Jurassic World (SPOILERS!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jurassic World

I loved it when a movie surprises me. This one did. I was fully ready to bag on it. Just like I am for Terminator and Fantastic 4 and Ant-Man... but believe me, if they're great, I'll be the first to convert and admit it. Happily. Like with this one.

OK, ranking the popular Top 3:

1. FR
2. JW
3. AoU

Admittedly, I think I walked out of JW with a bigger smile, but FR was the first movie I saw in a long time that brought back that old movie-going experience of awe and thrill so it wins. Also, I think the charm of JW may only work a couple times before it passes and some of that stuff starts to seem silly in time (like when this starts running on cable next summer)... whereas Fury Road I think will only get better with multiple viewings over time. There's something "hip" about FR -- or maybe its just that's its so wrong -- but JW is anything but 'hip'.

Anyway, its great to have two excellent movies already and the summer's not even over.... and then we get Bond and Star Wars for Christmas. What a year this is going to be!

I thought Owen and Claire were every bit as memorable as the characters in JP1. And the boys were MUCH less annoying than the kids in the first one. Who the **** turns ON a massive flashlight to try and draw a freaking Tyrannosaurus Rex toward you???

So you went back 80 pages to re-post some quotes out of context...and then you call me a troll? :lol Here, I'll post everything, including you getting owned on your BS trolling :wave
You think you "owned" me because I didn't reply to you after that? :lol I put you on ignore. :slap I only started reading your recent posts because there have been many of them along with other members talking of "trolling".

You literally went on a whiny fanboy rampage because someone said something bad about Leto's Joker. That's it. That's all it took for you to devolve into an impulsive child and start trashing this movie. I simply point that out, ask why you're in the thread in the first place, and you have the authority to then accuse me of trolling, and then begin trashing a film that I like. :lol

Yooooo but when the T. rex smashes the spino skeleton it was just pure epicness!!! Pure epicness to the max!

You literally went on a whiny fanboy rampage because someone said something bad about Leto's Joker. That's it. That's all it took for you to devolve into an impulsive child and start trashing this movie. I simply point that out, ask why you're in the thread in the first place, and you have the authority to then accuse me of trolling, and then begin trashing a film that I like. :lol

Except that my negative comments about this film came before anyone saying anything negative about Leto'sjoker :lol Nice try though.

I simply point that out, ask why you're in the thread in the first place, and you have the authority to then accuse me of trolling, and then begin trashing a film that I like. :lol

And I gave you an answer

To give my opinion. It's a forum...:dunno

Then you stopped making sense :lol

That excuse doesn't work here.

I loved it when a movie surprises me. This one did. I was fully ready to bag on it. Just like I am for Terminator and Fantastic 4 and Ant-Man...

I don't really care if FF4 sucks or if Ant-Man is mediocre which I think will be the case for both of them. But it is frustrating to see how far the filmmakers went out of their way to make Gensisys stupid. Jurassic World could have gone that route but clearly wanted to be a genuinely exciting movie. Genisys looks like the action sequences are just filler between stupid jokes and unfunny one-liners.

Genisys looks like the action sequences are just filler between stupid jokes and unfunny one-liners.

Maybe it is and maybe not. Trailers can be misleading. I'm not holding out a ton of hope for it, but I plan to see it before I pass a full judgement. I think the plot twist sucks if that's actually what it turns out to be, but I'll go on one last right with Arnold Schwarzenegger back in the role. If I think it sucks I'll be honest and say I think it sucks.

I don't really care if FF4 sucks or if Ant-Man is mediocre which I think will be the case for both of them. But it is frustrating to see how far the filmmakers went out of their way to make Gensisys stupid. Jurassic World could have gone that route but clearly wanted to be a genuinely exciting movie. Genisys looks like the action sequences are just filler between stupid jokes and unfunny one-liners.

It's a nearly impossible task to make something campy and yet, as Jye said, charming enough to make you overlook it. Doesn't happen often, believe me if people could achieve it they would much more often. But this movie really succeeded in that narrow little slice between sheer entertainment and unbelievable idiocy. Talk about suspension of disbelief. Film students should study this movie to see how Trevorrow achieved it again and again.

Hell, $200 million opening weekend for a 4th installment has to be a record in itself.

Maybe it is and maybe not. Trailers can be misleading.

Yes, deep down, I am hoping that *something* just isn't translating in the trailers and that when I see it I'll go, "ohhhh, not what I was expecting but cool!" Or something. But I've seen so many damn clips at this point I just don't see how that will be the case. I honestly don't want the film to suck but I'm braced for the worst.

"JYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"

jurassic-world-super-bowl-trailer-screenshot-pteranodon-1.jpg

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I loved it when a movie surprises me. This one did. I was fully ready to bag on it. Just like I am for Terminator and Fantastic 4 and Ant-Man... but believe me, if they're great, I'll be the first to convert and admit it. Happily. Like with this one.

OK, ranking the popular Top 3:

1. FR
2. JW
3. AoU

Admittedly, I think I walked out of JW with a bigger smile, but FR was the first movie I saw in a long time that brought back that old movie-going experience of awe and thrill so it wins. Also, I think the charm of JW may only work a couple times before it passes and some of that stuff starts to seem silly in time (like when this starts running on cable next summer)... whereas Fury Road I think will only get better with multiple viewings over time. There's something "hip" about FR -- or maybe its just that's its so wrong -- but JW is anything but 'hip'.

Anyway, its great to have two excellent movies already and the summer's not even over.... and then we get Bond and Star Wars for Christmas. What a year this is going to be!

Great analysis why FR might be the better movie in the long run........

But......

I live in the now.

Using your perfectly chosen measuring gauge, I left with a smile on both JW/AOU, but not FR.

FR did improve for me on the 2nd and 3rd viewing.

JW/AOU were instant gratification.

Last edited:

I enjoyed both this and aou. Haven't seen fury road . But I don't see anything topping the epicness of this movie this summer, not ant man and not ff for certain I don't know what I think of terminator.

Honestly, I too was one of those getting ready to watch another JPIII. Movie was actually really goo. Enjoyed it a lot. Will buy

Movie was actually really goo.

:lol Did you get goo-y?

instant gratification.

JW was definitely that. That's probably the best description of this movie. Even when it started to get cheesy it somehow pulled itself back into the enjoyment range.

But it's not for people with 'darker' sensibilities... or those expecting some hard-core high-tension suspense thriller. Those who like JP3 are clearly the ones who prefer that kind of picture, over story, acting, logic, and premise.

Claire was standing as close to the T-Rex as Ian and ran as fast as he did with the flare.

Her scene wasn't any less realistic than his.

Just thought I throw that out there. :lol

Last edited:
Back