x Fishing rod w/string

1 x Fish

1 x West. D Tonic

1 x Special miracle tonic

1 x Detonator

1 x Cowboy Squirrel

1x Shotgun shells

10 x Rifle cartridges

1 x Diorama display base

Pre-ordered along with sickly Arthur.

These kinds of figures are the most fun to get, because of the display options and possibilities for creating other figures.

Like a box of parts as opposed to most Hot Toys figures that go from box to shelf with barely a thought.

Me too :)
2024 will be a really interesting year then. Lims John and GTs Death Note.
Who knows what will follow.

Joel,Ellie and Nathan :love
I'm gonna be so poor lol y'all donate bread,starving.

:lecture

This is where's it's at now with my collecting focus.

Having ditched the huge universe of 1/6 Star Wars collecting I'm concentrating more on 'real world' figures - Western and WWII, but also 'real world' figures in fantasy/post-apocalyptic settings such as TLOU, Uncharted, Tomb Raider, Stranger Things.

I blame Luthen's quote from Andor: "Wouldn't you rather give it all at once to something real than carve off useless pieces till there's nothing left?" :lol

:lecture

This is where's it's at now with my collecting focus.

Having ditched the huge universe of 1/6 Star Wars collecting I'm concentrating more on 'real world' figures - Western and WWII, but also 'real world' figures in fantasy/post-apocalyptic settings such as TLOU, Uncharted, Tomb Raider, Stranger Things.

I blame Luthen's quote from Andor: "Wouldn't you rather give it all at once to something real than carve off useless pieces till there's nothing left?" :lol
Same, cancelled a lot of random preorders of statues and anime plastic figures I'd never put on display,can't have it all,need to make decisions based on my priorities. I collect so much stuff need to limit myself otherwise gonna end up under the bridge. When I was a kid my family was poor so I always wanted some toys I never had, now that ''trauma'' is stuck in my head and whenever I see shiny stuff I want it lol but recently started to control it,I'm proud of my cancelled preorders lol

Same, cancelled a lot of random preorders of statues and anime plastic figures I'd never put on display,can't have it all,need to make decisions based on my priorities. I collect so much stuff need to limit myself otherwise gonna end up under the bridge. When I was a kid my family was poor so I always wanted some toys I never had, now that ''trauma'' is stuck in my head and whenever I see shiny stuff I want it lol but recently started to control it,I'm proud of my cancelled preorders lol

Collecting is addictive.

After years of buying Star Wars figures I realised that I was doing it out of habit, and that when they arrived I wasn't thrilled with them at all. While they looked good on display I didn't feel any connection to them. I feel liberated after cancelling a load of Star Wars pre-orders.

I also used to buy a lot random figures just because they looked good, but it's folly most of the time.

Historical figures in particular are much more engaging. Firstly there's the research to check accuracy and the background history they represent; then there's the building of the figure (as opposed to pulling a Hot Toys from the box as a practically display ready item).

RDR figures are a little different because of their videogame source, but as with their weapons they're close enough to get away with. The Schofield in this set, for example, is a selling point because I don't yet have one (apart from a 1:1 replica on the wall).

Collecting is addictive.

After years of buying Star Wars figures I realised that I was doing it out of habit, and that when they arrived I wasn't thrilled with them at all. While they looked good on display I didn't feel any connection to them. I feel liberated after cancelling a load of Star Wars pre-orders.

I also used to buy a lot random figures just because they looked good, but it's folly most of the time.

Historical figures in particular are much more engaging. Firstly there's the research to check accuracy and the background history they represent; then there's the building of the figure (as opposed to pulling a Hot Toys from the box as a practically display ready item).

RDR figures are a little different because of their videogame source, but as with their weapons they're close enough to get away with. The Schofield in this set, for example, is a selling point because I don't yet have one (apart from a 1:1 replica on the wall).
I can relate.I have various collections,Q poskets,Nendoroids,figmas,Jim Shore figurines,Disney limited edition dolls and many other random stuff I collected through years,they don't bring as much joy as they used to and it's not only my fault,quality dropped drastically. However 1/6 figures give me life,especially now when I'm an adult and value the production and art quality. I can't lie,I don't have lot of hot toys,my main collection is third party and mostly game characters,characters who don't get lot of attention,in this way collection feels unique. They always make me smile whenever I see them and seems this is my final stop.Also this community is nice and mature, which I like too. Thanks to Limtoys for giving us this joy,which is priceless! Feels like Xmas came earlier! :rock :1-1: :rock

I can relate.I have various collections,Q poskets,Nendoroids,figmas,Jim Shore figurines,Disney limited edition dolls and many other random stuff I collected through years,they don't bring as much joy as they used to and it's not only my fault,quality dropped drastically. However 1/6 figures give me life,especially now when I'm an adult and value the production and art quality. I can't lie,I don't have lot of hot toys,my main collection is third party and mostly game characters,characters who don't get lot of attention,in this way collection feels unique. They always make me smile whenever I see them and seems this is my final stop.Also this community is nice and mature, which I like too. Thanks to Limtoys for giving us this joy,which is priceless! Feels like Xmas came earlier! :rock :1-1: :rock

I used to have a lot of collections too. Various series of smaller figures both loose and carded, 1/32 military, farm and zoo animals, vintage Mego figures. I seemed to have a mass of all sorts that was just languishing in the attic when all I was really interested in was 1/6.

So I gradually sold it all off to a toy dealer. It was good feeling seeing it all disappear box by box!

I have other collections that aren't going anywhere - militaria, badges, medals, coins and guns - but I stopped adding to them. 1/6 is my hobby.

Ever since I had Action Man / GI Joe as a kid I thought that size of figure was the perfect one for detail, display and collectability.

Being able to focus on one scale is a start to limiting the temptation to buy things, but then the 1/6 world itself exploded into what it is today. Temptation everywhere! :lol

Back