- Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Theater

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: - Kev's SCI-FI Collection & Theater -

Picked up a pretty cool display pedestal at a thrift store today. It's a tank. Very happy with it for $20, haha.

What do you guys think, should I leave the textured gray or paint it all black?

depends what you plan on putting on top. A little color isn't a bad thing, I like the gray if you put something of darker color on top.

I'd definitely make it a dark gray or black, but that's just me. What's going on top of it?

I'd definitely make it a dark gray or black, but that's just me. What's going on top of it?

Well that's a bit of a surprise for next week. It'll be one my personal grails.

I think I'm going to do a two-tone. The sides in dark gray, and the top in light gray. Trying a few things in photoshop before I commit. Thanks for the input guys.

Well, I still haven't painted the pedestal, but I did get the inner shelf and electrical done. And to top it off --no pun intended-- my new grail is finally here.

1:1 Nostromo Emergency Helmet - Alien 1979
w/ custom stand

To complete the display, I'm also working on two screen accurate Nostromo cockpit fire extinguishers, and a screen accurate white emergency axe. If anyone is interested, one of the fire extinguishers will be up for sale when complete.

That's awesome!! The stand has to be dark now, or better yet, go all out and give it a Nostromo theme ;)

That is one of the best collections I have EVER seen. Hands down, top notch.
Wonderful presentation.
You must be proud and looks so comfy too.
Congratulations on this comfortable and tidy mancave.
:hi5: :1-1: :duff

That is one of the best collections I have EVER seen. Hands down, top notch.
Wonderful presentation.
You must be proud and looks so comfy too.
Congratulations on this comfortable and tidy mancave.
:hi5: :1-1: :duff

Oh man, thank you. It's been a journey, but a fun one.

Looks awesome buddy . Plinth was a lovely little pick up :)

Well, I still haven't painted the pedestal, but I did get the inner shelf and electrical done. And to top it off --no pun intended-- my new grail is finally here.

1:1 Nostromo Emergency Helmet - Alien 1979
w/ custom stand

To complete the display, I'm also working on two screen accurate Nostromo cockpit fire extinguishers, and a screen accurate white emergency axe. If anyone is interested, one of the fire extinguishers will be up for sale when complete.

That's awesome bro!!:clap:clap

Back