Katon Setiawan Workshop The Batman -Riddler 1:6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sure hope they change full price upfront. You know the childish adults would rush out to pre order then the first sign of hot toys or another company showing their version decide to cancel.
other than homemade suit spider-man, I can't recall a recent, full fabric HT figure that looked this good. i find the mixed media, weathering on this to be quite appealing. childish or personal preference...you say tomato, I say tomato...collect what you like, yes?

Last edited:
Only 45 pieces? I find that hard to believe. I bet they make 200 at least. Actually, they'll make as many as are PO'd.
lol you're always the non believer :ROFLMAO: he's an artist from my country, believe me we don't have that much of a manpower or factory workers to even reach a hundred. If we are in china or hongkong we could get that. It seems easier there, there is always those badly produced 3rd party figure, with a bad logo and bad visual design, but it's still get made. So 45 pieces are really reasonable, and that is a lot by our standard.

lol you're always the non believer :ROFLMAO: he's an artist from my country, believe me we don't have that much of a manpower or factory workers to even reach a hundred. If we are in china or hongkong we could get that. It seems easier there, there is always those badly produced 3rd party figure, with a bad logo and bad visual design, but it's still get made. So 45 pieces are really reasonable, and that is a lot by our standard.

Yeah, but that comment was made before I knew he was a single artist. I thought it was a new company... so 45 seemed a bit light even for 3rd party.

And yes, I have a healthy bit of skepticism. ;)

other than homemade suit spider-man, I can't recall a recent, full fabric HT figure that looked this good. i find the mixed media, weathering on this to be quite appealing. childish or personal preference...you say tomato, I say tomato...collect what you like, yes?
Personal preference to willy nilly order then cancel. I know. Some people have been raised to do whatever pleases them regardless of its effects on others. Like I said. I hope that person secures the money before committing resources to actually manufacturing this.

Well I just contacted the artist directly & they quoted me MORE than what Toy's Wonderland have it listed for?
So... what is that about?

Well I just contacted the artist directly & they quoted me MORE than what Toy's Wonderland have it listed for?
Was that with or without shipping included? Toys Wonderland might have the cheaper base price, but gotta factor in $100 shipping that TW charges

BigMelodicHackee-size_restricted.gif

WITHOUT shipping....
I bought direct from SooSoo when they were starting up and ended up paying more than if I’d just used a store.

Maybe they just want to milk the allure of an exclusive, limited figure for all its worth or think you’re a noob who doesn’t know where else to buy from and they’re trying to take advantage.

Either way, this character and his design really doesn’t seem to warrant such a pricey ‘custom’ offering.

No he doesn't does he? :ROFLMAO: not entirely sure why but there you go..... 🤷‍♂️

I bought direct from SooSoo when they were starting up and ended up paying more than if I’d just used a store.

Maybe they just want to milk the allure of an exclusive, limited figure for all its worth or think you’re a noob who doesn’t know where else to buy from and they’re trying to take advantage.

Either way, this character and his design really doesn’t seem to warrant such a pricey ‘custom’ offering.
That sucks man - i think its pretty ****** of artists to charge more for dealing directly with them than buying it from a middleman/shop, seems like a dick move to me.
I agree, he probably assumes that I'm some noob who has no idea where you can buy this stuff & is trying to take advantage - another indication of general shiftiness if you ask me.

To be honest - I was hoping the figure would be a little cheaper, if only a little, so i could justify buying it to myself.
But at this price..... I think i have to pass, despite how much I love the character.
This is top dollar for this scale & industry for what is a relatively simplistic (& as we have discussed not 100% accurate) design, no matter how eye-catching.
Honestly the only accessory he has that really stands out is the thumb-drive, which I love & am very impressed by.
The cards/riddles someone will be able to make in 1/6 easily enough.
Same with his other accessories.
I think I will just wait for someone else/another company to make Riddler - I cannot see it being too long, he shouldn't be terribly complicated to make.

How much more are we talking anyway? $10? $50?

Maybe ask if there's any kind of bonus for the extra charge?
$30 more
They list everything that it comes with & its identical with the exception of the "diecast carpet tucker" mentioned on Toys Wonderland, they seem to have forgotten to list it when I asked them.

I wonder if there will be an offering by SooSoo or someone if we don’t get an official Hot Toys Riddler.

I wonder if there will be an offering by SooSoo or someone if we don’t get an official Hot Toys Riddler.
I honestly wouldn't doubt it. Someone will make him. If anything. SooSoo will put theirs up for PO, then HT will release a teaser pic of their Riddler with "coming soon" only to stop ppl from POing the SooSoo version, but never actually putting it up for order like they did with Classic Loki as the most recent example.

I honestly wouldn't doubt it. Someone will make him. If anything. SooSoo will put theirs up for PO, then HT will release a teaser pic of their Riddler with "coming soon" only to stop ppl from POing the SooSoo version, but never actually putting it up for order like they did with Classic Loki as the most recent example.
Hopefully so! I wasn’t sold on his look at first, but having seen the film I like it more now and would like him in figure form.

Back