1/6 Hot Toys - VGM62/62B - StarWars Legends : Darth Revan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah fair enough, I think I just have more of a sometimes dead is better feeling when it comes to this game. I'd rather not endure the potential remakes failures regardless of whether the original still exists hahah.

As far as the figure goesI just hope that, if they don't make alterations to the mask, that a 3rd party produces a more accurate headsculpt.
I’m sure someones already started working on it :lol

Accurate to what? The only "canon" material is anchored in over 20 year old game files. Accuracy aside, I definitively think the new mask looks better, aesthetically speaking, though some of the old mask designs (yes there is plural) have some cooler looking colors. As far as the armor and costume etc. the Hot Toys prototype blows those $800 customs out of the water.

Idk where you read that.

I got it from Wookieepedia but I guess I misread it...

Revan was a Sith Lord and the namesake of the Sith Eternal army's 3rd Legion. Since the history of the Sith was kept hidden from the galaxy, only Sith cultists knew the significance of Revan's name.[1] In 3 ABY,[3] cultists searching the catacombs beneath the Sith Citadel on the planet Exegol repeated Revan's name in something similar to a chant, along with the names of other Sith.[2]

Sith trooper legions were each numerically identified and additionally named after an ancient Sith Lord. The Revan Legion was activated[1] in 35 ABY[4] along with the rest of the Sith Eternal's forces during the war between the First Order and the Resistance

To add to the discourse of the visor...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1714334880828.jpg
    FB_IMG_1714334880828.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 0
To add to the discourse of the visor...
The most important issue clearly is, outside of the giant fat visor, the Hot Toys depiction just isn't detailed enough.

Every other depiction outside of cartoony ones has it with more panels, more texture and a more complex paint job all around.

A another issue with the HT mask is the use of a black wash to make the recesses pop, it just looks super basic and cartoony at the moment in the prototype, but it also exposes how low effort the design is.

So far the mods I want for this figure will be a custom sculpt, the stock sculpt doesn't bother me but I do prefer that sharper thinner visor, so if a custom is offered by someone ill likely grab it. a custom drape hood/cape is a must for me as I don't like wired capes much, and knowing Hot Toys the hood will likely turn out less than desirable.

I did an edit to the mask in Photoshop to make it as accurate to KOTOR as possible. Essentially, Visor made thinner, added the additonal missing details / fixed the incorrect details, added some slightly coppery scratches, and added some texture/weathering to the silver part of the faceplate:

Revan KOTOR ref.jpg

Revan Edit copy.jpg

Revan-Edit GIF.gif

A major thing is the copper'y decals catching the light to frame/highlight the rim of the visor more. But fundamentally the HT mask is just too simplified and lacking in detail and weathering, which is odd because the body is very well done, very nicely weathered etc.

Last edited:
I've been completely out of the 1/6 collecting game for a solid decade now, but seeing Revan be announced I had to jump back in.

After reading all the discourse around the helmet/mask here, I found something interesting while Googling for images of Darth Revan to compare for accuracy.

It looks like Hot Toys based this entire figure off of someone's fan art, seen here:

mauro-misiewicz-mauromisiewicz-revan-render-02.jpg

Every detail, from the belts, to the armor greeble, to the addition of shoulder pads, to the staining on the sash, to the wear and tear on the helmet match up perfectly with this artwork.

If you want to see more shots with different lighting and angles, there are plenty more which can be found at this link: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/G4zNW

He looks good, but he's also beyond ancient. Even the Clone Wars are too ancient for my collecting needs.

Starkiller also looks good, and is in the sweet spot chronologically, but I've got no affinity to that character either.

So far, for me, the stars of "The Power of the Darkside" Exhibition have been 0-0-0 and BT-1.

As someone who never played the games but was a day one pre-order because of the aesthetic look of the figure, I actually prefer the wider visor interpretation Hot Toys did. To me, it makes it more mandalorian in it's look and I'm a sucker for that. I'm sure those who want a more accurate thin visor will get a few options from third parties...

As someone who never played the games but was a day one pre-order because of the aesthetic look of the figure, I actually prefer the wider visor interpretation Hot Toys did. To me, it makes it more mandalorian in it's look and I'm a sucker for that. I'm sure those who want a more accurate thin visor will get a few options from third parties...
This is also a real world interpretation of a video game character, so like their interpretations of CW & BB cartoon characters I think their taking some artistic license is justified. Plus it's just more believable that someone can actually see out of that bucket if the visor isn't a razor thin slit lol.

This is also a real world interpretation of a video game character, so like their interpretations of CW & BB cartoon characters I think their taking some artistic license is justified. Plus it's just more believable that someone can actually see out of that bucket if the visor isn't a razor thin slit lol.
Yeah, the KOTOR model has a visor slit so thin that it makes medieval jousting helmets look like wide view mode. I agree the darker colors on the game mask looks better, but overall this prototype nails the character, since they lifted it from that artwork where obviously a lot of research went into.

It's a character where it's hard to claim accuracy, but for what it's worth I think they absolutely nailed this, especially his armour and suit design. It screams Star Wars, but 4000 years before the OT. Maybe his lightsabers look a little too "modern", like they were lifted from Episode II stock.

I've been completely out of the 1/6 collecting game for a solid decade now, but seeing Revan be announced I had to jump back in.

After reading all the discourse around the helmet/mask here, I found something interesting while Googling for images of Darth Revan to compare for accuracy.

It looks like Hot Toys based this entire figure off of someone's fan art, seen here:

View attachment 700236

Every detail, from the belts, to the armor greeble, to the addition of shoulder pads, to the staining on the sash, to the wear and tear on the helmet match up perfectly with this artwork.

If you want to see more shots with different lighting and angles, there are plenty more which can be found at this link: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/G4zNW

Nice find. Hope Hot Toys paid them to use that

Back