[KATO WORKS]1/6 Don Draper 60's style suit interest

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why the last thing from Kato? You moving away from 1/6th?

Ya I have said it time and time again but It has to stop, got a nice collection now and there are still a few bashes that I will continue to add too, but for the most part I'm done buying full figures. Could very well be heading to college in September so it won't be wise of me to keep spending money on this hobby.

There a a few figures that I will try and put money aside for if they ever come to fruition but I'm certainly done with hot toys and it's killing me fighting temptation to buy that 1/4 begins batman!:gah:

Best get on that! :)

Sorry to hear this will be your last Kato purchase. This will be one hell of an outfit to go out on, though. :exactly:

Ya it sure will! It will bring a bit of class to the collection!:duff

I keep waiting for this hobby to window Down but there will be always something I want :( at least now I don't buy things that look good unless I really want it. Like most of the avemgers look good but I thought the movie was lame so I've got the willpower to hold back on that at least. Except that hulk... Gotta have that hulk!

Don's shirt WIP

mg1830y.jpg

I really can't wait to see it all come together...the suit in the perfect sharkskin fabric that Kato found, with the retro tie and pocket square is going to be unlike anything we've ever seen in 1/6. :panic:

FYI, I am not satisfactory with the collar and I hv amended the paper patten again.

Of course it is a great piece of art but I can see where you comming from. If I may add that the knot of the tie looks to be a different too. First off the pattern seems to be upside down. Second the knot is too strong, giving the knot a very sharp triangle, while it is supposed to be more of a square if that makes any sense. This does also add to make the collar looking different.
This being said: HELL WE REALLY NEED A HARVEY DENT SUIT FOR NEXT YEAR! :bow

Of course it is a great piece of art but I can see where you comming from. If I may add that the knot of the tie looks to be a different too. First off the pattern seems to be upside down. Second the knot is too strong, giving the knot a very sharp triangle, while it is supposed to be more of a square if that makes any sense. This does also add to make the collar looking different.
This being said: HELL WE REALLY NEED A HARVEY DENT SUIT FOR NEXT YEAR! :bow

Thx for yr comment, here is my explanation : :wave

1. there are many many different tie pattern in the TV show actually. Unlike Joker, he don't hv any significant tie pattern

2. I am not the graphic designer that I don't know making the right pattern exactly the same :lol

3. I do not satisfy with the tie as what you said also, so I hv made a new one ( base on the available pattern in the market...sorry... it is not exactly the same as what you want)

Second trial of the tie :
mg1918.jpg

draper21024x682.jpg

Like those of Joker project, I can make it if someone can provide me the graphic design of tie pattern.

So glad we pushed even if there is only 7 of us who care about Don Draper.. the suit is every bit as important as the head for Don Draper no ready market crap will do.

Back