Let's talk Samurai figures & related

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JPT Cave.jpg

I am beginning to become fascinated by Noe Theater. This is cave diorama is a mash up of Grandma Samurai, Knell, and a custom prisoner figure that I made with a kabuki mask. I think he fits into the aesthetic well. So many of these designs, IMO, are timeless, and speak to a part of human history that to me is rarely discussed: The closed borders of Japan for centuries, the slow opening up and the wars that followed

I’d not be surprised at all if Pop Toys makes figures from Shogun, especially Lord Toranaga, Blackthorne and Mariko.
That’s inspiring to hear. Cosmo Jarvis is excellent in his role. I would add him in a minute. The whole show is wonderful and top tier programming. Those would be three good figures to add to a collection. How would they dress “Blackthorne”? Casually in the brownish clothes? We’ve not seen him in any armor yet.

Last edited:
That’s inspiring to hear. Cosmo Jarvis is excellent in his role. I would add him in a minute. The whole show is wonderful and top tier programming. Those would be three good figures to add to a collection. How would they dress “Blackthorne”? Casually in the brownish clothes? We’ve not seen him in any armor yet.
I'd think his brownish Japanese clothes and the dark red top, probably with his pistols too, like so?

Screenshot 2024-04-07 at 21-01-32 IGN - FX Shogun.png

In addition to Toranaga and Mariko, I'd hope to see Buntaro as well.

Unless they change something from the book, Blackthorne doesn’t wear any armour, so it’d most likely be his kimono, daisho and pistols.

Thank you man! Here’s hoping for more samurai and Three Kingdoms figures to come!
Definitely these are my favorite type of threads. Hoping to see more awesome figures that don’t get as much attention. I’ve always enjoyed seeing the Three Kingdoms stuff, even though I don’t own any. Not that I haven’t thought about it, but so many figures and so little money and space :lol

Definitely these are my favorite type of threads. Hoping to see more awesome figures that don’t get as much attention. I’ve always enjoyed seeing the Three Kingdoms stuff, even though I don’t own any. Not that I haven’t thought about it, but so many figures and so little money and space :lol
Yeah I feel you. With limited space, I had to really focus on what to collect. I ended up selling almost all of my Hot Toys figures. That’s the universal problem for us collectors, the space.

jpt-female-samurai.jpg

This is my favorite figure at the moment - Female Samurai by JPT. I have many figures with movable eyes, but they never felt right until I worked with this figure. The weaving of fibers through the metal armor is extraordinary; colors, textures and details are phenominal

View attachment 697688
This is my favorite figure at the moment - Female Samurai by JPT. I have many figures with movable eyes, but they never felt right until I worked with this figure. The weaving of fibers through the metal armor is extraordinary; colors, textures and details are phenominal
Excellent, the quality looks exceptional from the pic 👍

I really like the work of Jiu An Studio; their samurai figures are amazing. They are maybe best known for creating a Last Samurai Tom Cruise figure, but they have done others since then. This one of Date Masamune is very different proportions compared to Coo Model and others attempting this iconic historical figure. I wonder why they did not include his eyepatch

Date Masamune.jpg

Date Masamune2.jpg

Back