LIMTOYS - Outlaws From The West - The Cowboy 1/6 scale collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AM was basically completely reworked yes, as well as several of our figures, if people know our stuff they know we're one of the few brands who try to improve upon the prototype because we really care about these characters so we don't mind the constructive criticism just feels like as of late there's been tons of nitpicking on the forums as as whole and I myself have been guilty of it too but just seems like things were more appreciated some years ago than they are now, if we had announced the 2019 AM proto now I honestly would expected a much more negative response.

You don't have to pre-order if you don't like it, really nobody is forcing you to, especially if you just don't like the design in general which is something we can't do anything about unfortunately.

I can't speak for nit picking in terms of sculpt, or anything game related, as that never concerned me. I think you set the bar high with Arthur.

I'm trying to imagine the figure with narrower trousers, or at least more uniformly fuller, and wearing just the suede/leather vest.

Since the trousers are going to be amended I think it would transform the look of the figure.

The pants will be fixed.

:woo

You get it after doing a few very rage inducing hunting missions for an old taxidermist lady, JM is quite fond of it and thinks it's "art" much to the dislike of his wife who constantly hides is in the most outlandish places, including a mountain top, once you find and retrieve the squirrel from all it's hiding places you get the "It's Art" trophy for your efforts.

That sounds hiliarious!

:lol

I mean you won't find a pickier or more criticizing bunch than this forum so wouldn't really let it discourage for any future plans. Don't see anything wrong with people expressing their thoughts as well. Won't ever see a figure get 100% full praise top to bottom.

Only thing I would note on something to be tweaked on is perhaps the bottom of the pants. I think they're just a bit too exaggerated and could be a little more tapered but maybe it's correct as is. Will get him to display him with Arthur as he needs a companion figure!

I'm actually digging the 1907 look the most. Please don't consider scrapping that head.

416964-23.jpg
I think it is better maybe to widen the middle rather then shrink the ends personally

This would be a two figure PO for me. I would use one for the 1899 and the other for the 1907. I think it’s smart for Lim to include both heads. You’re almost getting John from two different games in one package.

VTS shares some of the items but Lim definitely beats them with the quality of theirs. Detonator, fishing rod and fish looks great.

This makes me want to sell my VTS figure now lol..
Glad they added the detonator with this!

If I can offer some feedback on it. I think a bit more of an overall straight relaxed fit might look better for the pants. What's probably making the pants stick out a bit is how tight it is on the thighs and then it being too bubbly at the ankle. Gives his pants a big bubble flared look. I don't remember how his pants were in RDR2 so I might be wrong here. Correct me if the following image isn't his RDR1 look in 2. I think something more in line with the pants here might look better for the figure.

9vs85hbc5f681.png

yO3FNOk.png
zGqaFWm.png

And I honestly think the 1907 sculpt is better than the other, with the hat on. Don't think I would even get this figure if it only had the RDR2 look personally. People have a weird nostaglic idea of how he looked in the first game, which was much more cartoonish in nature. I think you guys did a great job. His RDR1 sculpt just had a permanent scolded eyebrow attached to his face.

xm22w1n.png
z
SfvZsUg.png
EXACTLY

pants I think personally should be widened at the knees because it is giving off skinney pants feeling

The headsculpt I do like but if they decide to change the expression for a scowl.. that might help convince others and Id be down for that if possible.

View attachment 608450

The pants are like that in the first one and more skin tight in the second which looks even weirder imo.
I think they look better in the second game, personally.

Other than that I think it looks amazing, really outdid yourselves and I’m glad we’re finally getting a 1/6 John.

Last edited:
AM was basically completely reworked yes, as well as several of our figures, if people know our stuff they know we're one of the few brands who try to improve upon the prototype because we really care about these characters so we don't mind the constructive criticism just feels like as of late there's been tons of nitpicking on the forums as as whole and I myself have been guilty of it too but just seems like things were more appreciated some years ago than they are now, if we had announced the 2019 AM proto now I honestly would expected a much more negative response.

You don't have to pre-order if you don't like it, really nobody is forcing you to, especially if you just don't like the design in general which is something we can't do anything about unfortunately.
I agree with all you have said. I am pleased with all you have done and continue to do for those interested in the western genre, you have no equals.

Damn. I dont know if dutch would have sold that well but he would have been a nice figure for sure. Also I like the RDR1 headsculpt.
For what it may be worth my gut tells me Dutch is a character most wish to see. If LIM Toys decide not to create Dutch it will be in part because the collectors have shot themselves in the foot. I know when we have a good thing with LIM Toys, why spoil it?

I love the figure as is and it's a instant pre-order, given that you have resurrected what is by modern standards an ancient model you guys have done amazing. It has that feel from a R* game and sure the bell bottoms look a little funky but I think that was an homage to the films from that 70s era. I think the problem here is the hype has greatly inflamed expectations. I sincerely doubt we would have got this figure at all, let alone with the epic sculpts and awesome pre order bonus.

I can't imagine a company getting a sculpt this good, let's look at what the closest competitor was and we even got a JM kit bash head from them at it was bad.

You guys make great VG figures I have all your MGS ones (and will buy everything you make in that line) I adore both my AM's and further to that I greatly anticipate your ND it's a massive shame that you are cancelling the Dutch figure, but thats business.

Final point, this figure was a huge creative task to do, with a niche market to back it up in very uncertain financial times. it's a well-loved character, with an old model. You made it happen thank you !

For what it may be worth my gut tells me Dutch is a character most wish to see. If LIM Toys decide not to create Dutch it will be in part because the collectors have shot themselves in the foot. I know when we have a good thing with LIM Toys, why spoil it?

Who's Dutch?

[Googles Dutch Red Dead]

Is this his classic look?

red.jpg
red_dead_redemption_2_official_33.0.jpg

red2.jpg

That looks like it would make a good figure.

I was interested in seeing LIM's version of Sadie too. The present alternative was only good for making an 'angry vengeful teen'...

52289678676_e639e3745c_o.jpg

Kim Coates as Butler in Open Range reminds me in some ways of Dutch and it is not just the hat. If LIM Toys do not proceed with Dutch maybe VTS will pick up the mantle for those that seek a figure of the Dutch Likeness. It may be the opportunity to move away from the games and create a collection of Western figures being free of limitations and potential licensing issues. I for one like to create my own figures using different parts, it is for me the interest the fun which is all.

Something LIM excels at is woodgrain:

416937-5.jpg

The weapons that came with Arthur were in a class of their own with regards to the wood and metalwork finish.

The tooled leatherwork is also very nice on this figure.

There are some interesting and unusual accessories, as with the can of tasty looking strawberries and the plate of food. The S&W Schofield is a big attraction, even though it may not be absolutely identical to real world versions of the Model No. 3.

The option of two hats is another bonus, helpful in the creation of new characters, as was the inclusion of a second pair of boots with Arthur.

I reckon so my friend looks grand to me. The Dutch news is a great shame. It looks like the shells are the same as for Arthur, the best rifle shells I have seen I hope that LIM Toys may offer extra shell sets in the fullness of time.

Back