- Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Theater

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: - Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Theater -

Blade Runner M2019
Off-World

Hey all, thought I'd share a few shots of my current work in progress. My personal life has been a little nuts lately, so fiddling with this replica has been a nice escape. This blaster is an early version from Off-World (recent purchase from Mike J.) with a number of metal upgrades. Because it's a older model, it's also missing some details out of the box. No problem, that just meant a little more work.

I have a pro-retailer Tomenosuke, as well as a few other M2019's. Since this is a cheaper prop, I wanted to weather it similarly to the WorldCon version. I love that look and the heavy wear, but couldn't bring myself to beat up the Tomenosuke, haha.

I stripped and refinished the upper parts, added a 5th red LED, added cylinder wires, added the side nuts/bolts, then weathered and repainted the whole thing.

So, here she is. I still have a few pieces of hardware to change, and I'm waiting on a second green LED for the cylinder side. Inspired by others here, I also whipped up an ammo box and a WorldCon tag. I could see myself making small adjustments on this thing for a long time.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

And on display:

I love that pistol, and yours now looks fantastic! You can tell how much work went into it.

I think you may be the most talented customiser on this board, genuinely. Every time I see one of your posts, it reminds me how much I need to get moved and find a new area to set up my tools so I can start playing around with stuff again. My Masked P1 LSB needs to look a little more like yours for starters...

I´ve said it before, but I will say it again.
In over 20 years + collecting, yours is the most beautiful I´ve seen. The way they are displayed, the diversity and quality of the custom paint-ups are simply jaw dropping.
Definetly a goal to achieve...

I´ve said it before, but I will say it again.
In over 20 years + collecting, yours is the most beautiful I´ve seen. The way they are displayed, the diversity and quality of the custom paint-ups are simply jaw dropping.
Definetly a goal to achieve...

Man, thank you! It's been a process, that's for sure.

I really need to post some updates. There are several new pieces and new display setups. More coming soon!

Yes please. I really enjoy your thread. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This collection is insane. The best I've seen, bar none. Amazing stuff. Look forward to more pics.

Time for a chunky update.

I've been posting most of my collection stuff to Instagram (@kevdeo), so this thread has been wildly neglected. Here are some new pieces that I've added recently. Next week, I'll post an update covering a handful of new Blade Runner props and other blasters. I've been in a prop replica groove lately, which is good. I'm running out of room for 1:1 busts!

Anyway, on with the show:

1:4 Scout Trooper statue - custom

Titanfall 1:1 Pilot helmet - custom paint and finish

Distressed Display box for 1:1 hilt

1:4 ALIEN bust - custom

Black Series Trooper Helmets - custom

Dune 1:1 Crysknife replica

This collection is insane. The best I've seen, bar none. Amazing stuff. Look forward to more pics.

I really appreciate that, thanks!

It's at a point now where I need to turn over some pieces, and hone the collection a bit more. I've never been a quantity guy.

The Xenomorph bust is wonderful. Mini bust, I take it?

Awesome updates Kevin. Your work continues to amaze me!

The Xenomorph bust is wonderful. Mini bust, I take it?

Yes sir, it's about quarter scale. I did the jaw tendons in latex, which really adds something in person.

Awesome updates Kevin. Your work continues to amaze me!

Thank you sir!

That's all amazing, but the scout trooper is something else...

Thanks. The base on that one is removable. I've been debating whether to keep or sell it. :)

I've been hammering away at this Blade Runner inspired "Enforcer" kit, from Rick Ross. It's wired up with green LEDs, has metal weights, and a removable scope and silencer. The case is custom. I really love all the vintage gun cases I've seen for Blade Runner props, but I thought this piece deserved something more tactical looking. The casting on this kit was super, super clean. Very impressed.

Pretty happy with how it turned out overall. What do you guys think?

That Enforcer looks fantastic, Kevin! Love the case too! And as someone who dabbles in photography and videography, let me just say that the presentation and lighting in your shots is always simply outstanding! I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve next.

Back